PIF-Canada FAQ & Chit-Chat - Got questions or suggestions, post them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
General questions or suggestion on the different sections of PIF-Canada can go in here. It will help keep discussions to a minimum in the main threads.

Questions thus far:
Tgoode: Are there any shipping rules and who pays for shipping?
Answer: Rems: I believe the sender would. As for rules....it says to do so in a timely manner and all that....

SoUnique: Can there only be 1 thread, or can I start a new one, or 2?
Answer: In PIF, You would generally wait for a period of time (a week?) until the previous offer has been claimed. If there is no one taking what is offered, a new "post" can be made in the main PIF thread. I would like to see all PIF related content within the 3 main stickied threads. Having multiple threads bouncing all over will just cause a lot of confusion.

SoUnique: Can juice be re-bottled if all the info is relabeled on them? I have some 30ml bottles and would like to break them down into 10ml, so more peeps can sample them.
Answer: Yes, it can be. This would work much like how it unofficially does now. Somebody has something, and says "I'll send you a sample of what I've got, so you can try it." Just remember that these are fellow vapers, and don't mess with the contents and labeling etc.

Good Questions!!

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
So where do we actually post what we're paying forward, swapping or giving? Within the sticky, or in the normal forum?

Within the Stickied threads themselves. The "normal forum" should not be used for PIF related stuff. I'm going to see if there's a way to prevent any threads from being created in there. :)

Last edited:

bidslayer

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Three questions:

I'm not really interested in becoming a verified member (me having access to the classifieds would be dangerous ;) ). Since I'm not looking for payment/trades - just looking for a good home for some samples - do I have to be verified to offer up some things in the Treasure Chest sub-forum?

If I'm not verified, can I get someone else to post the offered juices in my stead?

For the pure give-aways, can the offeror restrict the offered juices to folks in a local region (e.g. Ottawa area)? If I'm giving the juices away, I'd rather not pay shipping.

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Three questions:

I'm not really interested in becoming a verified member (me having access to the classifieds would be dangerous ;) ). Since I'm not looking for payment/trades - just looking for a good home for some samples - do I have to be verified to offer up some things in the Treasure Chest sub-forum?

If I'm not verified, can I get someone else to post the offered juices in my stead?

For the pure give-aways, can the offeror restrict the offered juices to folks in a local region (e.g. Ottawa area)? If I'm giving the juices away, I'd rather not pay shipping.

Three tricky questions to say the least! :)

A 1) I don't see a reason to turn down your generosity with regards to you giving away stuff, just as long as you understand that this does not make you exempt from the Rules of the other sections of the PIF.

A 2) If a verified member makes a post to the Treasure Chest or to other parts of PIF, as long as there is no mention that the post is being done for a "non-verified" member, nobody would know any better right?! I hope.. I don't want to bog down the area with legalities to the point where it strangles the effort, so I'm willing to be flexible on some of the rules as long as it does not negatively impact the PIF members.

A 3) A reasonable request, I think. For the Treasure Chest area! It does not necessarily have to be restricted to just juices either. It does cost a pretty penny to ship stuff inter-Canada too.

Hope this helps.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Thanks, Dusty. So I can give my stuff away, locally, but no horse-trading until I bite the bullet and get verified. :)

You got it, mate! And there's not proverbial biting the bullet, per se, to get verified. There's just an extended long term risk to your wallet if you give in to your baser instincts that scream BUY BUY BUY!!

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I like pics, but posting pics doesn't like me.:( I tried to post one in the PIF post but, as you can see, it no work :facepalm:

Gotcha. You using the ecf uploader, or do you use a free picture hosting site out on the Interwebz?

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
Gotcha. You using the ecf uploader, or do you use a free picture hosting site out on the Interwebz?

The image is to large to add.

I decided to do some puted cleaning in the new year. Um, I can't seem to edit photos anymore :oops:
Suggestions for a free picture hosting sight might be a good idea now.
No more cleaning for me!:facepalm:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
The image is to large to add.

I decided to do some puted cleaning in the new year. Um, I can't seem to edit photos anymore :oops:
Suggestions for a free picture hosting sight might be a good idea now.
No more cleaning for me!:facepalm:

Photobucket, Imgur and Tinypic are a few that are used/recommended around here. See if one of them suits your needs.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
I am porting this over as per requested......As i read SoUnique's comment above me....let it stand now this is not centered at her at all.

You can put me on record as saying that i am very hesitant and reserved over the whole idea....BUT seeing as Dusty has gone and stuck his goose on the line were in the event this goes sour he is the one getting the :censored: not us, so in that sense i will give it a decent shot (much as if someone else i knew did the same).

This being said, a few suggestions i will also toss out there, as i have no idea at what point this would all go (yes it can be moved if the need is felt).

1) I am sure people do not want to post something and then wait, and wait for a response. So how about, like Dusty (i believe) said, when things are posted why not add a deadline for responses? I mean be it a month or a week having: Deadline for responses would not hurt.

2) Where possible, pictures should be included. More so in the swap area. I am sure the holds true where, where if it has a picture a person will get a (or more) responses then someone who does not. In this day and age where cell phones, tablets, and computers have the camera built in this should not be a issue.

3) Posts should say exactly what City, or town it is coming from. Reason being is that in the (un)likely event there is a n00b who is unvaried that needs/wants something from the PIF then they should have a verified member who can post the item/request on behalf of the n00b's behalf. The catch being the n00b and verified individual need to be in the same city/town and know each other real time. In the event the n00b and the verified individual wish to run a scam, game or use this to get the offering party in trouble, then then Verified individual has their verified (thus classified) rights on the line (leading to termination of both).

4) There should be a team of mediators (any volunteers aside from myself?). In the event of some dispute, the mediation shall be taken off site (through skype, yahoo, google hang out) where dispute can be handled. In the unlikely event that the mediator cannot reach a satisfactory agreement between person offering, and getting person, then the mediator can approach a op (say Dusty as example) with the full dispute, where the op will have the final and dare i say legal decision. Said final decision will be given to the giving and getting parties only. We have something wonderful here, and we need to seriously prove ourselves people, this suggestion should cut down on the drama and chasing someone off the forum just because you thought you were going to get the dancing monkey doing the banana splits with what you thought was a actual provari but instead got a lava tube for free. (gee i am not speaking from experience here) This should be bad mouthing and trying to slander the givers character to others through PM as well.

5) A disclaimer stating that if a interested party gets pm's asking for money, that ECF OR the one who created the whole thread will not be held responsible. Further more all items will be in a as is state and neither the giving individual nor ECF make claim to warranty, and all items gotten are at the sole risk of the getting party. Just as the receiving party takes the risk of the item being sent through the snail mail.

6) On the same token, and with heavy penalties (as determined by the ECF ops) the giver shall not tamper with juice or the battery/device in a attempts to get it to leak, explode or send the person in low earth orbit once it goes (( BOOM )). You don't like the person requesting the item? Easily cured: Pm them and tell them that.

7) I keep hearing how awesome Canada is, how respectful and honor bound the citizens are.....i think we prove this fact. So this whole thing is based on your honor system, exercise it m'kay?

Phew! there i think i am done putting out there what i think.....oh, and in the case where i use n00b it is not meant as a sign of disrespect, i have been around the internet since 1994 and have been on too many BBS, Telenet and what have you so my terms are very old school. A n00b is what you young wiper snappers call a newb now.

yes this scared me too that i came up with all this, but there it all is in a nut shell

Last edited:

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
If this is going to turn into legal contract kinds stuff, I can see a lot of peeps saying "Nay" Myself included. I have excess vaping items, both hardware & juice. I can't see the point of it sitting here. I want it out there to be used by someone. I JUST want to give it away.

I really don't care if other posts are started with other PIF stuff.

If my post is slowing down the PIF section I am willing to move it to the treasure chest. It really does not matter, I just want this stuff in the hands of someone who wants it.

BTW... Thank you Wolfe, for attempting to enlarge my pic.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
If this is going to turn into legal contract kinds stuff, I can see a lot of peeps saying "Nay" Myself included. I have excess vaping items, both hardware & juice. I can't see the point of it sitting here. I want it out there to be used by someone. I JUST want to give it away.

I really don't care if other posts are started with other PIF stuff.

If my post is slowing down the PIF section I am willing to move it to the treasure chest. It really does not matter, I just want this stuff in the hands of someone who wants it.

BTW... Thank you Wolfe, for attempting to enlarge my pic.

No worried at all :D the post above yours was me letting loose and discussing my ideas's only and honestly they are not written in stone, they are not even written into the soggy paper towel either. Yes i am have taken off the professor glasses :D

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I can't remember where I said it, but I remember asking if we should allow a couple of items to run simultaneously in PIF. That way folks have more options to pick, and the ones that move slower, don't hold the process up. Not implying that is the case with our first PIF.. ofcourse. None of the rules for this are writ in stone, and are setup primarily to safeguard the members participating in PIF.

I'd much rather have a "lounge" atmosphere in here than a "courtroom" feel, if you get my drift.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread