Picked up a Legacy 18650 in the classifieds.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
And LOVE IT!!!! It slams with my ProTank. I have a iGo-s at work that I'll try out Monday. Now I want a flat top head and a 18350 tube!

i also got two High Drain Panasonic CGR18650CH 2250mAh bats to use with it.

I also have two Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh bats. Are they ok to use with a ProTank running about 1.8ohm coil?

I need some recommendations on other juice delivery systems that work well with the Legacy. The Richman looks cool, but I don't know much about SS wicks.

Also, can anyone recommend a high quality ego adaptor for the legacy?

Thanks!

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
heateris,

Congrats my friend! As for batteries, we only recommend the use of the (2) we recommend & sell for the LEGACY. Protected Tenergy 18650's, or AW IMR 18650's. Any other combo's, use at your own risk!

Why do you need an ego adapter? Plan to run CE's on it? IMO, the ProTank running a 1.5 ohm coil is likely right up there at the top for most pleasurable on a fixed mechanical 3.7v device :)

Congrats again on the Pick Up! Hope she serves you for many years to come! Have a great week!

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Congrat’s on the purchase! In terms of your questions:

I’ll leave the definitive answer to those who have more experience with battery technology than I, but I can’t envision there would be a problem given the resistance you’re using. Should not put much of a strain on the battery. But, as I caution, better to get a more informed opinion than mine!

EDIT: Just saw that Cashmere offered advice on batteries -- I'd follow what he says!!

Definitely give the Richman a shot if you’re interested in genesis-style attys. I’m enjoying mine, and it looks perfect on top of a Legacy, especially with the flat top. You can also use silica wicks should you not want to use SS. My typical setup is a Richman on my full-size Legacy and a carto tank on my mini tube Legacy.

I’ve picked up a few 510-to-Ego adapters from a variety of vendors and can’t tell the difference between any of them. All work and look the same.

By the way, if you want to use the Kick, I’d suggest looking into the Kicklet by Super-T. The one they offer in satin matches the Legacy finish very well. Adds length, but I find it to be the easiest and most versatile way to use the Kick.

Hope this helps!

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
Thanks for the info guys.

I've had the Legacy since Saturday and I haven't used any of my other mods. This unit really is great! I messed with the switch a little. I installed all four flat washers and the locking washer to make the switch action super short. Love it!

question --

When I take my ProTank off, I notice that sometimes the top adapter screws off. Is there anyway to keep it more secure? Maybe a dot of thread lock?

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread