• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pet Insurance Yea or Nay

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
I know we sure wish we had it. One cat is diabetic and the other has kidney issues. It gets so very expensive to care for them. I am ashamed to say that for the first time in my life I feel my pets are not getting the care they should have as I just can't afford it. Not even the regular blood work they should have. Of course it would help if they didn't charge so damn much but they know many pets are like family.

I personally would urge everyone to get it if they can. Of course make sure you know what it will cover. Not just catastrophic but any kind of regular care.

You know your a redneck when you think a dog collar is pet insurance.By all means if its workable in the budget ,why not.

I couldn't possibly agree more.

The first 4 months of this year were the most heartbreaking, soul-crushing and misery-filled days I have ever had with regards to being a pet parent. At least some of that misery could have been avoided if we had pet insurance during that time.

If you find you can't fit it into your budget, then start up a savings account specifically for your pet's care. Throw whatever you can into it.

When your furkid or featherkid is looking at you with the "help me" eyes, money is the last thing you want to worry about.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've got 8 cats 6 Maine Coons & 2 moggies.

I've gone for pet insurance in the past but ended up cancelling it, mainly due to how much it goes up each year as your pets get older & how they find any way possible of wriggling out about paying up. Oh & not forgetting how much they increase the excess every year.

So instead, my cats have their own savings account & every month I top it up & so far ( touch wood,) it's covered all vets fees - even emergency ones.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
((((KPKicker))) I'm so sorry if it looked like I was ignoring your post, my internet connection dropped. Also so sorry very sorry to hear you have been through so much heartbreak :(

And I couldn't agree more with "When your furkid or featherkid is looking at you with the "help me" eyes, money is the last thing you want to worry about"

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
My last, but first dog cost me thousands for surgeries throughout his life. I always said if I got another dog (avatar pic) I would purchase the insurance. So when I got my new dog I purchased the dog insurance for emergencies only. I have used it twice so far and they seem to reimburse you for about 50-75% of the bill.

((((KPKicker))) I'm so sorry if it looked like I was ignoring your post, my internet connection dropped. Also so sorry very sorry to hear you have been through so much heartbreak :(

And I couldn't agree more with "When your furkid or featherkid is looking at you with the "help me" eyes, money is the last thing you want to worry about"

Oh, no problem at all Chrissie. :D

And thank you for the kind words :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread