Pipes & Magnets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenJammin

Senior Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2009
153
19
Richmond Virginia, USA
    Sat my pipe down on the night stand and then noticed it turned itself on8-o. Picked it back up, and the led went out. Put it back, it lit up again. After some head scratching I searched the junk drawer in the top of the night stand and discovered the cause. A cluster of hobby magnets! A strong magnetic field will engage the switch. So be careful around your sub-woofers and such:D.
     

    BenJammin

    Senior Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2009
    153
    19
    Richmond Virginia, USA
      Thought I'd post a quick update. I have since used this trick with the magnet to revive a pipe I thought was dead. The draw was unresponsive even with fully charged battery. By moving a magnet around until I found the "sweet spot" I could engage the stubborn switch. I've since drilled a small shallow hole into the pipe and secured a smaller magnet there. Voila! It's Alive! It's Alive! Muhuuuhahhahhaha!
       
      Status
      Not open for further replies.

      Users who are viewing this thread

        ')