The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

PILA IBC 4 Stage Charger

Discussion in 'Accessory Reviews' started by andyman97, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. andyman97

andyman97 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    Upstate NY, USA
    I finally took the plunge and ordered one from Super T Manufacturing. Shipping was really fast and I got it in no time. Ok, enough about the seller, on to the actual device.

I'd been using a standard trustfire charger for my AW IC protected lithium ion 3100 mah 18650's for use in my provari. After the most recent battery accident, and not knowing the actual cause, I figured having the best, safest charger available would be a smart move to protect against overcharging these batteries.

The Trustfire charger was taking a good 8-9 hours to charge these batteries. The PILA is taking around 3-4 hours. I typically get about a day and a half use out of these batteries, give or take. While I don't leave the batteries on the charger over night, now they charge so fast, I can charge a battery after I get home from work and have it finished before I'm even ready to go to bed. This is a big plus to me. If you've been contemplating picking one up, I say go for it. The charging algorithm it uses is the best that I've read about and it's the safest for your batteries. That, coupled with the fact that it takes less than half the time to charge a battery as a standard charger makes it a no-brainer. There is a reason they come so highly recommended.

2. zen88

zen88 Full Member Verified Member

Aug 23, 2011
    philippines
    you make the right move to buy the PILA charger and also where you buy "Super T " .....

3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I made sure to get one of these from AltSmoke when I ordered my SB and BB about 2 months ago. My intent of getting the more expensive Pila was hopefully realizing a better longterm investment for prolonging the life of my rechargeable batteries. I liked the idea of the 4 stage charging algorhytm, makes sense. In practice, although I don't have another charger to compare it to, the charging times for my 18650 and 14500 batteries seem quite fast. Batteries have never been hot, or even warm to touch. No regrets so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.