Pipe smoker new to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wojax

Oct 31, 2017
Hi, all! I quit smoking cigs about 25 yrs ago, and about 20 yrs ago I started smoking a pipe... but just puffing, not inhaling. I do accidentally inhale about once a month and it feels like there's a very small person hanging out in my lungs kicking to get out! So, I avoid doing that when possible... :). My wife, who has always hated the smell of my tobacco, even while she was smoking cigarettes, quit about 6 months ago by getting into vaping. She's been bugging me to try ever since, and last week I finally relented. She gave me a starter Kanger eSmart kit along with various miscellaneous e-liquids she's been trying, and I haven't touched a pipe since! She recommended I get on this site, so, here I am! I'm enjoying reading the articles, and look forward to learning the technology. It kind of reminds me of when I first started in computers around 1979 with a TRS-80. Great fun learning! So, anyhow, greetings!

Wojax

Oct 31, 2017
Hello and welcome to ECF. Sometimes it pays to listen to our spouse. Good move. You also might want to look at some of the pipes available for vaping.
Jerry

Thanks, Diver. Part of the enjoyment of pipe smoking is the ability to clamp the pipe between your teeth and just puff without pushing a button! But, hey! I'm getting used to the button thing, and don't have to worry about tamping and relighting, and getting ashes all over the place! I am exploring this new (to me) world, and I'll find something that works for me. Primarily, I'm interested in a set-up where I can get a lot of tobacco-y flavor without inhaling. I know it's covered here somewhere!

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Welcome to the forum! You'll want to look into "MTL" (mouth-to-lung) atomizers for any future purchases or upgrades. MTL is a bit of a misnomer, since you don't have to inhale at all, but provides a nice, tight draw you can hold in your mouth (and still get a great nic fix if that's your goal). DL/DTL or direct-to-lung devices are more common, but won't allow that style of vaping and essentially must be taken into the lungs.

I've always kind of likened rebuildable atomizer and/or mechanical mod users as the pipe smokers of the vaping world. I'll be curious to see if that particular rabbit hole ends up luring you in.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Cool. At first I thought that would matter, but for now, I'll just be content with experimenting with the various e-liquids, and puffing out some smoke! ;)

So since I am now mixing my own ejuice I wonder how to make something like this? Or is it concentrate?

For good Info On mixing your own juice check out the DIY E-Liquid Forum...
DIY E-Liquid
And for Tobacco see this Thread...
Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread