Status
Not open for further replies.

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
Was watching a show on discovery or was it TLC(?) about the bush pilots in Alaska and the narrator said they use propylene glycol (PG)to deice the planes? Is this true? Anyone know anything about this? I am sure there is someone out there a lot more educated about this than I. It just stopped me in my tracks when I heard that. Not sure why but it did. I know many things have dual purpose uses but that one kinda freeked me out.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
It's comforting knowing that my PV won't ice up! What? Oh, Florida West Coast... glad ya asked.
hammock.gif

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Ive used a cup of hot water to de-ice my windshield a few times :2cool:

I wouldn't do that up here in Colorado and certainly not if I were in Alaska. It'll crack your windshield! LOL!

The deicer I use in the winter has PG in it and it works like a charm. Hhhmmmm...maybe I should start making my own deicer since I DIY my nicquid.
sign0184.gif

marcellus7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2011
Alabama
I wouldn't do that up here in Colorado and certainly not if I were in Alaska. It'll crack your windshield! LOL!

The deicer I use in the winter has PG in it and it works like a charm. Hhhmmmm...maybe I should start making my own deicer since I DIY my nicquid.
sign0184.gif

mmmm Caramel Vanilla De-Icer sounds great, lol

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
PG is also used in soap, lotions, drink mixes (mio), and 100s of other household consumer products.

It is used for fog machines, cigar humidors, some hospital ventilation systems, and e cigs.

It is used in so many things because it has been proven to be generally safe for human contact and ingestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread