FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

animal-dogandchicken.jpg

Beauty and the beast? :lol: :wub:

So where did DC2 go? And where's Lessifer, anyway? Have we lost him, too?

Pretty much but the beast turns into a wombat eventually. :lol:

Didn't realize DC2 was doing a drive-by. :( Lessifer's just been AWOL. May be time to call him again.

Looks like what came next was a flipper to his face. :lol:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
:D

If/when you do call him, give him my regards, please.

The beast will eventually grow into into a wombat. How can you not love a wombat?
a41dc4b0cd6211faba8710acbc1cefc6.jpg

:lol:

I think it's DavidOck's turn to to call Lessifer this time so tell him. ;) :D I do wish he was here more as he had a lot of insightful things to say about the legislative, media and FDA sections. @DC2, @Rossum, @zoiDman and a number of others had some powerful debates that were fascinating to follow. Rossum and zoidMan still do. Anyway, I'd love to see those sections and their debates come a little more back to life.

There were some really good old days on here. Remember when when you, me and Ocey got buried under five pages of Chinese spam when we hijacked some noobs thread? :lol: Good old days. :party:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Rossum and zoidMan still do.

They do and I try to keep up, but the forum seems much quieter nowadays. Oliver is also MIA, most of the time. I just found a thread about another sister site with deals and contests? What's that all about. First vaping.com, and now this? Read this! - New ECF Sister Site - Metavaper (can I get your help?)

I liked it much better when everything was in one place--advocacy, e-cig info, vendors and deals... I think most of the action in on FB nowadays.
Remember when when you, me and Ocey got buried under five pages of Chinese spam when we hijacked some noobs thread? :lol: Good old days. :party:
:lol: I do remember it well.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
unlikely-animals-sleeping-together-posted-at-awesomelycute.com-23.jpg

They do and I try to keep up, but the forum seems much quieter nowadays. Oliver is also MIA, most of the time. I just found a thread about another sister site with deals and contests? What's that all about. First Vaping.com, and now this? Read this! - New ECF Sister Site - Metavaper (can I get your help?)

I liked it much better when everything was in one place--advocacy, e-cig info, vendors and deals... I think most of the action in on FB nowadays.

:lol: I do remember it well.

When I joined, people were posting so fast it was hard to keep up, even in just some threads. Now it can be a while before somebody posts something anywhere here. :(

I don't care to have to bounce from site to site. In fact, I don't unless someone points out something to read.

I know Oliver is busy but between him being gone, what's happened to the classifieds and all the glitches on the site, plus lack of moderation, it's kinda becoming a bit of a wasteland. Well, at least compared to what it used to be. We were also supposed to have that big ECF anniversary wingding that never happened. There was no annual survey. It's pretty sad. I assume Oliver is still out campaigning for vaping so more power to him.

5439562616_e07bb53fb9_b.jpg

Metavapor has been struggling for months, due to Oliver being MIA?

Uh, don't have contact info for Les, so back in your court, FT ;)

You have it now. :D

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
When I joined, people were posting so fast it was hard to keep up, even in just some threads. Now it can be a while before somebody posts something anywhere here. :(

We were cross posting all the time. I'm not a very fast typist and I always felt like I couldn't keep up. Now I can walk away from the computer, run some errands, and come back to two new posts in my watched threads. And the numbers went down from ~800 members online at any given time to ~43. :(
I know Oliver is busy but between him being gone, what's happened to the classifieds and all the glitches on the site, plus lack of moderation, it's kinda becoming a bit of a wasteland.

Very true. J0ker hasn't been seen since last May. And with our Robin gone... And where's Sonic? He was one of my favorite mods. Oh well. It's my forum, always has been. Still plenty of newbs who need help--except that I don't know what they are talking about half the time. :facepalm: I used to help out in Ask the Vets... Remember ask the vets?

ETA: As for lack of moderation, except for the classies, of course, that's not such a bad thing. ;) Rank and file are behaving and I've seen no major dramas anywhere. I do remember periods of overzealous moderation and I don't miss that at all. :lol: But, again, we're not allowed to discuss it here. :angel:

Last edited:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

43d6ee077e12c01d58229bb93e82bdf7.jpg

We were cross posting all the time. I'm not a very fast typist and I always felt like I couldn't keep up. Now I can walk away from the computer, run some errands, and come back to two new posts in my watched threads. And the numbers went down from ~800 members online at any given time to ~43. :(

Very true. J0ker hasn't been seen since last May. And with our Robin gone... And where's Sonic? He was one of my favorite mods. Oh well. It's my forum, always has been. Still plenty of newbs who need help--except that I don't know what they are talking about half the time. :facepalm: I used to help out in Ask the Vets... Remember ask the vets?

ETA: As for lack of moderation, except for the classies, of course, that's not such a bad thing. ;) Rank and file are behaving and I've seen no major dramas anywhere. I do remember periods of overzealous moderation and I don't miss that at all. :lol: But, again, we're not allowed to discuss it here. :angel:

I haven't seen Retired in a while either.I know his wife was sick, hope all is okay with them.

There was a flurry of activity when it looked like deeming was going to kill everything but when it didn't, things slacked off a lot. Guess everybody will come back next big scare.

I miss the old Provari/REO wars. :lol: Now I don't even hear about Reos anymore. Anybody know if they're still making them?

There where a couple of bad violations on drug talk and several cases of noobs posting dubious links. Other than that, not that I get around much, people do seem to be getting along quite well. No complaints there.

An no, I have no idea what the new members are talking about. :lol:

koaladoublesleep.jpg

The two on the left are hilarious! :lol: One looks like it's hanging itself and the other looks like he had a very long night at a bar. I wish I slept as well at they are.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

Bumped into your friends on Bored Panda.

unusual-animal-friendship-13-1.jpg

unusual-animal-friendship-13-5.jpg

unusual-animal-friendship-13-3.jpg

Suryia and Roscoe live together at a rare and endangered species reserve in the U.S. While orangutans are endangered, dogs are certainly less so. However, Roscoe has lived with her ever since he followed Suryia and her handlers home. It didn’t look like he had any other home to go to, so he stayed with Suryia, and they’ve been great friends ever since.

:wub:

Users who are viewing this thread