Physical difference between TAWA and KBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
Since Ivapour is the premier Janty source that gets stuff well before JantyUSA I have to ask this here and not on the Janty forum.

Can anybody tell me if there are noticeable physical differences between the TAWA'a and the KBC atomizers.

Pictures would be great.

Also how does performance compare?

I am curious what the difference is between a thow away atomizer and one that also end up getting thrown away. (well after the fittings are stripped :))

DW

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I took a look at mine and to be honest there is not much difference at all that I can see! The TAWA has it written on the side of the atomiser along with some number, I haven't been up close enough but at first glance the thread and gubbins underneath look identical perhaps only for the number on the thread :)

--EDIT-- ohh yes and to me they vape exactly the same, I guess its just the warranty!

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
attachment.php

Can you tell the difference despite the mega blurry shot!? hehe
attachment.php

Attachments

• Image088.jpg
    Image088.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Image089.jpg
    Image089.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 245

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
I hav'nt got a TAWA I've just got the Black Janty that came with the stick and another Silver one i bought as a spare.
All my RN-4072's fit fine and screw in properly without too much strength having to be applied.
But the Janty's still refuse to screw in properly.
The RN-4072's have FOUR threads. The Janty's have THREE.
Can someone count the threads on the TAWA's please ?
I'm just thinking there may be a batch or two of the Sticks with different Connections.
Some people are having no problems at all but there are still a lot of people swearing about not being able to get their Atomisers in and then once they have they've had to use pliars and rubber gloves to get them out.
The Threads might be the answer.
Oh yes. Did i mention that Toby sent me a replacement ?
I like it but this Kissbox Classic Atomiser situation needs to be looked at.
'Tis a puzzlement. :D

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
My TAWA, which is a Janty, appears to have just three rings, although I dont trust my eyesight on this one.

The only problem I have found with it, is that sometimes, I press the button, and nothing, no sizzle. So I normally take it out completely, clean it up as its usually coated with juice, which escapes from the cart, clean the connections and replace, it then screws in fine.

I think this is simply caused by the juice acting as a lubricant, and the atomiser unscrewing when I twist the cart to get it out.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
I just found one of my first penstyle Atomisers. I'ts a Gamucci Classic. It is near enough identical to the Janty Classic. It even uses the same carts. (little ridges round the bottom of the black mouthpiece and identical white filler holder) Same length and width with a silver band round the connector end. It also has FOUR threads and fits perfectly. :confused:

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
My silver Janty TAWA is slightly narrower than the black one that came with the Stick. I had to buy the TAWA because I couldn't fit the KB - which I have just managed to do 8-o but it's not working very well. I've given up on the Stick for a while and am back with SD. The LED keeps failing.

scylla

Maybe you have the same problem as I was having with the switch. The LED would go out or flicker! Getting a GG next week and the Stick will be my backup :D

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Come on folk, if you like it or not, we want to hear from you on the Janty Club website too, the more discussion we have on the product(s) the more likely Janty are to put the problems right.

I'm especially interested in your opinions on the GG when you get it Tribal. Also Scylla, a review on the Screwdriver from a ladies point of view would be great on the Janty forums, so please guys, come along and post your updates for us.

Also you can read my latest calamity this morning...lol

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I'll be sure to let you guys know how I get on with the GG :) Your right about it being expensive and I have been putting off these mods for too long because of the price! The 2 year warranty and more reliable battery/switch make me want to give it a try as the promise of not needing to replace parts too often will hopefully save me in the long run! Ohh and I miss my 901/Dura atomisers :(

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I'm gonna go high voltage whooo! The high voltage hopefully will let me go onto low nic or even no nic juice! I only need the nicotine for the throat hit anyway and I can always opt for the 3 volts battery if its too much hehe! The manual switch doesn't bother me too much as I keep it in a pouch and my e-cig is out my pocket more than it is in muahaha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread