The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pipes & Magnets!

Discussion in 'DSE 601 *Pipe*' started by BenJammin, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BenJammin

BenJammin Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sat my pipe down on the night stand and then noticed it turned itself on8-o. Picked it back up, and the led went out. Put it back, it lit up again. After some head scratching I searched the junk drawer in the top of the night stand and discovered the cause. A cluster of hobby magnets! A strong magnetic field will engage the switch. So be careful around your sub-woofers and such:D.

2. rsevans24

rsevans24 Full Member

Apr 7, 2010
    North Carolina
    Good looking out BenJammin!!

3. Kelemvor

Kelemvor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany NRW
    same for the ruyan cigars, the switch don't like these small spacer magnets around it.

4. DallasEd

DallasEd Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Texas
    Wow, thanks for the tip!

Ed.

5. BenJammin

BenJammin Senior Member ECF Veteran

Thought I'd post a quick update. I have since used this trick with the magnet to revive a pipe I thought was dead. The draw was unresponsive even with fully charged battery. By moving a magnet around until I found the "sweet spot" I could engage the stubborn switch. I've since drilled a small shallow hole into the pipe and secured a smaller magnet there. Voila! It's Alive! It's Alive! Muhuuuhahhahhaha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.