PG and VG ratio for strong aroma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusher

Aug 15, 2019
Hello! I am a new vaper and do not understand the contribution between PG and VG.
I recently bought this aroma (Perfumers Apprentice - DK Tobacco Base Flavor **) and I don't know how to combine it with PG and VG to have a very strong aroma,
i want to feel this aroma very strongly but I do not know how to combine the aroma with PG and VG for this result. I see in some liquids the ratio of 70PG / 30VG, to some 80PG / 20VG, to some 80VG / 20PG.. I understand that PG is for flavor and VG for thick clouds and I'm thinking of using 85PG and 15VG but I don't know what will come out.
How do you recommend mixing PG with VG for a very strong aroma?

(!)I want to get 100ml of liquid + 15ml of nicotine. I use the eleaf Lyche atomizer with a resistance of 0.26ohm at 46W usually.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart! A good day!

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
This is a good example of the wacky preconceived notions that newbies often bring. You choose the ratio for the viscosity that works best with your atomizer, and to a lesser extent for the vapor production. More VG means a more viscous juice and more visible vapor. ETA: More PG means stronger throat hit, which can become excessive at higher wattages. Flavor is largely unaffected by your choice of ratio, although high-VG can cause some muting.

Eleaf's Lyche manual does not specify a preferred ratio, so you can assume it works well with the standard ratios of 50/50 and 30pg/70vg. DK Tobacco is apparently used from 2%-5%.

So a sample recipe would be something like this:
Ingredient mL
Nicotine base [100mg in PG] 15.00
DK Tobacco (TFA) [5% in PG] 5.00
VG 68.95
PG 11.05
Result: 100mL of 15mg 30pg/70vg tobacco e.liquid that produces good vapor and isn't too thin, which should vape well at 45W.

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I'd say start your flavoring at 4%. Since you sub ohm at high watts, you might consider making your juice VG dominate. High PG might irritate your throat and lungs, that's just a guess. I usually mix 65/35vg, but I also vape at 8.5 watts.

Do you have other tobacco aromas?

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I want to get 100ml of liquid + 15ml of nicotine.
    I think you mean 15mg/ml nicotine. Everyone has different VG/PG ratios they like, and this has very little to do with flavor. I like 70VG/30PG or 65VG/35PG. Some people like 50VG/50PG... too thin for me and that much PG bothers my throat (some people are more sensitive to it) Mixing your own juic (it's called DIY do it yourself) is tricky. Mostly getting the nicotine strength correct. Using flavors is all about what percentage (you will need a way to measure ingredients) and once again... everyone has different opinions about how much flavor. I like strong flavors, but not for tobacco flavors... that can easily overpower things. First thing you need to figure out (as someone mentioned) is your VG/PG ratio that you like (and your device likes) All this talk about pods like 50/50 and it has to "salts" is BS so ignore marketing. I really think you need to try some more pre-made juices first so... here's a deal too good to be true! Go to VapeWild, look for the first time order sample pack deal. $4.44 for four 30ml botlles (you choose VG/PG ratio, nic strength and flavors) Free shipping too! I got 65VG/35PG at 12 mg nicotine. This is a mid range ratio and decent nic level. After trying these, you will have a better idea of what you want/need.

Reactions: T0mmy1977
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread