Picture posting on Pre-vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
I am opening up a discussion on this topic, because there needs to be some set guidelines for this, as we have some unhappy people on how it is going right now......

Problem 1-Too many pic's posted in a row, without anything for text (meaning no talking, just the pic)

Problem 2-Because of the above problem, others are not getting a chance to post their own theme pic's

*I am aware also & will admit I am guilty at times of both the above and know I need to watch this...

Lets get other's ideas and thoughts on this topic......

Last edited:

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
Oh for sure Whiskey and I admit to being the world's worst. No need to feel bad about anything, we just need to figure out how to make everything better. eheheh after all, that is what we are good at. ;)

1. A lot of times, I load up a post with 6 or 7 or however many pics it will hold, just to save time. This is probably not a good idea, considering how slow ecf has been lately. I also only put text in with the pictures when answering a question or greeting someone, etc. Also conceding this is probably not the best way to do it.

2. Last night at the Reo guy's party, I noticed one lil girl's post was getting drowned. Dang, she even said it was getting burried, so, I just let up for a bit and watched because I noticed his friends were also trying to post pictures and after all, it's not a contest to see who can post the most pictures in the least amount of time. He would of course, rather have pictures from friends than from me, whom he had just met. just saying...

3. I am the world's worst at coming in 1/2 hour to an hour in front of a party and then posting pics like crazy, all the way up to the fireworks. I think I will try when at all possible to come ahead of time and post the most of my pictures and then just do grats and a few pictures during the party.

4. I am always wanting feedback from you guys and will, without hesitation comply with whatever guidelines you set forth. :)

love you guys
morri

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Oh for sure Whiskey and I admit to being the world's worst. No need to feel bad about anything, we just need to figure out how to make everything better. eheheh after all, that is what we are good at. ;)

1. A lot of times, I load up a post with 6 or 7 or however many pics it will hold, just to save time. This is probably not a good idea, considering how slow ecf has been lately. I also only put text in with the pictures when answering a question or greeting someone, etc. Also conceding this is probably not the best way to do it.

2. Last night at the Reo guy's party, I noticed one lil girl's post was getting drowned. Dang, she even said it was getting burried, so, I just let up for a bit and watched because I noticed his friends were also trying to post pictures and after all, it's not a contest to see who can post the most pictures in the least amount of time. He would of course, rather have pictures from friends than from me, whom he had just met. just saying...

3. I am the world's worst at coming in 1/2 hour to an hour in front of a party and then posting pics like crazy, all the way up to the fireworks. I think I will try when at all possible to come ahead of time and post the most of my pictures and then just do grats and a few pictures during the party.

4. I am always wanting feedback from you guys and will, without hesitation comply with whatever guidelines you set forth. :)

love you guys
morri

Both are very good points and at least its a start to talk about this problem Morri!!!!:) I agree.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
i think keeping the balance between conversation and pictures is quite difficult. I guess we all need to try to be aware of how many people are on the thread. if there are a lot, especially if there are friends of the honoree, we should try to hold back, and just post enough to keep things moving. If there are very few people on the thread then we can post more. IMO, text along with the pictures is important- even if i don't do it every time.

Perhaps if think about it as our job to keep the thread moving and keep people engaged, then it will be easier to keep the balance. Any hard and fast rule about the number of pictures isn't likely to work. So i'd suggest that we each be aware and shift the way we post depending on what is going on with the thread (as Morri did the other night).

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
being aware of who's on the thread is the most important part of the above-mentioned.

it's gonna be hard to find a perfect balance, no matter what we do!

suggestions

the day of the turning, conversation should top picture posting. as we get closer, let's say the last hour, pictures for the prevet should be the most prevalent.
it would be great if we had more milestone posts for the last minutes - like atty's rockets!!!!!! for example, at 15, 10 AND 5 minutes.
some kind of drumroll for the last minute .......

just some ideas

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
All good things to remember, my most important issue is being that if one person thread bombs the thread with multiple pictures dissallowing others to have a chance is one of the top priorities to watch out for, along with letting conversation take place as well.

RE: Drum roll...its hard for me to do both at turn time...here is the drum roll if someone wants to try and add this after Tibs announces "Drum-roll"

drumroll11-5.gif

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Tib asked me to stop here so here I am. I basically have nothing to add except I am not a typist at all. I pretty much have to go back and correct everything I type. If I am expected to post text with every pic or even most then I just won't do pics. Not trying to be difficult it would just be a hardship for me.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    ~~~~~ @ frannie! but you're our best resource for pics! ;)

i agree, putting down an arbitrary number is not going to work. i had mentioned to frannie one of my ideas - maybe, instead of posting multiple times with single pics, one post containing several might be the way to go. even though it'll be a long post it might not distract as much from the conversation or questions.
    people tend to pop in when there's a lot going on and easily get lost.

naturally, you'll have some people, like al and pietro, who will back read each and every post and enjoy them all but most will just look at the ones posted when they join the thread.

i don't see an easy solution ........... one word to frannie though, we do like to chat with you and i don't remember any post of yours that needed corrections :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread