Halfway to Paradise, WA

water-spout-and-rainbow.jpg

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I saw a post on Facebook asking why, if Zuckerberg gets to testify to Congress and have a hand in shaping regulations, why can’t the vapor industry have a seat at the table and help shape regulations. They don’t see a vapor industry, they see the tobacco industry, and they already got to write the regulations back in 1996.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

article-0-0F4C9D9300000578-208_472x472.jpg

Thank you, @Elodie ! :)

I saw a post on Facebook asking why, if Zuckerberg gets to testify to Congress and have a hand in shaping regulations, why can’t the vapor industry have a seat at the table and help shape regulations. They don’t see a vapor industry, they see the tobacco industry, and they already got to write the regulations back in 1996.

A segment of the vaping industry does have a seat at the table. They are collectively called BT and BP.

"Our" vaping industry has no say because they aren't sending oodles in campaign contributions or zillions on propaganda like Still Blowing Smoke. Do you know the kids they used in those ridiculous ads were paid actors? Goog it.

Zuckerberg never ever impressed me (rather the opposite), and I still refuse to join FB for a reason, but he apparently still has clout. Honesty has nothing to do with vaping policy in the US, money does. Vaping is no longer a left or right thing, it's "for the children," stupid.

Companies like ProVape cut and ran at the first sign of trouble. Sure, they put a link up to this petition but in the end, they still ran. Is anybody (company-wise) standing up to all the bull poop these days? For every positive story I see about vaping there has to 3-5 negative stories, if not more. And the negatives have more endurance in the news cycles. Even the revelations about Gluntz's despicable doings didn't garner much press. US companies needed to pool their efforts but, as far as I know (and I've been pretty much out of the loop lately), they never really have.

Governments can suck more tax dollars out of a kid that tries smoking than they can out of a kid that gets all rebellious and tries vaping, gets bored and simply quits without withdrawals. Take away the addictive qualities and poof, you can't suck mucho taxes out of them for decades like smokers.

Vaping doesn't spend endless pots of gold on lobbyists. Even if they did, it wouldn't come close to matching the deep pockets of BT and BP.

Vaperers and vaping companies are primarily honest, sincere people. BT primarily, and BP to a lesser degree, are literally merciless trained assassins who have billions and billions of dollars to lose if they can't manage to get the next generation of kids hooked on cigarettes and who eventually need severe, expensive medical tests and treatments as a consequence.

Politicians these days are not terribly bright, rely too heavily on interns to do their research, and worry much more about what they can do to be popular than to try to lead by doing what is right. I suppose all it takes these days to find out how they are doing is to send a tweet and see how many "likes" they get. But I still suspect that the research that is done for them is done by popular results, not an in depth perusing of scientific evidence.

We're screwed, but that doesn't mean we should give up. We've even had some megar news lately. Who knew coils weren't made from tobacco products? Seriously, who?

Somehow, some way, someday, the truth will come out. This whole fight would never have come to be if we weren't winning in the first place. We quit stinkies via vaping and many of us through the help we received here on ECF.

Vapers have fought back and changed the industry when something was found to be unsafe, diacetyl for instance. Dangerous batteries, we send the word out while others here break down the science. Vendors lie to us, they turn to toast overnight. Us geezers to millennials, have changed the face of vaping. Want to know the history of the box mod, go back in the past here looking for Altoids boxes. Filter material? Go look for tea bags and blue fish filters.

The other stuff industry has far better, more influential representation than we do. The taxes they agreed to pay ought to tell you something. Deaths are mounting from that endeavor, as are the tax revenues, not many politicians seem to have a problem with it. Finally found a safe, reliable way to quit smoking, guess why they are trying to take it away from you.

(To make clear, I'm not so much against other stuff, especially for medical use, I'm against illegal growers, the destruction they cause, etc. before the police ever show up. If you don't believe me, I have a video for you of my county.)

I'll leave it at that. For now. But only because it's 3:21 am. :cry:

Last edited:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

5fd797a1-b1e8-4cb5-a355-6e16dc85a454.jpg

Was trying to find a psychedelic bird and found ^^^ :lol: David, that's a snazzy bird, never have seen one like that before, that I recall.

Had some issues with "bad gateway" yesterday, but earlier. Probably the FuDA looking for jewels...

but...

Guess people were still having the problem early today. Searching for "jewels" is a top priority, before they kill 700 people. FDA re-examines safety of new Parkinson's drug  - CNN

Users who are viewing this thread