Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
this is what I love
"... If PMI proves successful, the new products will surely save the lives of tens of thousands of their customers...."

this is what it should have said
"... If PMI proves successful, the new products will surely STOP KILLING tens of thousands of their customers...."

That does seem to be a Somewhat Ironic Statement.

Given that Philip Morris is the one who Sells the Product that Kills the Tens of Thousands. And has No Plans to Stop Selling it anytime soon.

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
Another interesting factoid from this article that explains BGs position:

Of PMI’s $80 billion in revenue last year, $48.8 billion went to the taxing authorities. It’s as if 12 out of the 20 cigarettes in every pack are sold by some form of government.

Is there any wonder why the FDA is pushing them as a tobacco product. I still say someone needs to find another commercially viable source for nicotine.

Still think health has anything to do with the war we're in?

It would be fun to watch the pigs at the tobacco trough go nuts.

:evil::D:vapor:

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
"The first new model is an electronic device that looks like an old-fashioned cigarette holder, which heats tobacco to just below the burning point to release the nicotine and flavor of tobacco with fewer harmful combustion by-products like benzene and tar. It will hit the market in an undisclosed country sometime next year. Three more prototypes are in the works, including one that can be lit like a conventional cig."

This is nothing new..

Philip Morris (Altria) had this back in the late '90s thru mid-2000's with the Accord..

RJ Reynolds (Reynolds American) had this back in the '90s with the Eclipse..

RJ Reynolds (Reynolds American) also had this back in the late '80s with the Premier...

Nice HQ, though...

drksideken

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Syracuse, IN, USA
I will never again give a single penny to these murderous pieces of filth. They think that people are just going to roll over. I'm pretty confident they are wrong. Do these fools really believe people will trust them after all of their lies? I'd trust an e-cig made from the steel of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant before I would vape anything they made.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I will never again give a single penny to these murderous pieces of filth. They think that people are just going to roll over. I'm pretty confident they are wrong. Do these fools really believe people will trust them after all of their lies? I'd trust an e-cig made from the steel of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant before I would vape anything they made.

Wow drksideken. Don't Sugar Coat it. LOL

BTW - How do you feel about the People who let BT get away with all the Stuff they did for Decades, the FDA?

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Another interesting factoid from this article that explains BGs position:

Is there any wonder why the FDA is pushing them as a tobacco product. I still say someone needs to find another commercially viable source for nicotine.

Still think health has anything to do with the war we're in?

It would be fun to watch the pigs at the tobacco trough go nuts.

:evil::D:vapor:

There is no interest in any level of government in keeping people alive an additional 9 years or so. It's all a marketing ploy to justify the taxes that they're addicted to.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
A new twist (well, new to me... I don't read much of glANTZ stuff, but...) "Anti-tobacco activist Stanton Glantz of the University of California, San Francisco thinks the FDA should block new tobacco products until cigarette manufacturers remove traditional cigs from the market"

So... he'd be for ecigs as long as cigarettes are off the market? Interesting. He must think that they're pretty safe then... hmmm? Not poisonous? Not going to cause cancer by skin contact with furniture? No problem with second hand vapor? Ok if it leads to addiction? .... as long as it's a bridge to nowhere?

This is even better than Zeller's 'confession'. We should sign him up! :laugh:

... or at least get these obvious implications into a news article or two. Headline: "Glantz Ok with Allowing Ecigarettes on the Market!"

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
"The first new model is an electronic device that looks like an old-fashioned cigarette holder, which heats tobacco to just below the burning point to release the nicotine and flavor of tobacco with fewer harmful combustion by-products like benzene and tar. It will hit the market in an undisclosed country sometime next year. Three more prototypes are in the works, including one that can be lit like a conventional cig."

This is nothing new..

Philip Morris (Altria) had this back in the late '90s thru mid-2000's with the Accord..

RJ Reynolds (Reynolds American) had this back in the '90s with the Eclipse..

RJ Reynolds (Reynolds American) also had this back in the late '80s with the Premier...

Nice HQ, though...

I wonder if their model is also aimed at the other stuff market? Simple switch in advertising....
They may be more forward looking than we give them credit for.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
A new twist (well, new to me... I don't read much of glANTZ stuff, but...) "Anti-tobacco activist Stanton Glantz of the University of California, San Francisco thinks the FDA should block new tobacco products until cigarette manufacturers remove traditional cigs from the market"

I'm sure he Would like to See That.

And then He can Push to have e-Cigarettes Removed from the Market. And let's Throw Out Smokeless while were at it.

Glantz = No Nicotine

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well... not according to what he said there.

Don't Care what Glantz said This time.

He has got a Long History which has Not Deviated from what he Wants.

He may say he is OK with e-Cigarettes if Cigarettes were Removed from the Market. But he, like you and I, knows that is Never going to Happen. So what's the Harm in him Saying it?

When he Starts Signing His Name to Scientifically Sound Studies, and When he Publically Retracts the Skewed and Distorted Statements he has made over the Years, then Maybe I would Consider listening to something he has to Say.

But Until then, he Has No Credibility in My Mind. And I would trust Someone Like Harking before I would trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread