Phoenix Style Rebuildable Atomizer on a Provari Mini / Weird battery readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
I have come to enjoy rebuilding my own atomizers, and own two of the Phoenix style copy's. I'm not in the habit of checking my battery status (Typically I just vape it until the Provari Mini blinks). Occasionally, I check to see if the Pila did it's job correctly, and I use CB to see if I have 4.2 when installing a new one. I am getting strange battery readings on the Provari Mini when I use the Phoenix style Rebuildable Atomizers. For instance, this morning while not under load, I was getting a reading of 3.6V from my AW IMR 18490. Under load, I is showing 3.1. I tried the other atomizer, and with no load 3.5V / under load 3.0V. One of my atomizers I have 1.5ohm, the other 1.7. I decided to try something else on it (Phoenix Bottom Coil), and I got a reading 3.6 no load / 3.3 under load.
What's going on, and why would my Mini keep vapin when it says the battery is 3.0 ?

L7D4N

Ice Cream!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Dallas, Texas
You need to clean the center contact pin on the electronics inside the tube. After time, the battery grinding against the positive nipple of the electronics when screwing the cap on, will cause a dark grey grime to build up, and cause improper battery readings. Just take a long q-tip that would would see at the Dr's office with some isopropyl alcohol, or your pinky finger, and wipe it off as well as the positive contact for the battery.

I would also recommend cleaning out the threads on the tube and cap, and regreasing them with noalox.

I do this every two weeks and never had a problem, but I did experience this after getting my first ProVari last December, and cleaning the electronic contact is what fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread