Not open for further replies.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Typical end of contest response....

Oh, what's that? Congrats Karla, thanks mark, and i hate random.org.....:thumbs:
Thanks everyone and I love random.org...or at least I do now. ;) i keep coming back to look at my new prize. It's beautiful. I already love it. :wub: Can't wait to try it out. I also have always wanted to try a carto tank. So many people use them I just have never had the chance so can't wait to try that as well. Now everyone is talking about that Vananaberry, maybe I should have picked that one. :facepalm: I don't like many fruit flavors but I do like banana. I've been trying to research what an 808 top cap is. :?: I have never seen 808 cartos so that will be a new experience too. Looks like it comes with an 801 to 901 adapter and it says 901 to 808 adapter. I'm not very familiar with adapters but why a 901 to 808 adapter if it already has a 808 top cap? So to use anything 510 do I need a 808 to 510 adapter? I also just got some 901 atomizers so they should work with the 808 to 901 adapter too right? Thanks so much. I am so excited!! :)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Basically cartos can be pretty "finicky". My experience has been that while some 808 cartos work fine on the Infinity as-is, I have had 100% success by using a 901/808 adapter on it (901 is the same threading as 808). 808 cartos are widely available, decent prices. Alternately a 901/510 adapter would let you use any 510 cartos -- a 901/510 runs about $2 - $3, available at many places (good prophets, liberty flights [I believe], Ikenvape,...).

901 atomizers should work, though I never used them. Infinity I only used with cartos -- didn't try atomizers until the last few months.

Carto tanks are really simple, fairly short learning curve, great if you have an eliquid that you like a lot, cuts down on refills. I haven't used the Smoketech tank, but the seals felt solid when I was checking carto fit, which means they won't leak, and the polypropylene plastic is highly resistant to cracking (some cinnamons, menthols, acidic fruits crack many standard clear tanks).

The 801 fusion cartomizers from Ikenvape, 2.5 ohms, are just a really nice carto, handle a lot of eliquids well. They are the only ones I use regularly now, though some people prefer the boge cartos (2.5 - 3.4 ohms is the sweet zone on the Infinity for resistance, in my opinion; I vape mainly 8 - 10 watts, which would be running at 4.5 - 5V. Infinity doesn't have voltage markings, you just rotate the dial to get what you think is good flavor, then leave it there until you feel like a change. If you overshoot, too high a voltage, no harm, the PV will just cut out until you decrease it slightly.)

The package shows as departed Syracuse yesterday, so it should be there fairly fast :)

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Basically cartos can be pretty "finicky". My experience has been that while some 808 cartos work fine on the Infinity as-is, I have had 100% success by using a 901/808 adapter on it (901 is the same threading as 808). 808 cartos are widely available, decent prices. Alternately a 901/510 adapter would let you use any 510 cartos -- a 901/510 runs about $2 - $3, available at many places (good prophets, liberty flights [I believe], Ikenvape,...).

901 atomizers should work, though I never used them. Infinity I only used with cartos -- didn't try atomizers until the last few months.

Carto tanks are really simple, fairly short learning curve, great if you have an eliquid that you like a lot, cuts down on refills. I haven't used the Smoketech tank, but the seals felt solid when I was checking carto fit, which means they won't leak, and the polypropylene plastic is highly resistant to cracking (some cinnamons, menthols, acidic fruits crack many standard clear tanks).

The 801 fusion cartomizers from Ikenvape, 2.5 ohms, are just a really nice carto, handle a lot of eliquids well. They are the only ones I use regularly now, though some people prefer the boge cartos (2.5 - 3.4 ohms is the sweet zone on the Infinity for resistance, in my opinion; I vape mainly 8 - 10 watts, which would be running at 4.5 - 5V. Infinity doesn't have voltage markings, you just rotate the dial to get what you think is good flavor, then leave it there until you feel like a change. If you overshoot, too high a voltage, no harm, the PV will just cut out until you decrease it slightly.)

The package shows as departed Syracuse yesterday, so it should be there fairly fast :)

Thanks. I have never tried a 801 carto so looking forward to it. I know I like IKV atties so I'd really like to try their cartos. I was curious about 801 atomizers too. Have you ever tried them. I just discovered 901 atomizers for the first time and really like them and saw Vapor Kings also sells 801 for really cheap. Just wondering how they compare. A like 901's a lot better than the 510 and found them really cheap which is good around here, especially with 2 of us vaping. LOL. Also have really wanted to try a tank so that will be great too. I was going to get some of my favorite Gorilla juice while AVE was having their sale so maybe I will throw in a 801-510 connector just to have but it sound like there are plenty of other options too. So what would be the diff between that and a 901-510 connector? So much to learn. LOL Thanks for your help again. :)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
You would want to add a 901/510 adapter, not an 801/510, that way you won't have to stack adapters.

A good thing if using atties is to go to a sealed adapter. I'm not sure how sealed the Infinity top cap is; a little leak from a carto tank is nothing, but at least in my case I'm still really inexperienced with atties so tend to flood a lot. My adapters aren't sealed, so I just added a tiny bit of JB Weld (from a hardware store) to the 901/510 adapter that I use on my VVPV (with an Ikenvape IO6 2.5 ohm atty -- a beautiful performer); masking tape on the back of the adapter, pushed onto the center connector, punch through the middle where the hole is with a small paperclip or tack, force a little JB Weld into the hole, remove the masking tape and wipe off any excess JB Weld on the threads, wait 24 hours, you'll have a well sealed adapter. Sorry I didn't ask if you wanted the adapters sealed -- didn't think of it, it only takes about 3 minutes to do. (I don't bother sealing the 901/801 adapter that I use myself, since I just use a carto tank on it, but if you use atties the sealed adapter might be worth doing.)

I had actually poked around for sealed adapters, it was a hassle, and somebody over in the notcigs forum area suggested the JB Weld method, it works nicely.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
@Bianca Yes I really like the i06 atty's as well. I only have 2. One each for both my husband and I, and now I just bought an i06 DCA and can't buy anymore i06's since IKENVAPE is out of commision for now. :( I could also use that with my new Infinity if I get the 510 adapter and wont have to worry about it leaking through the adapter. I love the DCA's. Also I may love the carto tank and may not need to drip. Have you ever tried 801 atomizers?

@Markfm Thanks so much for all your help and of course the Infinity and everything else. I really appreciate it and am so looking forward to it. Mailman just walked by. Guess it won't be here today. Didn't think it would, but I thought, You never know. LOL Thanks. :)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Yes, the IO6 is a nice atty, I listened to the atty vets before picking it to use. If you want to use them long term, with your own DT, either the Siam sleeve that Ikenvape sells (they have one that's just a DT adapter, rather than with integral DT), or the gratefulvaper sleeve, is good to have. The Siam is a brute to get on past the second oring in the sleeve, but you'll have zero leaks on the sleeve/atty connection, just what comes out the actual connector 510 air holes; the gratefulvaper sleeve doesn't have orings, you'll get some leak on the sleeve/atty connection (though not too bad), is vastly easier to get on and off the atty.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
I GOT IT!!:banana::banana::banana:Great mod. Haven't tried the tank yet. I'm getting ready to now. My daughter has surgery tomorrow so I'm so happy it came today. I can fill the tank up and just bring the Infinity instead of worrying about bringing juices and all that other stuff. It's also smaller than it looks in pics, which is great, because it will be less noticable in the hospital waiting room and I'm gonna need my nicotine while my daughter is in surgery. I'm already so worried. Thanks so much!! great charger and 2 sets of batteries. :ohmy: I love it. :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread