Periodontitis / e-liquid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
vafvaf said:
I use to have a problem with periodontitis; more than month after I start e smoking I have kind of symptom of aggravation of periodontitis? Could it be connected with the e-liquid (of course time to time I am getting e-liquid to my mouth). Somebody experience a problem with gums? is it possible?
Do you suffer from periodontitis earlier before using e-liquid??....Dental hygiene should be checked before beginning with e-liquid..By right bad oral hygiene should improved after stopping tobacco products unless you had e-liquid in your mouth...

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
vafvaf said:
thanks jim for your respond; i had periodontitis from long time before and constantly have to "cure-care" about it. i presume that i will get better with the stop smoking; just wary about e-liquid: its unavoidably came to mouth time to time, so, i am wandering how bad it could be for the sensitives gums...
Ok..noted..best advise is get your dentist to do scaling and complete oral /dental check..remove the primer cause first then continue your e-smoking and see whether it reoccur again...take care... ;)

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
While not suffering from periodontitis, I certainly get mouth ulcers within a week of packing in smoking tobacco- without fail.

I have been led to believe that this is due to the lack of the antibacterial nature of tobacco smoke, and the increased quantity of bacteria in the mouth therefore leading to ulceration.

I may be wrong but periodontitis is also caused by bacteria? So perhaps a high strength antibac mouthwash like Corsodyl will do the trick.

Hope it gets better,

SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread