Phoenix RBA Coil Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have a Phoenix rba coming in the mail and would like to start getting ideas for making coils. I found a link to a youtube video for the ZEUS!!! coils that looked awesome, I think I'm going to try that dual coil build first it looks very promising for vapor production. I also have been reading that silica wick is not the best thing to use because it breaks down and sends silica splinters to our lungs, I saw some people using cotton yarn as their wicks, any opinions on the yarn versus silica for wicking would be great as well.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

Spacedoutart

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2012
Buffalo NY
I too recommend starting with a single coil first... Once you have a few coils down, then try building a dual coil. I strongly recommend getting a inexpensive multimeter to help judge the ohms of a coil. In a dual coil setup both coils must be exactly the same. If it is not identical the power will run through the side with least resistance (aka 1 coil will glow and not the other)

As a side note I have found a hybrid wick to work the best in the Phoenix. 1.5 inches of 3mm silica with SS mesh where it touches the coils.

Holbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just got my phoenix today and even with the preinstalled coil absolutely loving it... it is by far the best hit i've ever had from a PV, I did fray out the ends of the wick included to help with the wicking and then just dropped some juice in it. I am using the LT v2 and it has a built in ohmeter, it reads to .1 but I have no clue on the accuracy of it, any know how accurate the LT ohmeter is ?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread