Petition for: Exclude e-cigarettes from proposed bill AB 1500 (which would ban online sales of e-cigarettes in California)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalMaster75

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Toluca Lake, CA
No offense, but I don't like this petition. They shouldn't be trying to ban the shipment of any of the things they are trying to restrict with that bill; the whole thing should just go!

I have to agree with gheebee: the whole bill should be dismissed.
The tobacco shipments (pipe tobacco, cigars, etc) from out-of-state are already subject to excise taxes. And online purchase options have been narrowing drastically in the past three or four years.

With that said, I've added my name to the petition. We're running out of options.

gheebee

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2011
North America
If ghheebee truly wanted Dickinson's bill to "just go", he/she would sign the petition and urge other vapers to do so as well (instead of criticizing the petition).

I don't know... I think if I sign something entitled "California Assembly member Roger Dickinson: Exclude e-cigarettes from proposed bill AB 1500" then it would look like I either endorse or don't care about imposing the restrictions on the other products that the bill seeks to include. Additionally, I do not want to see laws enacted that could potentially call for me to turn more info over to a vendor for them to verify my age and the petition suggests this. I can agree that having the bill pass with an exemption for e-cigarettes would be better than it just passing in it's current form but I am equally opposed to restricting the shipment of both products that I use and products that I do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread