Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Its all good. I even went so far as to build coils for the tfv8 rba head too. Works like its supposed to. And no leaks either. Im just about to figure out why people have smok leak issues. Nothing more than crappy coil heads. I had one finally. It was just built badly and slipped thru quality check. So from now on, ill inspect each one i buy very closely.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
It's always a great day when you don't burst into flames!! ;)
Yeah. Last week i hit some single wire kanthals with too much power and combusted the vg. Cotton didnt burn tho, just the juice. Oh yeah, and singed my moustache a little. No pain, no gain. Right? Lol

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
One other item on smok coils. The "new coil" taste. When you get a new smok tank, the pre installed coil is fine. Proper priming and youre ready to go. But then, when you install a new coil head, there is a funky taste through the first couple tankfuls. Ive read several accounts about this and explanations vary from juice flavor issues to wattage. I have decided that it is simply a "new coil" taste. Probably a residual machine oil or something. I havent tried it yet but ive considered soaking new coils in everclear for a few hours and then rinse and dry thoroughly before using. When i do this, ill report on the results. Just my two cents worth on this issue.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
One other item on smok coils. The "new coil" taste. When you get a new smok tank, the pre installed coil is fine. Proper priming and youre ready to go. But then, when you install a new coil head, there is a funky taste through the first couple tankfuls. Ive read several accounts about this and explanations vary from juice flavor issues to wattage. I have decided that it is simply a "new coil" taste. Probably a residual machine oil or something. I havent tried it yet but ive considered soaking new coils in everclear for a few hours and then rinse and dry thoroughly before using. When i do this, ill report on the results. Just my two cents worth on this issue.
I would hope there isn't any "machine oil" (which is usually a misnomer for cutting fluid) in the coils. Likely it's just "new cotton" taste -- I get it too, in my rebuildables. It goes away eventually; this can be sped up with a "flood and burn" where you soak the crap out of your wicks and burn off the excess a couple of times, before vaping.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I would hope there isn't any "machine oil" (which is usually a misnomer for cutting fluid) in the coils. Likely it's just "new cotton" taste -- I get it too, in my rebuildables. It goes away eventually; this can be sped up with a "flood and burn" where you soak the crap out of your wicks and burn off the excess a couple of times, before vaping.
Maybe machine oil is the wrong word . Would still hate to think there was any kind of processing fluid residue. On my rda new cotton has a little odd taste but like you said, soak and "burn" it off first takes care of that.

Reactions: Letitia

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I havent tried it yet but ive considered soaking new coils in everclear for a few hours and then rinse and dry thoroughly before using. When i do this, ill report on the results.
Why waste good alcohol? When you get my age we clean vape gear with Polident Denture Cleaner. :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread