Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Mine shipped today.Hopefully will be here in a couple of weeks.The pics of the inside look pretty good.This one might work good out of the box without having to modify anything.
I agree.The 510 looks better than what came in the Icarus,due to having the thicker sleeve for the contact,having copper contacts should be better than the who knows what most of the clone contacts are made from,and it appears to be the same bottle that came in the Icarus,which is a pretty nice bottle.I'll be ordering one Thursday when i get paid.Just a warning though,do not use their express shipping,i did on one order and it took almost 2 months to arrive vs. another order that i used the free shipping and had it in 8 days haha.

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
Since it was on sale for $14.99 I didn't get free shipping.Paid for epacket through China post.Bottle is the same as the Icarus,which is very usable.But it looks like most of the silicon bottles will fit also,so I can use the YFTK ones I bought.I bought it for the fact that it has a front squonk hole and fire button.I'm just not a fan of side squonk holes.I'm really looking forward to this one.Probably order a flave or resurrection clone rda for it next.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Since it was on sale for $14.99 I didn't get free shipping.Paid for epacket through China post.Bottle is the same as the Icarus,which is very usable.But it looks like most of the silicon bottles will fit also,so I can use the YFTK ones I bought.I bought it for the fact that it has a front squonk hole and fire button.I'm just not a fan of side squonk holes.I'm really looking forward to this one.Probably order a flave or resurrection clone rda for it next.
You should be good with epacket.The one order i did,qualified for free epacket shipping,but it was a preorder,so after that long wait,i wanted to get it as fast as possible,so i paid like $2 extra for "Express" shipping,what a joke that was haha.They use a company called S.F. Express,and from the time it shipped to the day i got was just shy of 2 months,so much for express.
I agree,i definitely like the front squonk mods,although i don't mind the side squonk either,i like them both.A silicone bottle should work well in there,i have a couple,but for me,it seems i only like them in certain mods,some they fit snug enough to firm them up a bit,and others have just enough space to let the bottle get super squishy and those are the ones i use either modmaker or Icarus bottles in,i like just a bit of firmness in my bottles.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
You should be good with epacket.The one order i did,qualified for free epacket shipping,but it was a preorder,so after that long wait,i wanted to get it as fast as possible,so i paid like $2 extra for "Express" shipping,what a joke that was haha.They use a company called S.F. Express,and from the time it shipped to the day i got was just shy of 2 months,so much for express.
I agree,i definitely like the front squonk mods,although i don't mind the side squonk either,i like them both.A silicone bottle should work well in there,i have a couple,but for me,it seems i only like them in certain mods,some they fit snug enough to firm them up a bit,and others have just enough space to let the bottle get super squishy and those are the ones i use either modmaker or Icarus bottles in,i like just a bit of firmness in my bottles.

I'm curious about the switch action, how secure the door is, and overall feel of the ABS body. Generally interested though. Good luck with it. :)

Reactions: Heartsdelight

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
Got mine today.Overall,seems to be well made.Has a little heft to it,especially with a battery installed.Spring loaded 510 and copper contacts.Positive contact is fairly stiff,doesn't have far to travel to connect with the 510,but requires some effort when you push the button.Bottle is to stiff,had to put a mod maker bottle in it.I only have the first YFTK silicone bottles that came out and they won't fit.Others are saying that the SJMY ones do fit,since they are similar in size to supersofts.The door is the problem.It's hard to remove,and with the bottle installed,it sits slightly raised up on that side.Will need to do some sanding to the back of the door on the bottle side to get it to sit flush.Battery clicks in place good with a little effort but comes out easy when you slap it against your hand,but two battery ribbons are included which you have to install yourself by placing the loop around the contact.Has a boxy feel to it since the corners aren't rounded of,but is small in size so it feels okay in the hand.It's just a hair taller and wider than the boxer clone,but the same thickness.I can't complain for the $15 I paid for it.Need slight modification to the door and a different bottle,but the contacts and 510 are good to go as is.Hope that helps anyone on the fence about ordering one.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Got mine today.Overall,seems to be well made.Has a little heft to it,especially with a battery installed.Spring loaded 510 and copper contacts.Positive contact is fairly stiff,doesn't have far to travel to connect with the 510,but requires some effort when you push the button.Bottle is to stiff,had to put a mod maker bottle in it.I only have the first YFTK silicone bottles that came out and they won't fit.Others are saying that the SJMY ones do fit,since they are similar in size to supersofts.The door is the problem.It's hard to remove,and with the bottle installed,it sits slightly raised up on that side.Will need to do some sanding to the back of the door on the bottle side to get it to sit flush.Battery clicks in place good with a little effort but comes out easy when you slap it against your hand,but two battery ribbons are included which you have to install yourself by placing the loop around the contact.Has a boxy feel to it since the corners aren't rounded of,but is small in size so it feels okay in the hand.It's just a hair taller and wider than the boxer clone,but the same thickness.I can't complain for the $15 I paid for it.Need slight modification to the door and a different bottle,but the contacts and 510 are good to go as is.Hope that helps anyone on the fence about ordering one.

Thanks for the detailed comments. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
I've been using this squonker for the last couple of days, and I will tell you it will absolutely be the last couple of days I use it. It is the worst squonker that I have ever had in my hands. As said before, stiff inconsistent button, terrible 510 that wobbles even after tightening it up, a squonk bottle that does not seal between the bottle and the cap, a door you can't get off unless you poke a screwdriver through the squonk hole to push the door off. I will keep the two battery ribbons, those are pretty nice. Do yourself a favor and poke your own eyes out before getting this mod, you will save yourself a lot of frustration.

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
Finally got around to trying this thing after messing around with it and modding the door.It will not fire!Can't figure out what the deal is.Either something wrong with the 510 or the contact is just not making a good connection.You really have to mash the button hard on this thing.I had high hopes for this one,but it's a huge fail like most of them.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I must of gotten lucky on mine.The 510 was wobbly,but tightened up the big nut at the top,no more wobble.My button was a bit rattly,but i bent the contact back a bit and solved that,then a light sand on the edges of the doors solved that part,all in maybe 10 minutes worth of work to get it where it should be.On the bottle,yes they are garbage,they feel just like the ones that come in the Frankenskull clones.At the same time i bought the mod,i also bought a Sjmy silicone bottle,it fits this mod perfectly,and sqounks like a dream,so for just over $20 and a few minutes of my time,i ended up with a nice mod.It hits just as hard as my Little Orca's that i built with copper contacts and Mod maker 510's.

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
Just got one of these yesterday. First thing I noticed was that it was really uncomfortable in the hand with the sharp square corners. I sanded the edges and corners and now it is very comfortable and looks nicer as well. I tightened the knurled nut on the 510 which was way loose. Then the magnets came out of the door, I lost two out of three and scotch taped the survivor in place. It works.

I filled the bottle and popped on a Stumpy and bang! Hits like a beast. The contacts are great, no problems with the button. The 510 is adjustable and far superior to the cheesy crap on the Frankies and Boxer clones. I had ordered a SJMY bottle but it was delayed, so I used the stock bottle. Surprisingly it works fine as is, not like the craptastic ones that came with the Frankie and Boxer. No grommets, O-rings, boiling water, etc.

Final verdict: after a minimal amount of work, my favorite mech squonker so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread