Personal Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
Kudo's to Steve for editing the product descriptions in the categories column on the website!:thumbs: Perhaps when you have a little more time (ha,ha):lol: you may want to change the actual product descriptions when you click on the category. They still say e-cigarette.

You are doing an awesome service to us all! Thank you, Thank you! :wub:

Now we should maybe look at the title of this forum a little? Maybe change it to e-vapor-forum.com or or epv-forum.com? Just a thought...:confused:

What do other members think?

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
The major search terms don't include personal vaporizer so until that time, it's a bit hard to drop the e-cig bit. As you say, well done Steve for doing this although it can't be great for traffic.

From what I hear, traffic through Steve's little home resembles LA rush hour lately. I think business could bear it.;)

quaa

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
The major search terms don't include personal vaporizer so until that time, it's a bit hard to drop the e-cig bit. As you say, well done Steve for doing this although it can't be great for traffic.
search terms don't mean anything. He can code e-cig or e-cigarette in the meta data at the top of the page and google or yahoo will still pull those search terms but on the actual page it could say personal vaporizer. :p

SupplierX

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2008
Ohio USA
www.VaprEcig.com
Personal vaporizer puts e-cigs closer to the category of a medical device. The FDA does not have jurisdiction over cigarettes, but they would have jurisdiction over a medical device. I know everyone thinks that this is a good idea, and I realized I will be chastised for saying this, but renaming e-cigs personal vaporizer is a bad idea.

dohsma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
WI, USA
I am going to have to back Abe on this one. We are currently working on getting our site updated to use both terms. However, for search engine rankings there does need to be the use of the word throughout the content as well.

I have heard that google and the rest look more at the content of the pages now than the metatags. So this would back up what you guys are saying about search engine rankings.

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
Personal vaporizer puts e-cigs closer to the category of a medical device. The FDA does not have jurisdiction over cigarettes, but they would have jurisdiction over a medical device. I know everyone thinks that this is a good idea, and I realized I will be chastised for saying this, but renaming e-cigs personal vaporizer is a bad idea.

To help in the event of an assault my dear friend: vaporizer definition | Dictionary.com

;) The use of "medicinal substance", "respiratory relief", "medicine".

While I am going to support my fellow e-smokers with their use of the word from the urban slang perspective, it does not bode well in the legal battle that we must fight. Unfortunately.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Yea, I see

vaporizer definition | Dictionary.com

va⋅por⋅iz⋅er
   /ˈveɪpəˌraɪzər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [vey-puh-rahy-zer] Show IPA
–noun

1. a person or thing that vaporizes.
2. a device for turning liquid into vapor, as an atomizer, esp. one that converts a medicinal substance into a vapor that is inhaled for respiratory relief.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Lacey Great Job!

Vaporizer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Not to be confused with humidifier.
For the device used in surgery, see anaesthetic vaporiser.

A vaporizer (or vapouriser) is a device used to sublimate the active ingredients of plant material, commonly cannabis, tobacco, or any of many other therapeutic or medicinal herbs or blends (phyto-inhalation; see also: aromatherapy). Vaporization is an alternative to smoking. Rather than burning the herb, which produces irritating, toxic, and carcinogenic by-products, a vaporizer heats the material in a partial vacuum so that the active compounds contained in the plant boil off into a vapor. No combustion is evident. Therefore no smoke or taste of smoke is evident. The vapor ideally contains virtually zero particulate matter or tar, and significantly lower concentrations of noxious gases such as carbon monoxide. The vapor is then inhaled directly through a hose or pipe for highest activity, or stored for subsequent inhalations in a container such as a bag or jar. With little to no smoke produced, cooler temperatures, and less material required to achieve a given level of effect, the irritating/harmful effects of smoking are greatly reduced or eliminated,[1][2][3][4][5] along with second hand smoke, by using a vaporizer. This makes vaporizers useful in places where there are public bans on smoking and under circumstances in which a more medically justifiable delivery medium is preferred.

Go to the Link To Read The Rest,

Thanks Lacey!

search terms don't mean anything. He can code e-cig or e-cigarette in the meta data at the top of the page and google or yahoo will still pull those search terms but on the actual page it could say personal vaporizer.

That might have been true in 1999. You want Page Title, H1 and the keywords in the body of the text plus inbound links that use the keyword term and that's just to start. Now, if Steve's traffic is enough at present then he can do as he pleases as there is only so much demand that he can supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread