Percentages of Unflavored Juice???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbie

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
South Jersey
I bought 250ml of both 36 mg and 60 mg unflavored juice in the half-price sale. I just received it today.

In fact, the box had a stamp on it from the Post Office apologizing for having damaged it. There was a hole in the box. 8-o

When I opened the box, one of the bottles of juice had a completely broken cap. Once I unwrapped the bottle, the busted cap just fell off. The bottle was all wet and I immediately washed it off in the kitchen sink.

But guess what?? No problem at all. The bottle was wrapped so well, I probably only lost a few drops. The wrapping held the cap on. :):):)

Great wrapping job!!! :thumbs:

However, the bottles do not state 36 or 60 mg. They say 3.6% and 6%. I would assume this is the percentage of nicotine in the VG. So I would assume the 3.6% is 36 mg and the 6% is the 60 mg, right?

I had to find other bottles to put the 3.6% in, so I would appreciate someone letting me know for sure as I have to label the bottles.

Debbie

TJPatt72

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Tx
Debbie, this is what I have found and someone said it was right.
1ml=1000mg (amounts you insert are per ml of substance; in mg. For example in 1 ml of glycerine there are 1000 mg glycerine)
So in your case: 250ml 36mg, 60mg
Nic-36mg/ml=36mg/1000ml=0.036=3.6%
Nic-60mg/ml=60mg/1000ml=0.06=6%

I'm glad they had it wrapped so good and you came out okay. This is exactly why they are trying to out-law the shipping of nic through the post office. While you knew the danger, those working in the postal service would have no ideal what kind of liquid got on them if the package had leaked before it got to you. This has happened with other things/chemicals in the past and when they went to the hospital with problems from it unless they where lucky enough to still find a sample of the liquid somewhere on a belt, doctors had no ideal of what they where fighting against. That is what finally led to the ban of shipping hazordous materials through regular mail service.

I on the other hand just think it should be shipped as fragile so they take better care of the package or hazordous if package is damaged which might be better because they don't care if things get broken anymore thanks to insurance. Dangerous stuff moves throughout this country daily by rail, planes and trucks. You only know about it if there is a major accident and you are evacuated from your home or it makes the news. Recent news had a nurse treat a gas drilling man who had something on his boots she took off, when she became sick they contacted the company that made the stuff that was on his boots and they just gave the information of what to medically do-secret formula so they didn't have to give the contents. Same goes with all your oven, kitchen, bath cleaning chemicals-not everything is on the list.

Remember mothers work in the postal service and then go home and nurse their babies. While I want my 60mg nick, I don't want others to become sick from it's transport-though it should still get transported but with more care taken with no added cost. That way if there is a wreck the shipper will know if the box is destroyed to handle it with care. We aren't talking about 100% proof nic to where a drop will kill you, thus since it's dilluted to where only proper handling of a spill matters I think the only requirements should be a standarized packaging method, warning label on the outside of the box, and tracking so they would always know where the box was in case a mysterious spill is discovered they would know where the package was so they could make sure it wasn't what got on a person. I would much rather that happen than it be banned from shipping. If I'm wrong, someone please chime in and let me know.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I think you are correct on all of this, TJ. The % is a weight/volume %. This was indeed a close call. My 0.5 L of 100 mg VG was also wrapped very well, but I would suggest to Chris to put the bottle in one or maybe two ziplock bags before wrapping it all up in bubble sheet. That way if there is a break with sharp glass, it is almost certain that all liquid will be contained safely. A "fragile glass" sticker is also a good idea. Most chemicals from places like Aldrich are shipped in glass bottles or jars, vacuum sealed in heavy plastic and this is all packed in perlite, which is a sort of mica-like flaky dry powdery material, to soak up a possible break/spill. The foam peanuts my bottle was packed in is good for impacts, but will not absorb a lot of the thick juice if there is a break and breach of the bubble sheet wrapping. Often the wrapped bottles are surrounded also with form-fitting styrofoam, like on the corners of boxed stereo components.

These things would add cost to the shipping, but I for one would be willing to pay the extra few bucks for it.

Holy God is Chris's unflavored great! I may just finish this 3 mL of 18 mg I made for a test tonight! ;):D:thumbs:

TJPatt72

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Tx
Just repeating what I found elsewhere on the forum by luck in one of my searches while trying to find out how much PG was used in a flat PG base. Since I like vapor I didn't want to add more PG to a recipe since it is loaded with it anyway. Now that I have some strictly based in VG I'll also know how to combine both nics better-roughly.

A damaged 36mg bottle wouldn't present as much of a problem to shippers unless someone was hightly sensitive/allergic to things anyway I would think. 60mg would probably make a normal person sick if not washed off (guessing, not sure but I won't take any chances), yet I'm sure protocol is if a shipper gets a liquid on them to wash it off with soap and water as soon as possible-yet in the field thats not as easy of a task when out on deliverys. Then you have the seldom wrecks where packages & mail are strung all over the place where a truck went off a bridge.

I backed out of ordering the 100ml for now, but do plan on getting some when the other supplies run down. I also wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks for added protection in packaging, which I also wouldn't mind shipping back to them to get a break on my next order since the packaging would be recycled. I just wouldn't want to pay a higher price for shipping since it's high as is and they should be taking better care of packages instead of just relying on insurance to cover it. I had a $400 riding mower transmission laying in the sand when I got home, they had set the package under the gate and my livestock ate all the packaging. Another time when I ordered tobacco to roll my own, same thing happened but that time it was far more dangerous since it is toxic to livestock right along with ingesting pieces of the plastic bags. They ate 60% of the box and only one of the 3 packages had some missing out of it.

Another advantage to using safer packaging is the fact it would probably be more favorable to you if you ended up in court over it (taking more precautions always stands up better than few or none-either as a supplier or customer-now they go after everybody and anybody) along with giving those Senators who keep trying to get this banned from shipping less excuses to use when it comes to the safety of others involved in it's transport. My concern is for the suppliers not getting sued (along with me for ordering it) and no one harmed if it did break in transportation. Means a little more to me probably since my Brother died at 49 from one of those mysterious gotten infections after having the heart dye test done, either picked it up out of the hospital or contanination at the sandpaper manufacturing plant from grime/chemicals in that air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread