PG/VG Mix in SI Liquid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatRobEats

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2012
Somewhere over the rainbow
I tried looking around on the SI website for this info but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know what percentage PG and what percentage VG are in the SI juices? I did find the below in the FAQ on Smokeless Image. Does this mean that the juices are 100% PG?

[h=2]What's in the Vapor I inhale?[/h]
The majority of the vapor or mist that is inhaled while smoking is a water based solution consisting of nicotine in the level you choose (0mg -24mg), and Propylene Glycol and flavor additives. If you choose Zero nicotine the cartridge holds simply water, Propylene Glycol and flavor additives. Propylene Glycol is a common additive (also used in toothpaste, mouthwash, moisturizer and many other common products). Compare this to the thousands of chemicals found in tobacco cigarettes.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
I tried looking around on the SI website for this info but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know what percentage PG and what percentage VG are in the SI juices? I did find the below in the FAQ on Smokeless Image. Does this mean that the juices are 100% PG?

[h=2]What's in the Vapor I inhale?[/h]
The majority of the vapor or mist that is inhaled while smoking is a water based solution consisting of nicotine in the level you choose (0mg -24mg), and Propylene Glycol and flavor additives. If you choose Zero nicotine the cartridge holds simply water, Propylene Glycol and flavor additives. Propylene Glycol is a common additive (also used in toothpaste, mouthwash, moisturizer and many other common products). Compare this to the thousands of chemicals found in tobacco cigarettes.

It is virtually all PG with some VG added for flavor. :)

mattkohl71

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Iowa
She has said before it is considered 100% PG. Some have a little VG added for the flavoring. None will be 80/20, maybe more like 95/5 or less

edit: found one of the posts

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...80174-ill-have-my-volt-today.html#post5620081

Thank you then! I definitely remember the e-mail, so it's good to know I was given the wrong information! (Should've saved it damnit!).

So this changes my perspective on juices quite a bit... If they're that heavily PG juices, then I won't need much more VG than 30% or so.

I just recently got 50/50 mixes, and the flavors are very muted and it seems like the little 3.6 volts we use don't really do much...

Once again, thanks for the clarification!

WhatRobEats

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2012
Somewhere over the rainbow

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Thank you then! I definitely remember the e-mail, so it's good to know I was given the wrong information! (Should've saved it damnit!).

So this changes my perspective on juices quite a bit... If they're that heavily PG juices, then I won't need much more VG than 30% or so.

I just recently got 50/50 mixes, and the flavors are very muted and it seems like the little 3.6 volts we use don't really do much...

Once again, thanks for the clarification!
80PG/20VG seems to be working really well for me. Lots of flavor and no harshness. My cartos seem to like it too.

DedTV

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Arkansas
SI stuff produces great vapor without needing much VG. I think they have a wizard on staff or something. :p

I use 100% VG in one of my DIY recipes (TFA watermelon with a touch of TFA Mary Jane [Tastes nothing like the marketing term. Just adds a nice kick. Weird mix, but I love it]) and it makes massive clouds of white vapor.
My wife gets really annoyed when I vape it while we're watching TV. :vapor:

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
...So this changes my perspective on juices quite a bit... If they're that heavily PG juices, then I won't need much more VG than 30% or so.

I agree, I was also told it was 80/20 when I e-mailed SI CS, either way the juice does have good Vapor & Flavor, some I like more than others but only one I totally disliked.

I thought of trying the 50/50 and after seeing how poorly it worked for you, I'll be sticking with the 80/20.

80PG/20VG seems to be working really well for me. Lots of flavor and no harshness. My cartos seem to like it too.

I love these SI Cartos, they really let the flavor come through without any fiber taste in the background and I get tons of Vapor from them, they even perform well on the bigger X2 batteries. I've reloaded several changing flavors, and with the exception of the Mint Carto, I only pickup the new Flavor that's loaded.

mattkohl71

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Iowa
I agree, I was also told it was 80/20 when I e-mailed SI CS, either way the juice does have good Vapor & Flavor, some I like more than others but only one I totally disliked.

I thought of trying the 50/50 and after seeing how poorly it worked for you, I'll be sticking with the 80/20.

Backwoods Brew uses 70/30 mixes, and those work amazing after the juices steep for a couple weeks.

I'm going to order some of the same flavors in a 75/25 mix from The Vapor Room and see how it goes! I mean you can definitely taste something, but I think it needs less VG and MAYBE a flavor shot (For the fruit flavors, at least). The tobacco flavors actually have a fairly strong taste at 50/50, but still I'd think it'd be better in a 75/25 mix!

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Backwoods Brew uses 70/30 mixes, and those work amazing after the juices steep for a couple weeks.

I'm going to order some of the same flavors in a 75/25 mix from The Vapor Room and see how it goes! I mean you can definitely taste something, but I think it needs less VG and MAYBE a flavor shot (For the fruit flavors, at least). The tobacco flavors actually have a fairly strong taste at 50/50, but still I'd think it'd be better in a 75/25 mix!

Thanks, I looked through so many e-liquid sites and remembered seeing one or two that offered 70/30 mixes, but couldn't remember which one it was. Right now I have ~10ozs of e-liquid, 6 from SI, so I'm set for ~5-6 months so I'll bookmark BWB & the Vapor room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread