Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I have almost enough for a different gun for every day of the week :D
You probably know this, but the gun you carry should be one you're intimately familiar with and have trained extensively with, not a different one every day. :)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Phoenix_HP22A_99.jpg
Oooh, oooh, oooh! Look what I just got!

It's SOOOO adorable!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I had been wanting to get a 22. But, I had thought I would get a revolver. Kind of a 'kill two birds' thing. I do still want to get a revolver.

But, this little 22 caught me off-guard. I had already started to enter the data to post if for sale when I saw the price he wanted to charge for it. That caught my interest!

I work in the backroom on the computer. I don't normally see the guns up close since I'm tucked away in the back. I just see the pictures of them when I'm entering the data to put them online to sell them. So, I mainly only see the used guns.

Sometimes one catches my eye. But, guns are expensive.

This one caught my eye too. Then I was typing in the price. Oh, wow! I can actually afford this one! So, I walked up front to ask Chris (my brother) about it. Then I asked about the quality. How good can a gun be that's THAT cheap?

Turns out the gun is cheap, even new. But, the reviews are good. True, they say it's good 'for the price'. But, the details of the reviews are good. It's not fancy or anything. But, it's good for what I want.

I need to take a picture of them together. Mama Walther PK380 alongside Baby Phoenix HP22A.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
Landlord owns a gun shop and I was over there a few days ago. He had a Kimber Pro for sale and I made the mistake of picking it up. That thing is lighter than my M&P, and has a MUCH nicer action on it. **sigh** I know what I'm treating myself to in a month or so.

You wont go wrong with the Kimber. I have a Kimber Stainless II. One of the finest weapons I've ever owned.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I couldn't resist! It's really awfully small. But, it feels well made, and it's so cute!

My new family portrait:
View attachment 755453

I finally have a revolver.

You've wanted one ... no you have one ... so what it is, I can't make out the markings from the picture.

Matching leather made by me.
I don't ccw, I don't leave the house enough to pay for that. But I do wear it while I work sometimes, always when it's too cold for the AC and too warm for the furnace so the door is open.
View attachment 755463

Very nice work, indeed! :thumb:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Nicely done!

I don't carry so far. I do have the license. But, I haven't been to the range often enough to feel safe carrying. I need much more practice!

My friend has a range about 5 minutes away where I shoot and hunt. I started out this spring practicing drawing and trying to get good with pistol again. Found out my rear sight was broke, after sighting a new one in that has been a lot of my problem for a long time. Then a TV show that films there came in so nobody can shoot for a couple months. I haven't found time to get out since. I need to before summer is over. See if I can get an eye roll from the holster with matching mod:lol:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I found my next one, Walther PPS 9mm. Now that we are back in GA, the gun prices are better and there's no wait time to take them home. I'll be grabbing this one in a couple weeks :)
I went to look up the Walther PPS and fell down the YouTube gun reviews rabbit hole. So many shinies!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm the one that puts up the listings for used guns online. Before I even finished putting up the listing, I was asking about the Ruger Mark IV Lite we just put up.

I want it! Shinyitis is turning out to be just as bad with guns. Except they're just a bit more expensive!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm not sure about getting a 9 mm yet. Maybe never. I need to practice enough to strengthen my hands. Otherwise, no way. I can shoot a 9 mm. But, the kick would wear me out pretty quickly. I have very weak hands.

I'm so jealous. The whole world out there with 9 mm guns. The most common round out there. And, they're off limits for me.

I held the Mark IV for a minute. It feels quite large in my hands. (No wisecracks, please.) It's a really big gun for a 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread