Picked out my SB, now I need accessories (HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadjroi

Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Tucson, AZ
I'm finally ready to make the change from my dinky 808s to a real PV. I've been researching for a while, and once I found out the Silver Bullet can act as a 3.7, 4.8 and 6v mod depending on what batteries you're using I was sold. I'm saving up my duckets and have my eye on the green model. I am hoping to place my order after the new year, so in preparation I'm trying to assemble all the necessary supplies.

This is where I need some help. I know I need to get an 18650 for 3.7v and 2 RCR123A's for 6v vaping, but the only info I can find for 4.8v is a NiMH battery of some sort. I saw one on MadVapes that was pretty nondescript and assume that's the one. Is MadVapes the best option for getting a variety of batteries? Is there a better option for getting all three types AND a charger in one site?

That brings me to my next question. Obviously I will need a charger, and the HG-1412-W 4 Cell Li-Ion Charger SEEMS to be able to charge all three varieties. It lists in the description the ability to switch to an NiMH mode, but I keep reading everywhere that these require a special charger. Anyone clear on that?

FINALLY, I have decided I'm hooked on my all day vapes enough to invest in a couple carto tanks in addition to a few atomizers for dripping. Can anyone weigh in on the Parkes Vaping Chibi tanks? From the reviews I've read they sound solid enough, and at $8 a piece it's a hard deal to pass up, plus I like the fact that they're only 3ml and have Boge cartos.

Would love any input you've got. What's worked best for you? Show me YOUR setup!

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida

tadjroi

Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Don't worry, boochips, it's all getting too complicated for everyone. A tank just allows you to constantly feed a cartomizer instead of having to keep topping it off (or, in your situation, prevent you from having to drip every 5 or so puffs). Basically, I'd buy 2 or 3 to fill with my every day vapes.

Thanks for the info on battery suppliers everybody! It honestly looks like almost all the games charge the same.

bp400, what is this "kick" you speak of?

tadjroi

Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Just did some research on this "Kick" thingy. All just forum talk, but from what I gather it's some kinda device that mods out an 18650 mod to be HV, and apparently you can dictate what that voltage is. Sounds pretty amazing if you ask me, especially considering I'm just getting started in this big world of big mods.

Think I'm gonna keep it simple and just get the AW 18650 Altsmoke offers with their charger. Get everything from them and build from there. Get used to true 3.7v vaping and THEN explore the great beyond.

AtomNeely

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
Alpharetta, GA
Yeah those 4.8 Volt NiMH Batteries are really the only option for 4.8 or 5v vaping ( until the Kick is released ) I don't have any, but I hear that they have an AWFUL lifespan , a few hours at most. Again I don't have any so I cant speak to them directly

I've used them, they work really well and the hit is way better than the 3.7, but you are right, the battery life is kind of so-so. I go through about 4ml a day, and I was getting about 5-6 hours out a battery. Its not horrible, but its no 18650 or even 1000mah eGo. I got a 5V PT though to help keep them going a bit longer for when I'm out and about.

Also, this is all coming off of my experience of using them with my Roughstack v2, just ordered my SB today and I don't know if the electronics in either with effect the experience.

tadjroi

Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Tucson, AZ
I been using my Silver Bullet at 3.7 with a 1.5 ohm Dual coil tank. The green looks awesome in person got a cherry vape dream tip to go with it. its my only non black PV and i like it alot.

Thanks for the recommendation, hchris. I've been seeing some love for the 1.5 DC tank around and it's helpful to hear that worked for you too.

tadjroi

Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Tucson, AZ
I was getting about 5-6 hours out a battery.

Considering I'm going from using exclusively KR808's to an actual big battery mod I think 5-6 hours of life sounds amazing. A little trickier to charge on the go (seriously, being able to carry your battery charger in your pocket rocks), but much longer life than with my Volts.

The only other device I've vaped is a standard eGo style 510 device, and if that's close to what I'm gonna get on a Silver Bullet I might need to make that jump to 4.8v. THAT, or LR is gonna knock my socks off on a battery mod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread