Pilot or stick with the 901? Looking for reliability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedalus

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Internet3
Had a 901 for about three weeks, my original atomizer got wimpy last week and I've been back on analogs this week :(

I'm thinking part of the atomizers quick downfall was due to my lack of maintenance on it the first week and a half. I dripped from the beginning but didn't know to blow out the atomizer every day. My theory is that the excess juice in the atomizer caused it to overheat and weaken the heating coil. If I had taken care of it I'm guessing it would still be working right now.

Now I'm trying to decide to just restock on atomizers for the 901 or get a Pilot, since I'm hoping their atomizers are more reliable. I've also read that the 401 produces more consistent hits from beginning to end, as opposed to the 901 getting weaker and weaker as the battery goes down.

I'm almost tempted to just go for a penstyle (RN4072/DSE801) as they appear to be workhorses.

Thoughts?

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Had a 901 for about three weeks, my original atomizer got wimpy last week and I've been back on analogs this week :(

I'm thinking part of the atomizers quick downfall was due to my lack of maintenance on it the first week and a half. I dripped from the beginning but didn't know to blow out the atomizer every day. My theory is that the excess juice in the atomizer caused it to overheat and weaken the heating coil. If I had taken care of it I'm guessing it would still be working right now.

Now I'm trying to decide to just restock on atomizers for the 901 or get a Pilot, since I'm hoping their atomizers are more reliable. I've also read that the 401 produces more consistent hits from beginning to end, as opposed to the 901 getting weaker and weaker as the battery goes down.

I'm almost tempted to just go for a penstyle (RN4072/DSE801) as they appear to be workhorses.

Thoughts?

Daed--If you can go without a passthough--I would give the 401 a try--very good reports coming in from all sources--especally about it's atomizer--Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread