Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
It's too bad he didn't take the opportunity to elaborate:

"Whilst it is addictive, it is not that hard to quit. ... There are more previous smokers in America today than current smokers.... because many of them have simply switched to reduced harm, smokeless alternatives. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to tell people that switching to a smokeless alternative such as snus, orbs or strips (and e-cigs) would reduce their health risks to nearly the same as never-smokers. If we were allowed to inform smokers of this fact, there would be even more smokers who could just as easily quit smoking. Instead, we are legally required to tell smokers that smokeless products are not a safe alternative to smoking, so smokers are duped into a never-ending cycle of quitting and relapsing using ineffective pharmaceutical products or going cold turkey."

Keep in mind that quitting smoking and quitting nicotine are two different issues! It's much more important to quit smoking than it is to quit nicotine. It's only because of the lies that the antis put out that most people, including smokers, think they have to quit all tobacco/nicotine in order to eliminate the health risks of smoking. WE make quitting smoking much harder on ourselves because we've been brainwashed to believe that we must abstain from all tobacoo/nicotine in order to have "quit smoking."

(PS. not trying to give ANY credit to what he said, just pointing out the irony of what he COULD have said.)

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Myers said. "It is stunning in the face of overwhelming science for the leader of the world's largest private tobacco company to deny how difficult and addictive cigarettes are."

Even more stunning, in the face of overwhelming science, is for the leader of an organization dedicated to eliminating smoking to continue perpetuating the myth that smokeless products are not any safer. Oh wait, maybe not so stunning, considering that most of his organization's funding comes from tobacco companies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
No, no, no. Cancer cures smoking!

Actually, some studies are showing that quitting smoking may increase your risk of lung cancer!

(Former smokers make up 60% of new lung cancer cases, while smokers only make up 20.9%, so it COULD be interpreted that way, lol.)

The Lung Cancer Alliance

Go figure. :rolleyes:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Actually, some studies are showing that quitting smoking may increase your risk of lung cancer!

(Former smokers make up 60% of new lung cancer cases, while smokers only make up 20.9%, so it COULD be interpreted that way, lol.)

The Lung Cancer Alliance

Go figure. :rolleyes:

Well, snus users do not have a higher lung cancer rate. But lots of people who do the medical version of "smoking cessation" (i.e. become totally abstinent from nicotine) get sick in some way. I'm wondering if nicotine helps to somehow regulate the immune system. I know that I never had an asthma attack until I stopped smoking (nicotine) and also developed a nose running like a faucet. When I took up smoking again several months later, I was able to stop taking allergy shots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread