pg VS vg

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguinfan

Jan 25, 2013
Waldorf, MD
Does one of these (VG/PG) have a taste that is stronger?....sort of takes over regardless of the flavor? I joined flavor of the month with madvapes(only 3 months) and the first one I tried taste too much like south beach which I unfortunately bought before I knew anything about this stuff.(I pretty much hate SBS)....I am thinking it is the PG because when I used johnson creek an all VG juice...unless I didn't love the flavor I choose it was pretty decent...the 50/50 mixes are too bad but I think I just don't like juices with more PG than VG very much. I can always mix em with other juices....because if the rest taste anything like the first one I wont like any of 'em.

Also can you recommend a good menthol flavor? Was talking to a gentleman at a bar and he was interested in making a switch...I was going to recommend something similar to what I have except he seemed to like the pass through idea when I mentioned it....Also I don't think hes interested in as much as a variety of flavors....I have used 2.8 omh with the pass through and it works fine.

I also will tell him about this forum as I am still a bit of a newbie...I vhave the basics down and for now I am sticking with the spinner with vivi nova tanks set ups with an extra metal tank for any juice that could cause issues with the plastic ones

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Higher VG you have a smoother vape but some say it mutes flavors a bit. Higher PG, more flavor and more TH but some say it's harsh.

There's no real best, it's what you prefer. All PG can be quite thin and all VG can be thick. Lots of e-liquid suppliers let you select the PG/VG ratio. Experiment and order small bottles of the same flavor in different ratios and see which you like best.

Spinner and a nova is a great setup!

mommyofdoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Orlando, Florida
I think PG has a bit of bite to it, it makes flavors "pop" more... If that makes sense.

I prefer at least 50%VG mixes because I feel a little more dehydrated with full PG.

I think the full/high VG mixes taste better, I like the smoothness of flavor. I've read many other people's negative opinions about VG washing out flavor, but that's kinda what I like about it.

Edit: wanted to add that the vapor from VG is so nice and thick compared to PG, too. I love plumes of vapor!!

Last edited:

Chimps McGhee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Kansas City, KS
Is there a list of potential side effects of pg? I started with 50/50 blends and yesterday I bought some 80/20 pg/vg juice. Both yesterday and today I have noticed a "tightness" in my lungs while using the new juice that goes away when I switch back to the 50/50 juices. Should I be looking into 100% vg juices?

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Personally I enjoy higher VG juices. I feel like the VG gives the vapor more body, and has sort of a natural 'roundness' or 'sweetness' to it that I enjoy. PG on the other hand dehydrates me, leaves my throat sore, and overall just reacts funny to me. Some people really enjoy PG, but I personally can't stand the stuff in ratios higher than 50/50, with my sweet spot being 80/20 in favor of VG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread