ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Florida

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check it out.
Like I said, its around $35. I could probably go a little higher, but don't want to get crazy... 60+ is probably a absolute no.

Going from $60 for a clone to $100 to pay the designer of the mods is about 5 days of analogs. Pay the folks coming up with good ideas IMO and support those pushing the technology further!

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That's a good deal, it even comes with a large mtank. I've been leaning toward the Tobeco kayfun lite clone myself... has adjustable airflow;) Does the EHPro one have adjustable airflow?

It has the screw for airflow at the bottom....These clones are a little confusing, though, and I do wish I could dish out the money for the original..but right now it ain't going to fly for me. I want to try the kfl+ style to make sure I even like it. ..

Pat S.

Sent from my Note 2

bah-num

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Florida
Going from $60 for a clone to $100 to pay the designer of the mods is about 5 days of analogs. Pay the folks coming up with good ideas IMO and support those pushing the technology further!

$60 is what I would consider a reasonable price for the genuine article. These things are overpriced. Some of these clones are proving that by offering a nearly 1:1 copy at 1/3rd the price (your figure of $60 clones is a bit on the high end, some places are selling clones at that high of a price, but most of them are in the $30-40 range). Don't get me wrong, I applaud the innovators, but I'm not rewarding these companies for overcharging just because they went and got a big head. I know they also have R&D overhead that the clone makers don't, but that can be recouped by selling 10x as many at $60 instead of $100. On top of that, I'm not paying $100 for a tank that uses polycarbonate... why these tank manufacturers even consider it as an option is beyond me... by far the worst plastic for tanks.

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
I don't think they are getting rich. They have to fund their trial and error, pay for parts, hire employees, pay taxes, distributors, etc. China copies it and takes all their money with cheap labor and zero cost for coming up with the design. Up to you if you want to fund that. Eventually the innovators will just not be able to stay in business and make a decent living at the same time if China keeps pumping out clones and people keep buying them. All so we can save $40 which is pennies compared to the analog habit.

Sent from my Provari Mini using Tapatalk

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
That being said, this thread is not about "Genuine vs Knockoff" so its not really the place for it.
Sorry.

Back to business:
I busted one of my PT2mini's today, when I sat on it wrong (like there is a right way)... I had my pv in my back pocket.. :S
I went on to buy a replacement and decided to pull the trigger on the RBA instead.
The site I usually use (bought my SiD from someone else, probably be more happy with it if I'd paid the $15 to go through my usual vendor - that said, I'm hesitant to buy from another so soon...) They had a pretty good price on the knockoffs ($35). No clear tank replacement for the kfl+... so I'll probably order one from ebay when it comes in!
I bought:
few new drip tips (sick of metal - miss my acrylic one that gunked up)
1 RDA (had to.. starting to steep juice.. and for $8.. why not?)
replacement glass for my pt2mini(v1)
1 kfl+
1 fogger V3 :O

I couldnt decide. thought about doing ithaka, but the rebuilds looked to be too much of a pain for me to hassle with at this point. Decided to get the fogger because of its larger capacity and so i could tell where the juice was without having to guess or take anything apart. Like I siad, I'll probably get the tank section for the kfl+, but I dont know who knocked it off (my vendor didnt say) so I'll wait until it comes in to make sure i get the right glass section (ebay i'm guessing, didnt find it anywhere else).

All that for under $100 (taxed and shipped)! If I dig rebuilding, I hope to buy genuine next time I get rbas, but I don't want to go that route when just dipping my toe in the water. Same with my APV.. I wanted to get cheap to see if the jump was worth it... I think it was, so next mod (in 6+ months) will probably be a genuine product like provari, or maybe a Zen mod (I know the dna30's just came out...)

Anyway - thanks again to all of you who helped with the decision making process - I'll let you know how I like them when I get them in... after they are cleaned.. which brings me to a new thread... :)

bah-num

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Florida
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
That being said, this thread is not about "Genuine vs Knockoff" so its not really the place for it.
Sorry.

Back to business:
I busted one of my PT2mini's today, when I sat on it wrong (like there is a right way)... I had my pv in my back pocket.. :S
I went on to buy a replacement and decided to pull the trigger on the RBA instead.
The site I usually use (bought my SiD from someone else, probably be more happy with it if I'd paid the $15 to go through my usual vendor - that said, I'm hesitant to buy from another so soon...) They had a pretty good price on the knockoffs ($35). No clear tank replacement for the kfl+... so I'll probably order one from ebay when it comes in!
I bought:
few new drip tips (sick of metal - miss my acrylic one that gunked up)
1 RDA (had to.. starting to steep juice.. and for $8.. why not?)
replacement glass for my pt2mini(v1)
1 kfl+
1 fogger V3 :O

I couldnt decide. thought about doing ithaka, but the rebuilds looked to be too much of a pain for me to hassle with at this point. Decided to get the fogger because of its larger capacity and so i could tell where the juice was without having to guess or take anything apart. Like I siad, I'll probably get the tank section for the kfl+, but I dont know who knocked it off (my vendor didnt say) so I'll wait until it comes in to make sure i get the right glass section (ebay i'm guessing, didnt find it anywhere else).

All that for under $100 (taxed and shipped)! If I dig rebuilding, I hope to buy genuine next time I get rbas, but I don't want to go that route when just dipping my toe in the water. Same with my APV.. I wanted to get cheap to see if the jump was worth it... I think it was, so next mod (in 6+ months) will probably be a genuine product like provari, or maybe a Zen mod (I know the dna30's just came out...)

Anyway - thanks again to all of you who helped with the decision making process - I'll let you know how I like them when I get them in... after they are cleaned.. which brings me to a new thread... :)

You're right, I've shared my opinion directly with SvoeMesto. Grats on pulling the trigger! You won't be disappointed with that kayfun. Let me know how that fogger works for ya, heard mixed results but they intrigue me cuz they actually use glass for the tank!

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
They are in! Got them in tonight!

I got them all cleaned up, re coiled, and juiced up. So far my favorite is e KFL+, followed by the dripper (to my surprise), the last of all the fogger v3. The only one that seemed to need a good cleaning was the fogger.

The thing I don't like about he fogger is there are a ton of parts. I don't like the tapered glass, as it looks like a weak point. There is a rubber grommet that goes around the build deck and over the wicks. This piece is a pain in the tukas to get on.. I already snapped one. There isn't a ton of room for the build either. The top section of the tank with the fill port is hard to tell if you have it aligned right. The top piece that is the tank cover is also a pain because it has super fine threads and it's not a snug fit around the glass. With the fine threads it makes it really difficult to Aline it right, so e ring with the slots on it over the glass jingles. I also got really juicy messing with it.

The dripper is nice. I think I'll have fun doing builds on it, but I wish the posts and the air hole were more in the middle of the tank. The one I got is meant for a squid style wick, and that doesn't seem to be ideal for cotton. I'm going to try a nano coil tomorrow I think. I put a chimney coil on it over the air hole, and it seems to be working fairly well.

The KFL+ clone is awesome. easy to build on, but it does whistle if you have the air hole wide open, so I just closed it down, just enough to squelch the whistle. Not a huge deal though, my pt2 mini whistles too a bit if I take a heavy drag on it.

I did a standard compressed coil on he other two. I lost count on the KFL+ and ended up with 12 wraps I think... Too many for me, I like 9 or 10 best I think. It's still the best of the bunch though I think.. Now to get the clear tank section! I ordered 100' of kanthal, so I shouldn't be looking for wire any time soon... Haha

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Thanks! I figures out my issues with the fogger today. I the build still isn't the easiest... I couldn't get the top tank cover section on because I didn't have the fill screw down all the way. I've got it now things are much more snug. Also I like the draw on it better. In the kfl+ clone the air hole is a bit tight for the draw. Im sure an authentic would be much better... Maybe next time... I think I'll get a new dropper first next time!

Tanks again for all the input!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread