Physically Scraping The Atomiser Coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valgar

Feb 7, 2009
UK - England.
Yes. Its a bit extreme. I am sat here at work pondering my atomiser, and it's slow decline into death.

I have managed to keep it alive through a month of coke-soaking, but it was struggling to give off 'like-new' vapour.

So. In a desperate attempt to revive it I decided to delve into the atomiser itself.

1 - Removed the tiny plastic bridge supporting the wicking mesh. This protects the mesh from terminal dents should it be dropped. Removing this allows a full view of my Evo atomiser.

2 - I used a bent staple (technical, I know, but bear with me) to scrape the blackened mass from the hidden coil.

3 - Once I began to see the silver lines of the coil underneath the carbon I was removing I stopped and soaked the atomiser in boiling water. Loads of black residue fell of it at this stage, it even discoloured the water somewhat.

4 - Removed and dried atomiser. Hooked it up to a battery and blew on it in short breaths to fully dry it out.

5 - Once dry through time and then heat induced drying, I began flexing the coil ever-so-slightly. Again, more of the black carbon substance fell off.

6 - I can now see the silver coil, when I blow on it, it heats up from the centre of the coil outwards. The wick material inside the coil is still a dark colour.

7 - After fully drying out and topping off the vapour production is excellent. Throat hit has also improved vastly.

All in all, this solution is the atomiser equivalent of cracking a nut using a cannon-ball. Its not pretty, does make it work, and can only be done so many times before the coil breaks (Depending on how careful you are).

Valgar

Feb 7, 2009
UK - England.
Perhaps not. I tried a another plastic bridge on my other m402 atomiser. Except this time when I tried to pull the steel-wool up so I could remove the tiny plastic bridge, the steelwool snapped from the atomiser housing (!)

I took the torn wool bridge and stuffed it into the first working physically-cleaned atomiser (now minus the plastic bridge, leaving a void between the atomiser coil and the liquid soaking steelwool arch.). This basically packs the coil in steelwool. I have found that it stops any liquid leaking out and allows the atomiser to hold alot more liquid.

---

I know we are all looking for a soluble cleaning solution to this problem, but if a physical cleaning method can extend an atomiser for up to 6 months, im game!

Im thinking now of a tiny wire brush to rub on the coil, instead of a bent staple...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread