Perfumers Apprentice Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
If anyone is interested, The Perfumers Apprentice has started making DIY flavors for us. There shipping and service is great and Linda is a very nice person to deal with.
They are making both PG and VG flavorings and will be adding more to the list. She is looking for feedback and opinions to help us out with things we need, and her prices are very good also.

Professional Flavors

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
so are these doublers? no nic juice?

These are only the flavors to be using in making your nic juice.

Are these are made by Perfumer's Apprentice? Or just acquired elsewhere and distributed through them. I ask because everything on their list is available from Lorann.

I talked to Linda at lengths and these are their own flavors they mix in their lab. The black cherry is GREAT as is the blueberry. The cherry from Loranns taste like cough syrup, the black cherry is wonderful!
And Lorann does not have Jamacin Spiced Rum, White Chocolate (Clear), Cappucino, Kona Coffe, and BTW their cinnamon is NOT an oil, and their Chocolate is clear not dark like mud.
Hope this helps
Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: ktcmojo

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Ok ..you sold me on the cherry..sounds like it would make great cherry cheesecake.

Dan, Are the flavors strong? ...so I will know how much to order.

On the Black Cherry and the Blueberry I used 10% flavoring and I am loving it. So they are on par with Lorann concentration.
Dan

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
I got some sample crystals from linda a while back, but haven't homebrewed any juice from them yet. One of them I sent to a friend that likes menthol. She had just gotten in a new flavor called Coolada and she said it was very strong mint that she would have to cut down before selling. I was at their site recently and didn't see coolada available for sale, so she might have passed on carrying it, or she brewed it down and is calling it something else.

Linda knows her flavors and you can rest assured of the purity of ingredients and her mastery in flavoring. I can't wait to try some in the near future. Especially with my JB coming where I'll have to cut down the nicotine strength in my juices.

Loranns just doesn't do it for me. There doesn't seem to be any consistency in vape or flavor when I mix Loranns up. Other commercial DIY flavoring vendors seem to use Lorann's too, so I haven't bothered to try them.

The Coolada, raspberry and a couple other flavor granules that Linda sent were similar to Ethyl Maltol in the way you mix them. If she's doing it herself now, she just saved many of us the guess work and at 10% flavoring to get a good juice, that's outstanding.

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
I received the following flavors from PA today:

Blueberry
Apple
Green Apple
Black Cherry
Vanilla (Madagascar)
Plum
Banana Cream
Brandy
Cappucino

I haven't had a chance to play with them yet because I had a mod emergency this evening, so I ended up having to build a new one (to make a long story short, when I glue, I don't play!). They all smell wonderful, though!

I'll report on a couple of them tomorrow evening.

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
OK...I finally had time to try a blend using the Brandy and Madagascar Vanilla at 15% and 5% respectively into my base of 100mg Nic/VG/PGA/TA Mix/EM.

Not too bad, but I really think I could go a bit higher than 20% total. While the flavor "is" there, it still seems a bit weak to me.

I dripped into my 302 atty at 6V and it started tasting a bit burnt on the last couple of draws (I regularly vape at 6V).

Changed to a 510 atty using an adapter on the same mod...tasted a lot better, but the flavor was smoother somehow...no burnt taste.

Changed to a 306 atty...blech (but I think it's because the 306 has not yet broken in).

I tried the Blueberry yesterday at 20% into the same base...not nearly as good as Lorann's to me.

I'll try the rest of the flavors I bought, but if I have to go as high as with those above, I probably won't be ordering any more...too much dilution of my base.

Just my .02.

Sherry

ETA 1/29/10

Tried the following today...

Black Cherry - while I "do" get a black cherry-ish taste, it also tastes very "chemical" to me.

Banana Cream - tested at 20%, too weak, but the flavor of a banana "Laffy Taffy" "is" there and is true.

Apple - tested at 20%, too weak, but the apple flavor itself (like a Red Delicious) is very good.

Green Apple - same as Apple above.

I don't know if she's diluting these flavors herself, but if she is and could double the concentration, some of these would be great for our purposes.

Again, just my .02.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread