Status
Not open for further replies.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
I finally took the plunge and ordered one from Super T Manufacturing. Shipping was really fast and I got it in no time. Ok, enough about the seller, on to the actual device.

I'd been using a standard trustfire charger for my AW IC protected lithium ion 3100 mah 18650's for use in my provari. After the most recent battery accident, and not knowing the actual cause, I figured having the best, safest charger available would be a smart move to protect against overcharging these batteries.

The Trustfire charger was taking a good 8-9 hours to charge these batteries. The PILA is taking around 3-4 hours. I typically get about a day and a half use out of these batteries, give or take. While I don't leave the batteries on the charger over night, now they charge so fast, I can charge a battery after I get home from work and have it finished before I'm even ready to go to bed. This is a big plus to me. If you've been contemplating picking one up, I say go for it. The charging algorithm it uses is the best that I've read about and it's the safest for your batteries. That, coupled with the fact that it takes less than half the time to charge a battery as a standard charger makes it a no-brainer. There is a reason they come so highly recommended.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I made sure to get one of these from AltSmoke when I ordered my SB and BB about 2 months ago. My intent of getting the more expensive Pila was hopefully realizing a better longterm investment for prolonging the life of my rechargeable batteries. I liked the idea of the 4 stage charging algorhytm, makes sense. In practice, although I don't have another charger to compare it to, the charging times for my 18650 and 14500 batteries seem quite fast. Batteries have never been hot, or even warm to touch. No regrets so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread