~*PIF Love Contest*~

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToniAnne

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
~~~~THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED~~~~

I will leave this thread open if people would like to continue to add their stories here

Thanks to one of our extremely wonderful, sweet, members, we have a new contest for you all!!

For this contest, we would like for you to post a story or comment in this thread about your favorite PIF moment here or in real life!

You can post up to FIVE times, but each post you make MU
ST include a PIF story or moment from the forum or IRL. Any more than 5 posts will be cause for disqualification.
Let's share the love and enjoy reading everyone's posts!

This contest will run until July 10th at 7pm CST. At that time a random number generator will be used to choose 4 winners.

blkeyedszn has donated some awesome prizes, and also suggested the contest idea! (Thanks, again, you are amazing! :))
Grand Prize and 2nd chance winner 1 prizes were purchased from Tasty Vapor by blkeyedszn, and will be shipped by yours truly, the Monday after the contest (July 12th).

muttSRT has bumped up your odds of winning and is in to offer 30ml of VaporBomb juices** for a 3rd and 4th winner!

Grand Prize: (1) Ego Kit -Titanium and your choice of TV juice* (either Atomic Cinnacide or Tastyfinger) as well as a doubler of the flavor you choose (or may choose two of the VB juices)!
WINNER: BiancaMontgomery

Second chance1: TV Juice (Either
Atomic Cinnacide or Tastyfinger) as well as a doubler of the flavor. This will be determined by whatever flavor the Grand prize winner does not choose (or may choose two of the VB juices) .
WINNER: Keyzygirl

Second chance2: 2- 15ml bottles of VB juice**
WINNER: autumnbreeze

Second chance3:2- 15ml bottles of VB juice**
WINNER: Lorizgal

*Tastyfinger juice is 24mg 80pg/20vg, AC is 24mg 90pg/10vg
**VB bottles available
1-15ml cinnabomb 50/50 mix 18mg
1-15ml blackberry smoothie 80vg/20pg 18mg
1-15ml nutty irishman 20vg/80pg 30mg
1-15ml bourbon 20vg/80pg 30mg

Have fun! Can't wait to see your entries! :D

Last edited:

warlike36

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2010
Seymour,IN.
I went to the local pawn shop on the 21st. looking for a cheap weed whacker.

I had my Indulgence with me @ 7.4,the attendant asks me whats that?
I proceeded to educate him about E-cigs,he says " I really need to quit my 3 pack a day habit, I've had 2 heart attacks and doc gives me 2yrs if I don't quit".

Kinda scared me,so Im like you want to try a kit? He's like, ya.

Long story short, I ran home and put a 510 PCC kit together and we now have a new member of the family !! When I gave it to him and after showing him the "condom method" for cartos,he was like a natural,LOL!!

No learning curve for this guy,LOL. I only hope he comes here and signs up.

I will keep ya all posted. Oh,by the way,I PIF'ed him the kit.

I posted this back on the day it happened,hope its ok to put it here.

If not,please remove it. Its my favorite PIF,and an update-Stopped in to see him today,he is still vapin and needed a cartomizer. I asked him if he has looked into a unit or cartos. He's like,"Im so broke".

So I gave him (Piffed) two more cartos.

Again I will continue to update ya all !!

Stopped in to see my prodigy today (Brian). Brian is doing well,hes down from 2-3 pcks. a day to about one every couple a days. But....he needed another carto,and some juice.

He does have a job,but his girlfriend has his bank info,etc. From what I get she has really raked him over the coals. He even lost his Harley.......Death to that b....

Im really getting to know him,another plus to PIF.

Last edited:

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
I can tell you the exact moment that I became a true believer in ECF PIF. I was pifing in the former pif thread and I picked up an offer of a pv bag. I had no idea the time, effort, and love that would be put into that bag. About 100 emails later, I had a beautiful piece of artwork and a new friend. :) I have always considered myself a decent person (toot) but I was pushed to be a better person by the generosity of this person. Since then, I have met so many more people like her and I can only aspire to be as giving as she is. Love you L'il Bug.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
The very first PIF offer I ever put up was taken by Jules. When she PM'd me, she was so friendly and made me feel so welcome...and truly inspired me to stick around and get to know everyone here. I thought if everyone here was HALF as sweet and kind as she was, it was going to be a wonderful place to meet some outstanding human beings...and I was right.

I didn't have much when I came here. I didn't know how much I'd be able to offer or help, but I was always made to feel welcome and appreciated. When I mentioned in a post that my sister was having health issues and I was desperate to switch her over to vaping, the response was incredible. Jules and several others PM'd me with offers of, oh, EVERYTHING to pass along to my sister and get her off to the best possible start.

Truly amazing people...truly amazing hearts. PIF has really been a lovely gift to me and I cherish it and all of you.

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
I sent a person who got burned some AC and some Ms T's french toast with bacon. That's my only PIF so far but it was fun to do. However I love the concept of PIF and think that it's wonderful we have a community of such great people. I look forward to piffing a lot of people and getting piffed too and I wish that didn't sound so um.......suggestive!

Since you can post 5 times, I`ll post one and that`ll leave 4 for my wife. I consider that a PIF in itself:D

Anyways, I have been a contractor most of my life. The last several years I have been dealing with major back issues and trying to survive on disability until they get this resolved, hopefully. Almost a year ago, probably close to mid August I had a guy I had recently met, and only knew as just a little more than an acquaintance at the time stop by to see how we were doing.

Well, we sat and talked for an hour or so, and during conversation talked about how times were tight, and the kids needed school clothes. I went to the bathroom while he sat talking to my wife. When I came out there was $200 where I was sitting where I had been sitting. I looked at my wife and asked, and she said "ask him". He said something to the effect of "you need it worse than I do, and the good Lord`s been good to me". I said "I can`t". He continued to try to force it on me, and I continued to refuse. He then said "just pay it forward when you can". I instantly thought of the movie, and said "you know... I can do that".

Low and behold two months later an older guy I hardly knew called me to ask to borrow a concrete float, and a wheel barrel. Told me the day he needed it, and the truck would be there at noon. 11:30a.m I`m driving to where I have some of my stuff stored to pick up the stuff. He calls me and says "the trucks here" in panic! Well, I rushed there no idea of what I was getting myself into. He was pouring 4 inches in a kitchen to bring it level with everything, and 4 yards of concrete had to be wheel barreled through the front door straight out of the truck and down the hall! No forms, nothing!

I was able to reach a friend of mine that is a little younger than I am, and we wheeled all of that concrete and I finished for him, bad back and all. It took 5 hours. I spent the next couple days on a heating pad in bed. When we finished he opened up a wallet full of large bills, and said "what do I owe you?" I simply told him "Pay it Forward", remembering my other friend from two months ago. He said "you`re crazy, I`m giving you some money!" I said "no you just gotta Pay it Forward". To this day I don`t know if he did, but I know that I kept my word to the 1st guy, and also to this day have never told him the story.

BTW this page isn`t long enough to mention the friends that have called during a T-storm with leaking roofs, getting up there lightning and all :facepalm:

The End ;)

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
So many PIF's but there is one that truly stands out for me. The Mick Chuck. We have a member that has a disabled son. They were both trying to quit cigs and were using 510's and box mods. The problem was, Scott was having troubles with keeping up the 510 and knocking the box mods around and breaking them because of his disability.

I put in a call to arms, so to speak. I asked that anyone that could spare $5 donate it to get Scott a Chuck. One of the toughest mods around. I thought it would probably take a couple of days to get the money for it. In less than one hour we had the money. By the end of the evening we not only had the money, but we had a charger and batteries for him too. I still get choked up thinking how great this group was for pulling together the way they did. It was an amazing thing to watch and even more amazing to be a part of.

Edit to add: If I somehow win this the prize will be PIF'd back in either a PIF or a contest.

Last edited:

autumnbreeze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Virginia
A fellow ECF'er had posted in the TV swap thread that he wanted to try some samples of the TV flavors in the same mg and VG% that I had. He said in the post that he wanted to buy them. I sent him a PM and told him that I had the flavors he was looking for. If he gave me his address, I'd send him out some samples free of charge.

After I had sent him the samples, he thanked me via PM once he received them. After a few PM's back and forth, I discovered that he had wanted to try some other flavors that I had. I sent him those, too. When he asked me if he could pay me something for my generosity, I told him, "I don't want anything. The vaping community has been so good to me and all I ask is that one day you pay it forward." He wrote back and said that he would do that.

simmi5

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Escanaba, Michigan, a Yooper!
I was pointed in the PIF direction by my daughter. For any of you who don't already know, that wonderful girl is PIF's very own Toni_Dov. After she watched me vape for over a year, she finally hopped on the bandwagon along with her husband, and I was thrilled to see them both quit smoking!

I heard many wonderful stories about the kindness of people on here! I joined and lurked around for awhile before joining in because I didn't really have anything to offer. One evening there was a PIF offered that I really wanted and asked how people get started when they don't have anything to offer up. OMG! People jumped in immediately to tell me that even if all I had to offer was something as simple as polyfill, to offer it up just to get started. The current offer was fantastic and was added to until there were 3 people on just the one! Toni mentioned that all I had ever vaped was menthol....you would have thought I had committed a crime!! A couple people jumped on that and took the offer FOR ME and then put things up for the next person! I couldn't even believe they would do that for a complete stranger who had never done one, single thing in here. Thanks to those awesome people, I was able to start PIF'ing, try new things and offer new things to others. I absolutely love this place....even if it does take up WAY too much of my time lately. :)

Fynlcut

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
Lower Left, Ohio
I had been lurking in PIF for a few weeks. I posted something about an offer that looked good, but did not accept it because I had noting to offer up. (I think I had 2 6ml bottles of juice, that were 1/2 full, at the time.) leannebug took the offer and since she was really only interested in a few items, PMed me and sent me the juice she wasn't interested in.
Thanks to her I was able to get started in PIF.

tranced

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
Grand Blanc, Michigan
During my very first clinical rotations as a nursing student my clinical instructor brought in a tote bag full of nursing books. These were the "nice to have" not the "had to have" books and she said she was given them from last years students and we were free to take what we wanted. I took a couple of these books and used them a bunch over the past year. When I graduated I looked her up and returned those books and added a few others that I loved enough to to rebuy on my pocket pc so I didn't need the paper copy to the pile. Her collection had gotten quite a bit smaller since then so I asked the librarian at my favorite hospital what they did with old editions of nursing books. Apparently they hold onto them until someone asks and then they give them all away. A week later I had two big boxes of books that probably had a retail value of around $2000-3000 to give away. Last I heard she's gotten two other clinical instructors setup to do some kind of book sharing like she did.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
I'm with Jules on this one....

Everyone jumping in and helping Mick's son get a chuck and everything he needed to vape was the best thing ever. Everyone came together and helped get this young man with everything he needed.

It all happened so fast and everyone was in on it...every single person offered up something to help.

It was an awesome moment to say the least. And, it made me feel so proud and good about everything that pif was and is.

That's the best feeling in the world.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
+1
I was also very touched by the way everyone came together for Mick's son. And pleased and proud to be a smart part of helping. I couldn't believe how fast it all came together! Still blows my mind and makes happy tears form in my eyes. One of the most touching PIF moments I've been fortunate enough to witness.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I gotta say that my most favorite PIF moment....the one I hold most dear to myself ...was not in this subforum but was on ECF... way before the PIF subforum was even started... it was the inspiration for me to get into PIF as far as PVs go...

Basically this guy Jeremy on his own started this thread that was "does vaping out of the box seem to be not cutting it for you?, do you need a mod to make a better go at it, but cant afford one?....then post here and I'll pick 5 people and buy them brand new mods of their choice" ....there were some touching stories there...I was maybe a month and a half into vaping...and true to his word he went and bought 5 chucks and a Super6..cuz he ended up that he could afford 6 and pick 6 instead of 5..
Granted, I might be biased because I was one of those 6 and in a real hard place at that time....but after some stranger....who I later came to find out was disabled himself...sprug for 6 mods for strangers out of his own pocket....I knew that when I could I'd have to do the same and PIF...

here's the thread by the way: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...vapin-but-cant-afford-their-favorite-mod.html

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
A few days ago when I found out that someone had banned our members and turned PIF into a private invite only group and only one person was deciding who stays,goes,and is aloud in,I was heartbroken! I thought it was over.
Then I watched things change and Toni and Jules and Joker brought it all back and srtaightened it out,My faith was restored!!YAY!!Long live PIF the SOCIAL GROUP WITH HEART!!!That moment of knowing it was all okay was great!!

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
I was going to write something like this for the whole group to see in its own thread, but since this popped up today I suppose it's a good place to write it.

_~*~_What PIF has done for me_~*~_

I was never a privleged child. Growing up, things were always extraordinarily complicated. My family was dirt poor, my mother was disabled, and my father could never keep a job. He later became diagnosed with schizophrenia and also was put on disability. I always had very little.

My grandmother was the closest person to my in my life. Having a father with schizophrenia and a mother who is addicted to narcotics (pain killers) doesn't leave a child in a place of 'respect' for their parents. My grandmother was always my shining example of what the world should be like. She was giving and sweet and was always there for anyone who needed a helping hand. I wanted to be just like her.

However my life did not seem to lend itself to good Karma. No matter how much I gave back to the universe in my own childish way, things never seemed to get better. My father revealed his homosexuality when I was eight years old, my mother left me and moved to Oregon. We got our food supply from the local church and my father ignored me for he was too depressed to deal with life.

Everytime I did something nice for someone else, my life, in turn, got worse. I began thinking that maybe life wasn't as straight forward and fair as my grandmother made it seem. But maybe, just maybe, if I gave as much of myself as I could to others, it would prevent me from facing the truly terrible. Maybe it wouldn't get me that brand new CD player or keep my parents together, but it was good Karma and that had to be good for something.

I battled my way through life trying to hold up these values and ideals. I did everything I could and continued to get nothing in return. I was beated, raped, mentally abused, physically strained but I always looked to my grandmother and knew that it would all be worth it. Someday I would marry a wonderful man like she had done and someday I would live in a wonderful house like she did, and then the universe would pay me back.

I did meet a wonderful man and have a wonderful son. But times were (and still are) very tough. My husband has been on and off work, consitantly getting laid off and told the very same thing each time "You're a good worker but we just can't keep you" He is still trying to support me while I get through school.

And still, I thought, I am halfway there, Grandma. Soon I will be just like you. Kind, giving, and blessed.

Then my grandmother died. She was 63 and she had diabetes. After a long and painful struggle we all gathered around and told her it was time to give up, to not hurt anymore. And she did. I have never felt so much pain. Both for losing my grandmother and the sudden realization that every ideal that had ever driven me to get past my demons just died in front of my eyes, literally.

I had taken a vow that day to live differently. To not get involved in problems that weren't mine. To take care of myself and my family and ignore the rest of the universe because what the hell had it ever done for me?

-------

I found out about e-cigarettes about a year ago when a friend of mine purchased a smoking everywhere kit. If I had only known then how much that little electronic device would save my life, my mind and my soul.

Fast forward to a couple months ago when I was looking on classifieds to swap some low mg nic for higher mg nic. It was posted in a way one would post a 'need' here. I asked desperately for help because I had made a mistake and 12mg was not satisfying me. I got a couple responses...

Yes, they were our very own Sensay and WhatAClumsyGirl. Clumsy sent me 24mg Tastyfinger and Sensay sent 24mg BNB. After she sent it, she told me that I ought to check out the PIF social group if I liked to trade.

So I wandered over here, still not aware of how open my mind was going to become, and how warm my heart was going to feel. I watched magic happen. I watched people group together to help other, I read stories of great 'Thanks' and developed appreciation for everyone here. One of them members here sent me a bag of free 3ml samples from TV at 24mg. Not only did he want no money, he wanted no thanks and definitely no praise. Sensay has helped me out an extraordinary amount, especially by giving me this passthrough...

Although we give and recieve nothing but little electronic devices and liquid, this group stands for much more than that. This group stand for love, generosity to your fellow man, and hope for me. It has restored my belief in Karma and my respect for the universe.

And most importantly it has given me a wide-eyed view of the world. Maybe it's not about getting that brand new CD player or even getting the life of your dreams. Maybe it's just about finding a group of people who care, establishing friendships and sharing them with each other. Maybe my grandmother always knew that and thought I should figure it out myself. And maybe her death was OK.

Thank you PIF.

Last edited:

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I gotta say that my most favorite PIF moment....the one I hold most dear to myself ...was not in this subforum but was on ECF... way before the PIF subforum was even started... it was the inspiration for me to get into PIF as far as PVs go...

Basically this guy Jeremy on his own started this thread that was "does vaping out of the box seem to be not cutting it for you?, do you need a mod to make a better go at it, but cant afford one?....then post here and I'll pick 5 people and buy them brand new mods of their choice" ....there were some touching stories there...I was maybe a month and a half into vaping...and true to his word he went and bought 5 chucks and a Super6..cuz he ended up that he could afford 6 and pick 6 instead of 5..
Granted, I might be biased because I was one of those 6 and in a real hard place at that time....but after some stranger....who I later came to find out was disabled himself...sprug for 6 mods for strangers out of his own pocket....I knew that when I could I'd have to do the same and PIF...

here's the thread by the way: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...vapin-but-cant-afford-their-favorite-mod.html

I was one of the winners on that contest also, I had entered it for a dear friend who was fighting with a box mod that had to be taped up and old 901 attys and batteries. Winning that mod for her made me cry. I don't know who was happier, me or her.

Sallana, your story really touches my heart. You have been thru so much but you still keep on giving. If you need anything, please let me know. I'll help all I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread