Not open for further replies.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I found a number of threads on the subject but all were older and closed. After researching my situation, I know the Lung association has posted warnings and wanted to see if anyone else has experienced what I've been going thru.

Background for those that don't know me as I've not been active on here for a long while. Smoked 43 years, 2.5 PAD habit. Found e cigs in 2009 and immediately dropped to 6 a day for about 6 months. Found that something was missing and one of the members suggested snus and headed me to investigate something that, at the time, I was completely opposed to. Researched, asked questions and on Feb 15, 2010 had my first snus and never touched another cigarette.

Since then, I am principly a snus user but I enjoy vaping. However, I slowly moved away from vaping other than a puff or two here and there at home and a bit heavier if I were out at a bar or somewhere. I'd say I might go thru 2 or 3 ml a week, pretty light.

This year, I think with the Covid thing, I found myself vaping a lot more. I'd have three Nords filled and alternating between them and hitting them regularly. I noticed a month or so ago I started coughing a bit and it continued to get worse. Then about two weeks ago I started wheezing, particularly when I laid down to go to sleep. I felt and sounded like I did when I was smoking 11 years earlier.

Thinking about it, the only thing I could think of beside lung cancer was vaping. I decided I had my cilia clogged up from vaping so a week ago I decided to stop vaping at all (okay, I cheated two or three times for a puff or two). Today is a week off and, just as with when I stopped smoking, the wheezing is almost gone and the coughing has reduced 80-90%. I still have moments where I feel I'm clearing stuff but definitely getting much better. I definitely won't be going back to vaping until I feel good about it again and will make sure it's not a regular thing like it started to be this year. After what I did to my lungs and airways in my nearly 73 years, I'm not trying to rush things. Plus with the chance of getting Covid I don't need any additional comorbidities. I have enough already. lol

I was just curious about others that have experienced similar side effects, particularly after long term vaping.

• Love
Reactions: Ipster

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@rothenbj, that's probably some combination of the base and additives.

As VG is known to cause a heavy lung feeling and you tend to cough up a bit more gunk than normal.

And it is possible to be sensitive to the additives (flavourings & sweeteners).

The only reason that I mention that is because I myself can't vape any liquid with melon flavourings, I end up with throat irritation to a throat infection from it.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Morticai, that's what I was reading on the web. I've been using flavors from the same vendor for a number of years. It takes me months normally to go thru a 60ml bottle. I just looked it up, my last order was Jan '17. two were 50/50 and one 40/60 so I'm getting plenty of VG so that might be the culprit.

Heck, based on thinking a bit about this subject, I might have been using even less than my original though even at 2ml a week those three bottles would have been long gone and they're not. I did have some still available when I ordered but four years ago, who knows.

Anyway, the next time I order I'll make sure I pay more attention to the VG content plus, I doubt that once life gets back to normal, I'll vape as much as I have lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread