FDA Personally unworried about the regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
I just do not see it having the massively negative impact everyone fears. Big tobacco at this point is all too heavily invested in E-cigs, there are way to many large corporations (you know, the people running this country) that are invested in this marketplace for these regulations to actually start tearing down or destroying the ecig market. They are going to wind up with some regulation, how can you expect them not to be? I am by no means a governmental advocate, or in support of any of this (barring the regulations that might help clean up the POS products, and harmful liquids that sneak there way over here) But come on, all the doom and gloom for what I personally feel is no reason.

bm2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
If you aren't worried then you aren't keeping up with the amount of legislation being introduced all over the country. They've slowly banned them from many public places. They're working on making it illegal for everyone without an FDA certification to make juice. They're trying to make each and every mod pass their FDA safety scams.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
shhh3_monkeys-see-hear-speak-no-evil.gif

If you're happy with cigalike batteries most likely disposable only, pre-filled cartridges only and in tobacco flavors only, then nothing to worry about. Oh, and a future of additives to your juice designed to turn you into an addict as has been done by BT already, then skip down the yellow brick road whistling a happy tune.

Last edited:

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
You have missed my point thus far entirely. I am worried about prices etc, I do not honestly think we will see an across the board ban on our mods, our tanks, and our flavors. They are deeming proposals and initiating legislation however if these things really had a massive chance at passing somehow I find it hard to believe companies like lorrilard among others would be willing to invest so heavily into producing these exact same products. As for mods passing FDA guidelines and etc, does the vaping community really not support some measure of quality control or guidelines on devices we use daily. I personally would not mind some of the low quality market dieng off so to speak. In regards to pricing, its going to take some fairly hefty increases of pricing and taxes for the price of e-liquids to really concern me given the amount of use that comes from them. We already have no issue as vapers paying upwards of 15$ for a little bottle of juice, despite there being a multitude of cheaper options. So while I do not like the idea of strictly having tobacco and menthol as options, I just do not see it happening.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
View attachment 360440

If you're happy with cigalike batteries most likely disposable only, pre-filled cartridges only and in tobacco flavors only, then nothing to worry about. Oh, and a future of additives to your juice designed to turn you into an addict as has been done by BT already, then skip down the yellow brick road whistling a happy tune.

absolutely :thumb:

I think it is unlikely that tobacco would be the only flavor choice, I believe BT already produces several flavors but with the deeming regulations in place there would be no impetus for them to spend money getting FDA approval for the wide variety we all currently enjoy

Mostly tobacco and menthol. Yum.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just do not see it having the massively negative impact everyone fears. Big tobacco at this point is all too heavily invested in E-cigs, there are way to many large corporations (you know, the people running this country) that are invested in this marketplace for these regulations to actually start tearing down or destroying the ecig market. They are going to wind up with some regulation, how can you expect them not to be? I am by no means a governmental advocate, or in support of any of this (barring the regulations that might help clean up the POS products, and harmful liquids that sneak there way over here) But come on, all the doom and gloom for what I personally feel is no reason.

Honestly my fellow dragon, I am not too worried about the deeming regulations myself. The reason is because I and many of my brethren here have done everything we can to fight these regulations thus far, and there is a certain point at which you just can't do any more than that. I don't worry because I replace my worry with action. Then, instead of worry, I have hope.

I do hope that your lack of worry has not stopped you from submitting a comment to the FDA ;) never forget, in any situation you still have a voice.

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
Honestly my fellow dragon, I am not too worried about the deeming regulations myself. The reason is because I and many of my brethren here have done everything we can to fight these regulations thus far, and there is a certain point at which you just can't do any more than that. I don't worry because I replace my worry with action. Then, instead of worry, I have hope.

I do hope that your lack of worry has not stopped you from submitting a comment to the FDA ;) never forget, in any situation you still have a voice.

Oh I and the company I work for (and the staff) and all my friends have participated and kept active. Don't confuse my lack of worry with lack of action lol, I just dont feel our vaping is legitimatly under imminent threat.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I just dont feel our vaping is legitimatly under imminent threat.
I just don't understand how you could follow what has been going on for years now and NOT feel it is under threat.
Mitch Zeller basically said that they were going to come after flavors once these regulations are in place.

You talk about Big Tobacco investing in these products as proof that they aren't going anywhere.
Did you ever consider Big Tobacco may be investing because they expect a market where only tamper-proof prefilled cigalikes are allowed?

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I just don't understand how you could follow what has been going on for years now and NOT feel it is under threat.
Mitch Zeller basically said that they were going to come after flavors once these regulations are in place.

You talk about Big Tobacco investing in these products as proof that they aren't going anywhere.
Did you ever consider Big Tobacco may be investing because they expect a market where only tamper-proof prefilled cigalikes are allowed?

...And a market that only BT & BV will survive, because the thousands of mom & pop shops won't be able to afford the ~$330,000 per item fees to submit applications to the FDA?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You have missed my point thus far entirely. I am worried about prices etc, I do not honestly think we will see an across the board ban on our mods, our tanks, and our flavors. They are deeming proposals and initiating legislation however if these things really had a massive chance at passing somehow I find it hard to believe companies like lorrilard among others would be willing to invest so heavily into producing these exact same products. As for mods passing FDA guidelines and etc, does the vaping community really not support some measure of quality control or guidelines on devices we use daily. I personally would not mind some of the low quality market dieng off so to speak. In regards to pricing, its going to take some fairly hefty increases of pricing and taxes for the price of e-liquids to really concern me given the amount of use that comes from them. We already have no issue as vapers paying upwards of 15$ for a little bottle of juice, despite there being a multitude of cheaper options. So while I do not like the idea of strictly having tobacco and menthol as options, I just do not see it happening.

So what are You Advocating?

That People Shouldn't be writing their State/Federal Reps. That Comments to the FDA are Not Necessary? That we should all just Relax, Kick Back and have a Beer, and Not Worry about Things?

Well Sorry Friend. You can Count me Out.

I remember people saying that the Regs would Never Come to the UK. Or that a Country like Canada or Australia could Never Bans e-Liquids across their Boards. Same arguments were used Then as what you are saying in this Thread Now.

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
...And a market that only BT & BV will survive, because the thousands of mom & pop shops won't be able to afford the ~$330,000 per item fees to submit applications to the FDA?

That's exactly it. The current deeming regulations we are fighting against will not limit our choices. It will eliminate them.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's exactly it. The current deeming regulations we are fighting against will not limit our choices. It will eliminate them.

Why do I get the Feeling that when people Diane F or Boxer or Harkin read something like this, that they Smile that Plastic Smile they are Famous for?

bm2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
I don't know about you guys but I've really enjoyed being able to buy juices from 1000 different vendors and try hundreds of different mods. Even if Big Tobacco is investing in e-cigs, they're making terrible cig-a-like batteries.

Even if they don't make e-cigs illegal to possess, they're already illegal to use in many public places. In New Jersey, they're going to vote on a bill which allows the police to fine people for smoking their e-cig in public places like parks. E-cigs are being treated like cigarettes and its very possible that they will eventually be taxed the same way tobacco is. Who wants to go to the gas station and buy a 15 mL bottle of Marlboro's e-juice for $30?

Legislation is going to become increasingly aggressive as the e-cig market grows. The vape industry is experiencing exponential growth and if you think the FDA isn't going to find a way to make some money off of it, you're delusional.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...

I'm not worried one bit. I really think some of the fear mongering is being driven by unscrupulous vendors. At the end of the day, warning labels, a list of ingredients and child safety caps will be it. Maybe some tax at the state level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread