Status
Not open for further replies.

jcamacho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Corpus Christi, Texas
Wow! This is an amazing mod! I have over 30 mods in my collection and I am intrigued by this one. I honestly thought there wasn't much to this prior to me actually having one in hand. It's almost a magical feeling you get when vaping on this beauty. It's simple but complicated at the same time just the way the whole concept works. It feels very comfortable in your hand and the wood is so smooth and relaxing-like smoking on your favorite pipe but better. I vape on it in the comfort of my study and I can visualize myself vaping on it by the fireplace this winter. It's a classy vape that no metal or plastic can compare to it. You don't need that variable voltage or computerized fancy electronics with this, any atty works great. I have been vaping it with LR 306's and 510's and I'm anxious to try others with it, (an 808 keeps calling out to me for some reason). I could kick myself for not acquiring one sooner! I think this mod needs to be sold by itself, not by some vendor that handles 10 other types of mods, it's in a class by itself and deserves it's own private showroom. I haven't tried the other wood box mods but I don't feel any reason to after vaping on this. I highly recommend this mod to anyone, if you're a serious vaper, you owe it to yourself to get one of these. And that's all I have to say about that.:2cool::headbang:

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
Wow! This is an amazing mod! I have over 30 mods in my collection and I am intrigued by this one. I honestly thought there wasn't much to this prior to me actually having one in hand. It's almost a magical feeling you get when vaping on this beauty. It's simple but complicated at the same time just the way the whole concept works. It feels very comfortable in your hand and the wood is so smooth and relaxing-like smoking on your favorite pipe but better. I vape on it in the comfort of my study and I can visualize myself vaping on it by the fireplace this winter. It's a classy vape that no metal or plastic can compare to it. You don't need that variable voltage or computerized fancy electronics with this, any atty works great. I have been vaping it with LR 306's and 510's and I'm anxious to try others with it, (an 808 keeps calling out to me for some reason). I could kick myself for not acquiring one sooner! I think this mod needs to be sold by itself, not by some vendor that handles 10 other types of mods, it's in a class by itself and deserves it's own private showroom. I haven't tried the other wood box mods but I don't feel any reason to after vaping on this. I highly recommend this mod to anyone, if you're a serious vaper, you owe it to yourself to get one of these. And that's all I have to say about that.:2cool::headbang:

I currently still have the original Phidius and can't agree more with the beauty of it especially how perfectly it molds to the hand, I remember my wife saying if you that's the only mod you are going to use its time to sell your others.... (not that I would) but seriously though, I'll never part with the Phidias. It's simple yet classy like a piece of fine furniture you don't want anyone else to use. Can't wait to try the Feedimus!

Blaro

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
New York
excuse me, smells like Bull...., I was just sayin I don't buy all these testimonials.....thats all.....I have rights too ya know

People get really enthusiastic about these mods in particular for a lot of reasons- mostly because they're really beautifully made. I have absolutely no personal or business connection with Fono, besides the fact that I have already purchased one of his creations through another vendor several months ago. It was immediately my favorite pv, and I'm looking forward to adding a second to my collection.

B2....I can't wait!:toast:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
excuse me, smells like Bull...., I was just sayin I don't buy all these testimonials.....thats all.....I have rights too ya know

You most certainly do and have the right to express it. I just find it odd why you choose to comment on it. It may not be the case but it comes across as personal but it could just be my impression. I have no interest in getting one and I can see posting over the top enthusiastic testimonials as you call them cause I find myself making them in the REO thread. Sorry if I mistook your post as personal if it was not.

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
The New Old West Pahrump Nevada
its all good, maybe just a slight case of (PWI) Posting While Intoxicated... maybe in this case I should have kept my opinion to myself, I apologize if I offended anyone.

Thanks Dawolf,

No problem stuff happens, we're good.

Now where were we?

I remember...

I highly reccomend this mod. I have the original Phideas and the new Feedimus. I love and use them both. They fit in the hand the best of any box mod and I have tried many. On top of that they work perfectly and are beautiful. The craftmanship is awesome.

Fono! I just go mine today and all i can say is WOW so nice well built Mod. now to fire it up and Vape. Ill post a few photos (or links) I cant figer out how to post photos from Flicker LOL. but WOW more latter tonight..........>>>>>>>:)<<<<<<<<<<<< Thanks Fono

I currently still have the original Phidius and can't agree more with the beauty of it especially how perfectly it molds to the hand, I remember my wife saying if you that's the only mod you are going to use its time to sell your others.... (not that I would) but seriously though, I'll never part with the Phidias. It's simple yet classy like a piece of fine furniture you don't want anyone else to use. Can't wait to try the Feedimus!

People get really enthusiastic about these mods in particular for a lot of reasons- mostly because they're really beautifully made. I have absolutely no personal or business connection with Fono, besides the fact that I have already purchased one of his creations through another vendor several months ago. It was immediately my favorite pv, and I'm looking forward to adding a second to my collection.

B2....I can't wait!:toast:

DaWolf,

Please understand

I value the comments from actual users over all others--bar none!!

It's the whole point of this sale--to give an opportunity to those who have had an interest in my PV to actually get one, and maybe comment.

They get a sweet deal and I get a few user reviews.

It's the old "give to get" thing in action.

that's all, there's no wrong doing here.
----------------------------------------------------
Those comments are all just super great, they make me blush...

It's reactions like these that truly make the effort of making a Phidias my personal and distinct pleasure, so no...

Thank You!!

Best Regards
fono

I'm going to the post office at 3:00 west cost time...if you want to get into today's mail...

Last edited:

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009

I'm really sorry for leaving out your very articulate and astute comments out of my earlier post!

My inexcusable error is now corrected.

Please forgive me...

Your O' so sweet B-2 is going to the post office in just less than two hrs...

Thanks again Thomas
Enjoy
fono

Last edited:

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Three questions

#1: Would I be correct in assuming that two RCR123As could be used in lieu of the 18650?

#2: With a wood enclosure, will juice overflows around the 510 connector stain the wood pretty readily?

#3: Do you have any left?

Hi there PoliticallyIncorrect,

Yes one could use two RCR123As in lieu of the 18650.

No the wood is already fully saturated on the outside with no less than three coats of pure Tung Oil.

Fully saturated on the inside with Mineral oil, (not Mineral Spirits) but mineral oil that is sold at a pharmacy, as a digestive aid--

the same stuff you should use on your fine wood cutting boards in the kitchen.

Then the entire box is submerged in Mineral oil, then racked (just to be sure) and left to soak for a few hours...

as pictured here...

mineraloilsoak.jpg

So no, any liquid that wishes to soak in and stain is just out of luck...it's just too late for that...

I use only pure natural oil finishes and everything is then hand rubbed for an ultimate feel in the hand...

And finally, YES I have some more I'd like to get to folks at the sales price, but sadly you've missed today's mailing....

Next mail opportunity will be Monday.

Just pick your favorite and mail me at fonosmoak@embarqmail.com

we'll see what we we can do...

Regards
fono

I think i love me a youtubecommercial---so happy, you're happy, thanks

Last edited:

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Do these use cartomizers and do they come with any connection other than 510?

Most of my stash is 808. Can an adapter be used?....not sure if this is possible due to the feeder system?

Thanks....and does B1 have purple inlay?:unsure:

Hi Bones,

Yes I use 808 cartomizers from time to time and they will certainly work with an adapter...

I sort-a fancy the LR 510 cartos---but they do die to quickly sometimes--I've never had an 808 die on me...ever

The five 510 is the only connector available at this time...

The B1 unit has Bird's Eye Maple inlays on a African Wenge Chassis---one of my favorite combos...

Row D shows Babinga chassis with one purple heart inlay and one Paduak inlay---

one unit has Lace Wood end caps--I'm doing some indepth testing on that one right now--smile

This sale is limited to the 20 pieces you see page one, however

You can always check with me and tell me what custom combo you might wish to have and we'll take it from there...I'm easy

Yup you can do 808s no problem, thanks and
Best Regards Bones
fono

Edit: The B1 has Paduak inlays---with African Weng chassis and end caps---oops

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread