PIMP my eGo! for under 5$ (including tank)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
Clear tank, Ego Stand and button protector

What you will need:
Neoprene Cone washers:
Dealmonger: Harbor Freight Bag-O-Washers | Toolmonger
10ml BD Syringe (randomly selected vendor linked) :
10ml B-D Sterile Syringe
1 Standard or XL Ce2 (You can use the metal ones, but need tools to cut the casing and you will have a more classic tank look)

may possibly need:
Pen
Razor blade
Sandpaper

(Optional, workaround provided below using a piece of paper)
WholesaleTool OT BR-TC-02 1-1/8" Tubing Cutter | ToolBarn.com
They are about 4$ from the local hardware store.
(Optional, can use anything similar)
3ml Syringe plunger with the black rubber seal removed (can be put back on and syringe is still usable)

Start with the 10ml BD syringe. I leave about 1 cm because I am sure I will find something to use this for later. (some type of drip catch/shield maybe?)
The second cut will need to leave us with a 40ml section.

We will be making a few cuts here, so take your time. I use a pipe/tubing cutter to MARK the cut line:
If you don't have one and/or don't need it for other stuff then just take a piece of paper and wrap it around the syringe so the top of the paper is where you want to cut it. Mark that line with a razor/exacto or pen.
From the "Needle" end we want to cut off the cone portion of the syringe as close to the end as you can so you end up with a long tube.
The second cut will need to leave us with a 4ml section of tube (tank body).
You will need to make this about 1.5ml longer
IMG_20110703_223848.jpg
Take what is left of the syringe and cut off a piece about 1.5cm long. Carefully notch it out so that it fits around your ego button.

We will make a cut 1 CM from the "handle" (the part you grip with your fingers when injecting). If you want the stand taller then just make the cut line a bit higher up the body. You should have a piece like this when you are done:
IMG_20110606_173754.jpg

--OPTIONAL-- sand all cut edges. For the button protector just make a small tube of sandpaper the size of your button and use that to sand the "notch"
Take the cone seals out of the package. They will fit snugly inside the syringe tube so you will know they are the right ones.
IMG_20110606_173849.jpg
Disassemble the e2 and use the same method to cut 1/4 inch off the tube. SAVE BOTH PIECES and save the silicon pieces!
(yes, you can use replacement tubes or a section of 3ml syringe in place of the original tube.)
Take the short end of that tube and put it into one of the washers. Push that washer into one end of the tank body with the cone side coming past the end of the tube.
(you can use the syringe plunger to help line that up and keep it leveled.)
Take the other piece of that tube and push it into the other washer so that the washer is in the middle. There should be about equal lengths of tube from both sides.
Push the second washer into one end of the tank body with the cone side coming past the end of the tube.
IMG_20110704_004152.jpg
Be careful to avoid damaging the wicks and push the carto innards into place from the end with the shorter tube. Once it is most of the way in be cautious about the alignment. It can be damaged if it does not go into the tube on the other end of the tank.
IMG_20110704_004258.jpg
Take the cup seal (the larger silicone piece that came with the E2) and align the wick notches with the wicks as you push it into the tube.
(use some VG or PG to lube the tube and siicon piece.)
Push into place with a long object - I use a 3ml Syringe plunger with the black seal removed. It fits perfect and keeps everything level.
View attachment 50960
Use some caution here to make sure that the notches stay aligned with the wicks and fully seat the silicon piece. If the tube is not long enough to cover the entire silicone piece then you can adjust it by pushing more of the tube into the tank.
I recommend a little test here...grab that syringe with filler tip and put about half a ml of juice into the thing! I use PG 0mg for testing. If I lose the juice, no biggie and if the tank is good you don't have to wait for it to dry before filling and puffing if you use water.
(show full tank)
Rotate the tank and flip upside down for a second. I usually give them a pretty good shake too just to make sure they are solid.
If everything is good then drain and fill er up! If you used water then drain it and let it sit overnight.
I put the button protector on from the bottom of the ego with the notch upward. When the stand is on you can easily use the protector by sliding it up to the button, but you can vape away by lowering it. You will not lose it either as the stand keeps it from comming off the ego!
I like the look of the cone on my ego so I use an extender so I can still have my cone. Pop in a Drip Tip or mouthpiece and you are good to go!
(fully assembled pic in next post)

Using printable stickers or paint for the stand and button protector will make them match your ego. Leaving the stand longer will give you more area for "Pretty"

Last edited:

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
This one shows the finished products:
On the left, the XL tank (using e-2) with long stand (and "attached" button protector.
These parts were hastily cut with no sanding.

On the right, the Regular tank with shorty stand.
All parts cut carefully and sanded.

I was inspired by several ECF members and I do not take credit for the idea of using the syringe...
I was responsible for trying to make an entirely clear tank (just need to find clear silicone seals!) and the eGo cosmetics, as I have never seen them posted in ECF.

IMG_20110704_030434.jpg

One of those went to my parents (with the taller tank) and the other fried shortly after (probably from vain attempts to make a drip atty from an e2 XD)

I use the small tanks for my 510's at the moment until I get a replacement ego. They work on auto's as they do not leak (TEST CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU DO THIS!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread