Perfumer's Apprentice - Great flavoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecitek

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Earth
I recently received an order from Perfumer's Apprentice. I ordered Elthyl Maltol, tobacco Absolute, Chocolate, Green Apple and Red Hots.

I bought the Green Apple just for grins, because I LOVED Jolly Rancher's green apple candy as a kid.

I just mixed up some Green Apple and I LOVE IT!

When I started looking into e-Cigs a few weeks ago I thought that not only were e-Cigs STUPID AS HELL, but FLAVORS.... c'mon... FLAVORS??? WHO THE HELL WANTS TO SMOKE A FLAVOR???

oops. I was wrong.

Starting around afternoon, I go from tobacco flavors to Candy flavors and they are GREAT. My favorite was Atomic Fireball - but now Green Apple is right up there too!

ExFumidus

Dec 31, 2009
London
I agree !!! ... I just received some myself ... and think their "White Chocolate" flavor is absolutely deeeelicious ! ...

And their "Tangerine" one is also absolutely spot on ! ~ It is intensely tangerine-y ! Very tangy and natural tasting ! :eek:)

Those are my two fave ones so far ! ...

Oh yeah, I also really liked their "Jamaican Rum" flavor. ... Very much like the sort of rum flavor in your typical "Rum & Raisin" ice-cream type flavor.

All in all, I think they are making some really good flavors ! ... And their prices are excellent too, which is always nice ! ... Am already putting in for a second order :eek:)

JustSayHuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Houston, Tx
Terrible name, though! Can't bring myself to order there as "perfume" is tha last thing I want to taste...

I know the dreaded taste you are referring to but that name is just because of the supplies they sell for other crafts. I've heard really good things about their flavors so I ordered a bunch on Friday and received a processed/shipping notification today (2 days later). Looking forward to trying these!

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
I just got started in trying Perfumer's Apprentice flavorings - a little goes a LOOOONG way with this stuff.

I mixed blueberry, graham cracker, and cheesecake - FAB! Tastes like blueberry muffins.
You know Blueberry Muffins are a no-no for me Vicks!!! Hola by the way!

:)The Wiz!

ecitek

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Earth
I said I would post when I had some opinion on their Chocolate flavor.

I purchased it as a top-note to add to tobacco flavors. I had a tobacco liquid which I was not too thrilled about, so I added a bit of caramel and chocolate flavoring to it and it is really GOOD.

It really adds a nice flavor to the tobacco.

I doubt that I would really enjoy a stand-alone chocolate flavor, but who knows. Maybe in the future I will try it - but not just yet...

garyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
idaho
I have almost all their flavors and have been quite pleased so far. Be careful with the tobacco absolute, strong stuff, tastes more like tobacco than anything I've tried so far. I think I'm going to try to filter the TA thru a coffee filter as there are still some particles in it from the tobacco leafs/stems, don't want this going in the atty.

garyd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
idaho
Last edited:

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
As I mentioned in another post, I got mine today also. Two days from order to mailbox CA to MD. Mixed a little of the Peanut Butter and Acetyl Pyrazine in to my homemade 555 mix and WOW! The coffee had leaked a very slight amount, like a drop total in the bubble wrap package and when I opened my mailbox it was EXACTLY like opening the door to Starbucks...and I know because I buy 5 lb. bags of it and grind mine fresh every morning. I now have flavoring from PA, FA, Capellas, Lorann and a few from some suppliers here and I'm afraid all but the PA and FA's are going to be lonely or sold...or mixed in with the likes at small amounts. PA is VERY impressive and that's coming from a pessimistic nit picking SOB. Of course taste is ones own also. I ordered like one of everything almost, 17 all together, so I will be reporting back as I go.

Oh...and the TA smells just like a tobacco should...cant wait to try it.

NOTE TO SELF....DO NOT LICK THE PURE BLACK PEPPER FLAVORING OFF YOUR FINGER EVER AGAIN!!!!:evil::shock::cry:

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
Thanks!! I am looking forward to starting!!!:)

Good luck! Drop by the DIY sub-forum if you have any questions or successful mixes, we get lonely doing all kinds of hard work while people whimsically review the flavors. :rolleyes:

And yes, PA rocks! I have 10 of their flavors and want to order soon, but I'll OD if I go through it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread