Oh yeah, he looks normal.

188255_1235511_HKH-188255.jpg

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Wow! Their website says they've been voted America's #1 ecig! And their starter kit (one whole battery, 5 count 'em 5 cartridges, AND a charger!) is only $89.95.

Well I'm gonna run right out and hunt me one up! How about you???!!! :laugh:

I don't get why these big companies don't go the same route as printer manufacturers, they sell you the printer at cost then shaft you with the refills, big ecig companies seem to want to shaft you on the hardware and the consumables.

Imagine if a starter set was $20 for two batteries, charger and case. They would pick up a hell of a lot of impulse buys who would then be locked in to their proprietary carts.

ut1205

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Chattanooga, Tn, USA
They will get their share of impulse buyers who will try them then go back to analogs. We, at this forum, will continue doing what we are doing. I started doing the "Roll Your Own" analogs several years ago when the cigarette taxes started to skyrocket. Even after Obama raised the taxes on bulk tobacco I was still able to RYO for about $1.15 per pack.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job vacancy: Web Illustrator, good package available for the candidate with the right qualities
Crayons supplied

banner4.jpg

Right click and select 'open image in new tab', then use CTRL and your mouse wheel to zoom the picture :laugh:
The guy on the bottom row to the right seems to have his tracheostomy tube in his left cheek :?:

No expense spared on this presentation !

Then there's this guy ... ecig crazy glued to teeth?

banner4 mod.jpg

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
LMAO 50.00 for 5 prefilled cartos. Are they insane? Is that supposed to be the same as a carton of analogs for the same price? LOL They have some work to do if they think that is going to sell very well.

The really scarey thing is that if the FDA (or some entity) makes rules the small shops can't afford to do business under, this could end up being the future.

bunker0617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
AZ
My prediction... just as Kodak didn't jump on the digital train in the right manner so will go the big tobacco companies... It's funny to me that with all the money they have and supposed intellect at a corporate level they roll out a cig a like and for this price.... They may be successful at getting the smoker off the analogs at first but I'm betting they loose their customers in the long run unless they up their game... Be revolutionary not just another cig a like on the market... Plenty of those and frankly all of us started with those types but quickly graduated to mods tanks higher end juices batteries chargers wicks coils etc...

Ps anyone own Kodak, Kmart, or Sears stock anymore? PM you think your too big to fail? Better do a little more R&D

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
My prediction... just as Kodak didn't jump on the digital train in the right manner so will go the big tobacco companies... It's funny to me that with all the money they have and supposed intellect at a corporate level they roll out a cig a like and for this price.... They may be successful at getting the smoker off the analogs at first but I'm betting they loose their customers in the long run unless they up their game... Be revolutionary not just another cig a like on the market... Plenty of those and frankly all of us started with those types but quickly graduated to mods tanks higher end juices batteries chargers wicks coils etc...

Ps anyone own Kodak, Kmart, or Sears stock anymore? PM you think your too big to fail? Better do a little more R&D

You do realize, the link provided isn't the Philip Morris product and no product review has been given of the Markten don't you?

I spoke to a particular disposable/cigalike maker about buying liquid juice. Their corporate money funded market analysis which determined the overwhelming majority of potential customers want convenience, so they have no desire to introduce a new form factor.

minigoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
USA
Their corporate money funded market analysis which determined the overwhelming majority of potential customers want convenience, so they have no desire to introduce a new form factor.

I would have said the same thing back when I was first learning about eCigs, convenience, tobacco flavor, same form, basically extending what I already knew (smoking) at the time into vaping. I would still like all that but... reality quickly squashed those ideas. Bigger batteries, additional flavors, etc, became the new normal for me at least. I could see how Marketing research could determine that based on my own experience.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
yeah, its just that putting your 100mah battery on a charger every second youre not using it isnt convenient, at least it wasnt for me...

I would have said the same thing back when I was first learning about eCigs, convenience, tobacco flavor, same form, basically extending what I already knew (smoking) at the time into vaping. I would still like all that but... reality quickly squashed those ideas. Bigger batteries, additional flavors, etc, became the new normal for me at least. I could see how Marketing research could determine that based on my own experience.

I agree with both of you but that doesn't make us the norm. The market research from the big 3 tobacco companies and the biggest ecig only brands seems to indicate we aren't in the majority of potential customers. My only point is, don't blast the big 3 for not knowing what they are doing. I'm sure they do.

I do believe, however, if people walk in to a place carrying ego and puts their carto on an ego (which is what I did) will immediately see the advantage. So the vape only shops just need to get people to walk in their store instead of the local gas station. That is part of the reason I feel vape shops should carry disposables. Bring them in the door then show a better product. If this happens enough BT will start working on innovations that the advanced user wants.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I spoke to a particular disposable/cigalike maker about buying liquid juice. Their corporate money funded market analysis which determined the overwhelming majority of potential customers want convenience, so they have no desire to introduce a new form factor.

This is what I think. I'm guessing BLU and NJOY are who BT are going after in the e-cig market, not mods or juice makers.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...

Selling mods, tanks and e-juice just isn't practical for the retailers which will carry big tobacco's e-cigs- gas stations, drug stores, Walmarts. Their goal isn't to compete with mods. I believe they want to appeal to smokers who want to smoke where they can't, or who want to cut down, so cigalikes are the ideal delivery devices for them. Their product isn't a smoking cessation device, like mods have become.

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
I saw that a few days ago Orb. It sounds like I thought. Not for those of us who want more "advanced" stuff. I don't understand why people would be willing to use technology and NOT go after something that is a better experience than smoking.

I still want to see a few more reviews, especially since that guy comes off as biased before trying. I could also do without comments like "I thought that maybe they were killing bald eagles to their nicotine".

I do find it odd the ingredients don't list flavors. PG, VG, water and nicotine? Is that really all?

From the sound of just one review, I'm guessing Altria manged to make even worse of a product than the other 2 big ones. I'll see what others say as the reviews come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread