perpetual nicotine thumb...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
maybe i'm just not good at cleaning up after myself , and no matter how many times i wash my hands , i feel like i always have juice residue on my thumb and forefinger. I feel like it's on my mouse , my keyboard , all my devices and on my thumb... even after i clean everything off.

i don't get it , does juice ever rinse fully away!?:mad:

maybe it's just in my head...

Chorizo

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
IN
Sometimes it feels greasy when I get it on my hands, and might take two hand washes to completely rid myself of that feeling.

On the other hand, I am INCREDIBLY weird about getting this liquid places because it's toxic and all that so yeah, I imagine it's everywhere too.

I love that avatar, that's cool.

Anyway, it might be all in your head, I tend to imagine all manner of weird things because of worries, especially about this toxic liquid. But realistically, I would like to say and hope that it does come off of things.

Yeah, or maybe I'm just crazy, that's entirely possible(likely) as well.

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
I keep a box of tissue handy, the e-cigs occasionally will leek a little after refilling cart. It don't take but a drop to feel like you got a cup of stuff on you. A little goes a long way that is why pg and vg is used in lotions.

yeah... that makes sense , it kind of feels like a lotion like sensation

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
I keep a pack of those antibacterial wipes next to me when I mix and wipe my hands with them as I need to. I have to use crutches to walk and I just dont want to get juice all over the handles of them. They seem to keep my hands clean and clear of any greasy feeling.

wow , that's a really good idea , do you wipe down your devices with them also , might help me with all my devices feeling greasy...

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
maybe it's just in my head...

Then again, maybe it's not. I've noticed that after I use the Turkish tobacco simulation smoke juice, I can smell it on my fingertips when I switch to another juice. Then again, I am a careless vaper. I hold the carts when I refill them and there's some spillage. Some tips leak slightly around the connection. Sometimes I get a few drops in my mouth and look around for something to spit in. I have atomizers standing in a plate and, when I move them tomorrow, I'll use a tissue to sop up whatever fluid is left. Heck, even if I spill some on myself, I don't stop what I'm doing to clean up immediately.

I think that my life, vaping, and juice are all intertwined now. I also think that after the millions (literally) of mg of nicotine I have sucked in, this fluid is not going to hurt me.

And I don't even want to think about the meaning of having fallen asleep with the PV in my hand a couple of nights ago. Seven hours later, I was still clutching it. Wonder if I had been smoking it in my sleep? That might explain why my sister's dog who passed away twenty years ago was walking alongside me on a trail in the woods in my dream.

Now I make it a practice to put down the PV before I go to sleep. :sleep: zzz

Extremeodd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2009
Yeah the stuff makes a mess, its even better when you have a 3xAA box mod and have the cart fill it with juice, it leaks out of every joint and gets freaking EVERYWHERE. Good thing I puff 11mg cut down to roughly 5mg with glycerin so I dont care if I get a little on me (other than the greasy feeling) but for the love of god dont rub your eyes with a nic-o-finger, the pain, the pain!!

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Water....I've never had anything that felt sort of greasy/sticky wash off so quickly with water only. But instead of having to always be near a faucet, I keep a wet washcloth handy next to where I top off and it quickly removes those drops I try so hard to avoid but can't. If I don't remove it, it gets on everything I touch.

I think the cure is not to be drippy, which isn't easy. Now when I add drops to my cart, I try to 'upright' my bottle after every 3 or 4 drops, so it doesn't have time to run out if I'm over-doing it. It helps. Also, a bottle that doesn't release its drops real easy works better to avoid a mess.

Crankyfuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
wow , that's a really good idea , do you wipe down your devices with them also , might help me with all my devices feeling greasy...

I also felt like the liquid was still there after I would clean up so I started to use the clorex wipes where i do my mixing at and give my pvs a wipe down every day. I also keep a few of the travel ones with my kit in case i get any liquid on me it seems to remove the juice the easiest and quickest.

Crankyfuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Need to know stuff keeps rolling my way, thanks, I have a 6lb Chihuahua, the love of my life, it would kill me if I made her sick :/ Those wipes are cheap, and handy. Thanks again.

I do not know how much juice it would take to poison a small dog but I figure it cant take much to do in a 3 pound dog. I also have a chihuahua and he likes to be close to me and of course lick my hands so I am extremely careful about the liquid I figure what fixes my cravings would probably kill him pretty quick. Other people with animals in the home should probably think about this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread