Personalized cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I'm thinking about doing that. Any ideas on what kind of paint to use? (drunk post!!!)

I would just use spray paint and make sure I taped off all the cracks and such. If you do, post your results! I might wanna paint my pcc! Just remember light coats and let it dry... that and put a coat of clear to seal it up so you dont have to paint again. I'm not too sure how you'd go about prepping it though...

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
Considering the case material, I'd be inclined to surface prep, then use something like Testers Model Paint.

If you are going to spray paint, use something like American [brand I'm familiar with] Plastic Spray Enamel or I believe Krylon has a plastic spray enamel too that's supposed to be pretty good.

I'd probably seal with a clear coat. Again, American has a kick-.... plastic spray seal to finish their plastic enamel with.

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
acrylic will work fine, if you seal it, and let it dry between coats--if you want to paint with a brush rather than spray it. and i haven't found much krylon or rustoleum (which has some nice hammered-metal-look sprays and other cool textures) won't stick to without a sealant. there are some very nice glass-finish thick acrylic sealers now that'll get it done very prettily. i believe the hinge is a fairly simple construction, i don't have mine right here, but i think you can slide the pin out and separate the top and bottom if you want to get full coverage without taping over the hinge and having it stay silver. your other option would be to tape the silver all the way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread