Status
Not open for further replies.

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
I have been reading all the scary battery stories and while there is nothing new I always get a little paranoid when I read them. I have been telling myself I was going to get a high quality charger for maximum safety for quite some time now and I have been putting it off but now is the time.

I have been looking at the Sysmax i4 Intellicharger Crystal Clear Vaping because I like all the features, especially the independant charging bays. However, it seems that the Pila has the best reputation and I am also interested in the Pila too but does it do the independent bay charging too?

Also, if you know any pros/cons safety wise between the two chargers, then you can educate me on that too.

ninfreak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
burkesville, kentucky
you can't go wrong with a pila.... it truly is the best and worth the money. it indeed has independant charging and unlike cheap chargers that go to trickle charge when a battery is full, the pila shuts itself off. another pro is that it charges fast..... an 18650 will charge in just a few hours. i can't think of a con other than i wish pila made a 4+ bay model

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
The pila is a good charger. What I don't like about it is that it never gets my batteries up to 4.2v.
It stops charging them at 4-4.1v. In that respect, it's too safe. :)
I'd much rather have the cells come off a little hot than undercharged like that. Although 4-4.1V sounds OK, it's actually about 15% short of a full charge. That's not safe, that's poor performance.

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
Pila is ok except run times of my mods are shorter because of the lower finishing voltages.
4-4.1v varies on the condition of the batteries. I notice the newer ones finish at the higher
4.1 voltage.

Well now you all are making me reevaluate my decision on the Pila. Safety is a major concern for me but the batteries coming off at 4.0v is a little off-putting. 4.1v I could be happy with.

Do you get them coming off at 4.0 a lot or do they usually come off at 4.1 and only every once and a while 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread