phosphoric acid, cola and atomizer cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Well, the coca-cola contains 0,33% of phosphoric acid. But a limestone remover contain the 7% of phosphoric acid! Well i'll try it... 8-o:confused::hubba:

Sergiom--before posting any suggestions that you are going to use--please adhere to the rules when posting in here as stated:

"If you wish to suggest a cleaning agent, you must find out what it contains before posting it here as a recommendation to other users. Include the full ingredients list in your post, together with normal purpose of the cleanser. If possible, include a link to the MSDS (materials safety data sheet) information that is usually available on the internet, and easily located by an internet search.
If dangerous chemicals, such as strong acids or alkalis, are involved, you must include a clear statement that the cleanser should be regarded as potentially dangerous, and also add that sensible safety precautions are necessary (e.g. goggles and gloves)."

Thank you---Sun

sergiom1961

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Moderator is saying tell what else is in the limestone remover
i do not know what else is in the limestone remover but, then, if the coca-cola can clean the atomizer, it is only for the phosforic acid... so, if i put my atomizer in a more solutions of it, i think the atimizer is more clean... 0,33% in the coke, 7% in the limestone remover.... the limestione removere is more strong than than coke... but is 100% soluble in water! then, i'll try it... It is soluble in water, then, cose dont tray it?

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
i do not know what else is in the limestone remover but, then, if the coca-cola can clean the atomizer, it is only for the phosforic acid... so, if i put my atomizer in a more solutions of it, i think the atimizer is more clean... 0,33% in the coke, 7% in the limestone remover.... the limestione removere is more strong than than coke... but is 100% soluble in water! then, i'll try it... It is soluble in water, then, cose dont tray it?

Sergiom--as you state :"i do not know what else is in the limestone remover"--

So you are going to use a solvent that you have no idea what else is in it----and that is what we do not what to see going on here---so get all of the facts before you try a solvent or Please do not post it--Thank You------Sun

sergiom1961

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009

So you are going to use a solvent that you have no idea what else is in it----and that is what we do not what to see going on here---so get all of the facts before you try a solvent or Please do not post it--Thank You------Sun
not a solvent, it is the same acid who is in the coca-cola... and if i drink a coke and i'm still alive.... then i can wash the atomizer with coca or with the acid inside the cocke....

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
UK
It seems that probably the most common limestone-remover is a
formulation like:

http://www.homecareessentials.co.uk/media/datasheets/hagesan_blue_5.09.pdf

More than simply just phosphoric acid, but oxalic acid as well
(somewhat toxic, but rinse-able).
The 'Fatalcoholethoxylate' however (Ethylene glycol stearate) could be a bit of a bugger
to wash out - too much like heavy soap?

Assuming this is what was meant, (is it blue?)
there's nothing wildy unusual.

But certainly wouldn't drink that ;)

I'd rather use a clear solution of weak/medium strength phosphoric acid
(effective only on mildly gunked coils as far as I can tell, ymmv).

Last edited:

Rookie

Apr 19, 2009
Texas, USA
phosforic acid... it is into the coca-cola, but at 0,33%... and the cola clean the atomizer, or not? Then, if i put the atomizer in a solutions of 7%, i think is better than te coca! This acid is 100% soluble in whater. Then let use just only pure phosforic acid...

The 7% phosphoric acid is a much stronger solution and may contain other things which could be dangerous. You must tell any other ingredients that are in the stronger solution. Pure phosphoric acid is a dangerous corrosive acid. The acid in coca cola is very diluted and therefore not dangerous.

sergiom1961

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
we interest only the phosphoric acid! then we can buy it... and we dont use coke or limestone remover.... the phosphoric acid is soluble in water, then i can try it! limestone remover contains mor PA than a coke... but was only an idea to clean the atiomizer... But the limestone removers are 100% soluble in water... then i dont understand yours asks! i'm wrong, but dont forget tahat i'm italian and it is so hard for me to tell what i think...

Rookie

Apr 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Rookie, please read the 'phosphine!' thread more carefully,
the original poster said he'd got that incorrect.

Heated phosphoric acid doesn't do that,
but thats no reason to use hot acids, for anything 'casual' like this (!)

Sorry exogenesis, I didn't copy the whole post. Forgive me, I am technically challenged.:oops: My primary concern is that some residue of the phosphoric acid he was using might remain in the atomiser and be unintentionally inhaled with his next vape. Not knowing the strength or other ingredients in his solution I don't know if it would be a problem or not but it is not a chance I would want to take.

sergiom1961

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009

Well, i'll buy a "car battery acid": 30% phosphoric acid, 70% water, no other additive. It look like the liquid cleaner for the ice machines... But it contains only water and phosforic acid.
In fact, the limestone remover contain a lot of other elements... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread