Pistachio ice cream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacArthurBug

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Off topic, you can get real pistachio ice cream at about every chinese buffet in America, I dream of their wonderful pistachio ice cream.

for me it's all about those darn fried donuts. I refuse to learn to make them at home- because I'd end up weighing a million pounds, but I'll eat 'em at the buffet 'cause I love them.

Dracorana

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Binghamton New York
for me it's all about those darn fried donuts. I refuse to learn to make them at home- because I'd end up weighing a million pounds, but I'll eat 'em at the buffet 'cause I love them.

believe it or not 90% of chinese places just use the canisters of pop and bake type biscuits that you can find in any grocery refrigerated section. think Pillsbury. They just fry them instead of baking them. I have a friend who used to work in the dairy dept of a supermarket and he said they had a standing order always placed aside for several owners of the larger china buffets in the area. So go fry a biscuit and dust with powdered sugar lol

MacArthurBug

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
darnit.

Tried it- fried in peanut oil until golden brown dusted with A mix of regular sugar and decoritive sugar. VERYVERY good. And just like the buffet. WILL not be making these except for school functions because I really will gain serious poundage munching on these little bits of heaven. Curse you! PLUS bumpage because I want a review of pistachio!

Dracorana

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Binghamton New York
darnit.

Tried it- fried in peanut oil until golden brown dusted with A mix of regular sugar and decoritive sugar. VERYVERY good. And just like the buffet. WILL not be making these except for school functions because I really will gain serious poundage munching on these little bits of heaven. Curse you! PLUS bumpage because I want a review of pistachio!
:thumbs: I'm sorry, but I had to tell you guys what they really are lol. They are pretty damn good though.

bigboom

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
bump, wondering if anyone can review the pistachio :)

I've got a bottle of 24mg/10% vg that I'm letting sit before making any conclusions. I bought it through the ECF classifieds and the initial taste upon arrival was....well.....odd. It didn't taste like pistachio and it didn't taste like ice cream. As I posted on another thread, I also bought some Amaretto Stone Sour that I hated upon arrival. Two weeks later, I pulled it out and it's incredibly awesome. The two week window on the P/IC is tomorrow so I'm gong to give it another try in the next couple of days. I'll post my thoughts here after giving it another try.

Michelle43

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
North Dakota
I've got a bottle of 24mg/10% vg that I'm letting sit before making any conclusions. I bought it through the ECF classifieds and the initial taste upon arrival was....well.....odd. It didn't taste like pistachio and it didn't taste like ice cream. As I posted on another thread, I also bought some Amaretto Stone Sour that I hated upon arrival. Two weeks later, I pulled it out and it's incredibly awesome. The two week window on the P/IC is tomorrow so I'm gong to give it another try in the next couple of days. I'll post my thoughts here after giving it another try.

Thanks bigboom :)

bigboom

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I've got a bottle of 24mg/10% vg that I'm letting sit before making any conclusions. I bought it through the ECF classifieds and the initial taste upon arrival was....well.....odd. It didn't taste like pistachio and it didn't taste like ice cream. As I posted on another thread, I also bought some Amaretto Stone Sour that I hated upon arrival. Two weeks later, I pulled it out and it's incredibly awesome. The two week window on the P/IC is tomorrow so I'm going to give it another try in the next couple of days. I'll post my thoughts here after giving it another try.

Okay....okay....I know how bad this looks to be quoting myself.......

So here's the short version since I'm slammed with life: Last night I cracked the bottle of P.I.C. back open for the first time in at least two weeks. Upon opening, the strong aroma was pleasing at arm's length so I moved the bottle to my nose. Excellent....and nothing like the chemical smell on arrival. I filled a cart, put four drops on a clean 510 atty, and attached the atty to my BB with a fresh 14500 battery. I pressed the button and as I inhaled, I tasted a nicely sweet flavor that was nonexistent during the first PIC taste two weeks earlier. I took a large drag with newfound expectations of getting something really good and ladies and gentlemen, I was not disappointed. The taste was extremely pleasant. Since it was a clean atty, it took a couple of drops here and topping off there to settle in to a very solid, great tasting, heavy vapor producing experience. This juice is sweet, flavorful (I'm still trying to pinpoint the flavor--I'm tasting the cream but not exactly pistachio, but the as yet undescribed flavor is excellent), provides an excellent throat hit and vapor. My vaping today has been limited but this is the only juice I've vaped. Frankly, I love it and marvel at the fact that two weeks ago, it sucked. Once again, time has aged this juice for the good.

I hope this helps the OP. I recommend this juice but you should expect that you'll have to wait a bit upon arrival to enjoy it. This PIC experience has turned out to be an excellent surprise. It's REALLY good! It's Tasty Finger good! It's AC good! Did I mention I like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread