Pila Charger AC/DC Adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
I apologize in advance for the noob question. I have an issue with my pila charger power supply. I'm not sure if it's the AC Adaptor itself, or the adaptor plug, but I'm pretty sure it's the plug (North American plug).

I assume it's the plug because I can hear some rattle noises when I shake it, and before I had it completely crap out on me, I really had to fiddle around with the positioning of the plug in the socket to get it to power the charger. Is there a way I can test which may be the issue? if it is the plug, where can I buy that kind of adaptor plug (I have the European one that was included with the charger).

Here's a pic of the Pila power AC power supply with the adaptor plug with the specs.

20130917_213606.jpg

Here's a power supply I found that was used for a digital picture frame. The output is different and the input is 0.1a off, but I tried plugging it in the charger (without charging anything) and it powers up the charger no problem.

20130917_213703.jpg

My question is, can I use that other power supply? I'd rather buy just that adaptor plug that fits the 'original' Pila supplied power supply. OR would I have to buy a new one such at this one.

Lastly, the charger was exclusively used for charging 14500, and 16340 AW IMR batteries, and obviously I've had no issues with the Pila charger (until now), for the past 3 years. I have a back up Tenergy Multifunctional TR-001 charger to use for now, but I don't feel as safe or confident with that charger at all. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
Hey Switcher! ya, it's been a while.

Charger says:

DC In 6V / 2-3A
DC Out 4.2V / 600mA x 2

So ya, no go on the other power supply :(

Just hoping then, that I can find that adaptor somewhere, I have no idea where to begin. It seems a new power source with the specs as the original power source are running anywhere from $10+ shipped. That's just with the N/A plug, and although I may never use this charger abroad, that option is nice.

Fit, LTNS :)

The output of the 2nd power supply is 9V vice 6V, so I wouldn't use it. What does the charger itself say it requires for an input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread