Percentage of juice to lower NIC levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
So I just got my ego today from previously smoking Blu...Have a bunch of JC Red Oak line that is 24mg nic, but the throat/chest hit is just way to much for me, and I am pretty sure that is because of the nicotine levels. I have a Kanger T2/T3/eVod, tried different ohms, on each, but still the hit is juts to much, so I really think it just must be the nic levels. Since Blu carts are only like what...well it says 13-16mg on the site so I have no idea what the .... it is really. I obviously don't want to just buy lower strength nic since I have a bunch already. Basically my question is to how to lower the level of the nic in the JC I have. This local store has 100% VG 0mg base, so I am going to go pick that up, but I am not sure if I understand the right way to lower the levels. Say I take 1mL of JC 24mg juice, and add .25mg of 0mg base, would that make the entire concoction 18mg? Or is it calculated in some other way. And should I mix it in a cup or something first and stir it together or just dump both into the clearomizer and shake it around.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
I'd u take 24 ml and use 50% of it in an empty bottle then take 50% of 12 ml and add to th rest of the new bottle u well end up with 18 ml.

Whatever the 2 u mix together if u use 50% of each just count the diff between the two ie: 24ml and 12ml the diff is 12, now cut the 12 in half and voila u end up with 6 which gives u 12 plus 6 = 18 ml. I know there's a proper mathematical form for this but I think u see what I mean.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Say I take 1mL of JC 24mg juice, and add .25mg of 0mg base, would that make the entire concoction 18mg? Or is it calculated in some other way. And should I mix it in a cup or something first and stir it together or just dump both into the clearomizer and shake it around.

This would make slightly over 19mg/ml liquid. I would probably use a syringe to mix such small amounts. The flavor would be diminished, but not as bad as if you mixed 50/50. :)

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
This would make slightly over 19mg/ml liquid. I would probably use a syringe to mix such small amounts. The flavor would be diminished, but not as bad as if you mixed 50/50. :)

if i wanted to get down to 16mg nic what percentages would i use? 1mL of 24mg and slightly less than .5mL of 0mg? I have a 3mL syringe btw, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
if i wanted to get down to 16mg nic what percentages would i use? 1mL of 24mg and slightly less than .5mL of 0mg? I have a 3mL syringe btw, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I can't figure percentages (not how my brain works), but I can tell you if you use 2 parts of 24mg and 1 part of 0mg you will have 16mg/ml. :)

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
I can't figure percentages (not how my brain works), but I can tell you if you use 2 parts of 24mg and 1 part of 0mg you will have 16mg/ml. :)

yeah i didn't mean like actual percentages lol i can't figure that out either...so I guess i'll just try 1mL 24mg and .5mL 0mg...is the flavor really going to diminish that much btw?

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com

If a 1:1 ratio splits the nic in half then only adding half as much 0mg would be the same as a 2:1 and should give you 16mg. Think of it this way using single 1ml measurements... (24 + 24 + 0)/3 = 48/3 = 16! :)

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
yeah i didn't mean like actual percentages lol i can't figure that out either...so I guess i'll just try 1mL 24mg and .5mL 0mg...is the flavor really going to diminish that much btw?

It really depends on the strength of the original flavor. All you can do is try it. I have never had the JC Red Oak liquid. You may end up liking it more than the original.

You are on your way to DIY!, which is what I kinda do. :)

boshans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
New York, USA
If a 1:1 ratio splits the nic in half then only adding half as much 0mg would be the same as a 2:1 and should give you 16mg. Think of it this way using single 1ml measurements... (24 + 24 + 0)/3 = 48/3 = 16! :)

Thank you, it makes so much more sense now. (24+0)/1.5(since I only added half a mL) would be 16. So much easier to figure it out that way.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Say I take 1mL of JC 24mg juice, and add .25mg of 0mg base, would that make the entire concoction 18mg? Or is it calculated in some other way. And should I mix it in a cup or something first and stir it together or just dump both into the clearomizer and shake it around.

That is not quite correct - the formula for converting is as follows:
amt of base to add = amt of existing base x ((Nic level desired - Nic level existing) / (Nic level added - Nic level desired))​

in your case:
amt of base to add = 1ml x ((18mg - 24mg) / (0mg - 18mg)) = 1 ml x (-6 / -18)​
amt of base to add = 1ml x .3333 = .333ml​

Hope that you could follow this, as math is hard to read in text format! And remember, if you want to spike your juice to a higher level, you have to use a base with a higher level of nic concentration than the original base, say 50 mg or even better 100mg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread