Pico squeeze only heats up like 17watts,is there a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
It basically does hit like a mech. The chip just handles on/off/fire, and maybe some kind of limit. But you can't turn it up or down - if you want more heat, build lower.

Mines running dual 27 gauge kanthal 0.25 mm coils for 0.45 ohms, and it hits pretty danged nicely - as well as any of my other mech squonkers...

Reactions: puffon

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Okay thanks that will help.
    Im using dual 27gauge at 0.6ohm and it's a bit better but I like a warmer vape.Ill try a 0.5ohm in 26gauge and see what happens.

I tried my velocity v2 rda but it leaks all over deck.I think the slot in bottom feed tube or 510 pin is letting liquid through.
    Does one need to use an orings or use a flat headed tube pin to prevent leaking through threads on 510 connection?

VladK16

ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2013
    Toledo, OH USA
    Im using dual 27gauge at 0.6ohm and it's a bit better but I like a warmer vape.Ill try a 0.5ohm in 26gauge and see what happens.

I tried my velocity v2 RDA but it leaks all over deck.I think the slot in bottom feed tube or 510 pin is letting liquid through.
    Does one need to use an orings or use a flat headed tube pin to prevent leaking through threads on 510 connection?

Make sure that the smaller grub screw in the 510 pin has been removed from your V2. I've seen quite a few people who didn't know that you have to remove that screw when trying to use it in a squonk setup resulting in that leaking you are describing.

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    While I am a huge fan of the Reo, have several, and consider them my favorites - there's not a real substantial difference - a basically mechanical 1-battery squonker is only going to give you what the battery/coil can give you.

There are some regulated bottom feeders if you want to go that route, but not a LOT of them...
    I have a Wraith, which is a cheap way to try it: $60, 80 watts.
    It's VERY heavy and solid, and I think it looks cool. I think the bottom "door" to access both juice and battery is overstressed and may fail..but it hasn't yet.
    Or if you go 2 batteries, there's a 160 watt Dripbox...and there are a lot of better ones, including DNA200 mods - especially if you have a bigger budget...

0.5ohm is better but I'd like to go a bit warmer so I think I'll try a 0.35ohm in 25gauge.
    VW has its advantages,so I'm wondering what company is going to make a good VW one cell squonk mod.
    Does the Reo grand hit harder ?

Reactions: KentA

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I think I was squonking too fast causing leak.

I'm using a 24gauge 0.30ohm coil and it's much better.
    If I wanted to go a bit hotter with a faster ramp up time,what wind might be the next step?
    24gauge in a lower ohm or higher gauge in a lower ohm?
    What about a smaller in diameter atomizer like a 16-18mm will that raise temperature of vape?

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 27, 2015

I tried my velocity v2 RDA but it leaks all over deck.I think the slot in bottom feed tube or 510 pin is letting liquid through.

You could try a 0.5 or 0.45 ohm net build in 27 AWG and see how you go...... its worth looking at the heat flux and heat capacity values in steam engine.

Heat flux will give you an idea of how hot the coil will be.
    Heat capacity will give you an idea of how quickly it heats up (and cools down again afterwards)

In general terms thinner wire = less mass and will heat up quicker at the same resistance.

Different wire types also change how hot and how quick the ramp up time is.

Steam engine can save you a lot of time and effort and trial and error.

When you find a build you like, its worth the effort!

Good luck.

bullhcr

ECF Veteran
    Sep 29, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Got this today. Extremely small for holding an 18650 and 7,5 ml of juice(I measured). A couple of small niggles like not possible to adjust the 510. I don't expect it to last forever either. But for such a low price and considering this is Eleafs first squonker(I think) I am impressed.

Bought the kit but immediately threw away the atty and put on a Manta.
    squeeze.JPG

Last edited:

Angel1964

ECF Veteran
    Jan 26, 2016
    Alberta Canada
    I just got the pico squeeze with the coral rda. I put the coils that came with it and they come out to about .26 ohm.
    I think I put too much cotton in because it is popping and spitting badly. It is also way too hot, just about burning my lips off. I can build coils and have lots of wire to do it, but not that experienced yet. I also like to stay around .5 and higher. What would you suggest for a cooler vape (and the popping = less cotton??)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread