Pizza Dave Delivers - A Kit Review - The Eco Pro Kit by Vapor Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape reviews. Today I will be going over the Eco Pro rda kit by Vapor Storm. The Eco pro kit features a small, lightweight, single 18650 mod, that has a max wattage of 80w. Oddly enough, it is paired with the Lion rda, which I previously reviewed. This is a dual coil RDA, with a ton of air flow. This makes it an odd couple indeed. Let’s dive down, go over the mod, copy and paste in the lion rda section, and give you my final thoughts.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by efun.top for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Eco Pro 80w mod
  • 1 Lion RDA
  • Pack of coils and cotton
  • Multitool
  • Spare parts
  • USB cable
  • Paperwork

- Available in black, and a handful of printed colors that have some wild designs. Mine is the red and black rendition. It has a bunch of totally random words and images. It says, “I am the coolest” “Idea” “Mind Free” and other totally dumb crap throughout. I don’t like this design or the marketing behind saying something like that on a box mod.

STOCK SHOT
FsTIWM3.jpg

PACKAGING
I5BHaBo.jpg

UNBOXED
g09pt3v.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

The mod is another one of those featherweight plastic devices that we are seeing many companies come out with. It has a rubbery texture, so it feels pretty decent in hand. Other bits and bobs include a magnetic battery door, a small LED display, and will fit up to a 24mm atomizer with no overhang. The buttons all have a good feel, and it is a rattle free device. I don’t mind the feel, form factor or overall build quality, but the 510 is a no go for me. It is deeply set into the top of the mod, so only a few threads of each atomizer I tried grab before it is bottomed out. A shorter 510 on an atomizers would make it unusable on this mod.

OPERATION

The chipset on this device is a simple one. 5 clicks of the fire button will turn it on and off, flipping the screen orientation is done by holding the adjustment buttons simultaneously, and clicking the fire button 3 times will highlight the mode to be changed. Once highlighted, modes are cycled with the adjustment buttons and entered with the fire button.

POWER

TC Ni

TC Ti

TC SS

There are no curves, preheat, boosts, or any other additions to this device. Simple, and easy to use. The screen is small, but it is nice, bright, and clearly laid out.

HOW IT VAPES

Like I said in my intro, this came with the Lion RDA. This just isn’t a good pairing. I would never want to run a dual coil RDA on a single 18650, as the battery and power just isn’t there. I used it for testing a little, but for the most part, I used this mod with some MTL atomizers I had, as I felt that was a better match. With no boost chip, power greatly suffers as the battery is depleted. If feels like it puts out the power I wanted when the battery was full, but it just kept getting weaker and weaker, and was almost like using a mechanical mod with a dual coil rda on it. With MTL atomizers at 30w, this works just fine. I had the battery life to get through the work day, all while keeping a pocket friendly, lightweight, and compact setup. I lightly tested temp control in SS mode. It felt similar to the wattage mode in the fact that it produced warm vapor with full batteries but struggled to give the power needed to get the temp up. It also didn’t taper off as the cotton was bone dry, so I would basically say this has no temp control in my opinion.

The next portion here is a copy and past of my Lion RDA final thoughts and pros/cons as I have already reviewed it.

LION RDA SUMMARY

So, time to see how Vapor Storm’s first rebuildable is…. When I first got it, all I thought was “cheap, cheap cheap”. It feels cheap and looks cheap. I ended up with two of these (other one came in the ECO RDA kit being reviewed in a few weeks). The one I tested for this review has printed logos and feels lightweight and aluminum. The one that came with the Eco kit is heavier, probably SS, and has deeply etched logos and designs. Not sure why there is a difference when they share the same name, but it is what it is. Right away I went into this review feeling negative because it seems to dated and cheap, but I found that with the right build it can perform decently. Flavor is in the middle of the road. It isn’t amazing, but it doesn’t suck either, it just exists. It has some good things going for it. It is easy to build and wick. It comes with some nice drip tips, which are needed since the design itself is kind of bland. It does have some cons packed in there too. The air flow is turbulent, the fit and finish is very cheap, and there is NO SQUONK PIN. One thing I found with the standard 510 on this RDA, is that the positive pin doesn’t protrude past the peek insulator very far. I didn’t feel comfortable testing it on a hybrid mechanical mod due to this. SOOO, what else can I say about this one? I can see this one being a good fit for a new builder if it can be found for super cheap. However, there are some well-known RDAs that can be picked up for close to the same and they typically come with more spares and better fit and finish.

PROS

• Easy to build and wick
  • Flavor can be decent if you play with it enough
  • Affordable price
  • Nice looking resin drip tips

CONS

• Build quality is cheap
  • Turbulent air flow
  • No squonk pin
  • Tin aluminum w/ printed designs
  • Shallow + pin

PHOTO GALLERY

yYiuxjt.jpg

83Sum58.jpg

naEFU1W.jpg

EOvVqjB.jpg

J6I7zxG.jpg

PVdU1u5.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Eco Pro RDA kit is an odd one for sure. I don’t know who at Vapor storm thought it was a good idea to put an underpowered, non-boosting, single battery mod in the same box as a dual coil rda that has a lot of air flow and needs a good amount of power to perform. It just doesn’t make any sense. The mod though, isn’t all that bad for what it is. When paired with smaller atomizers, I felt like it was acceptable. I like the lightweight frame, compact size, and the rubberized finish. Sure, their marketing with crap like “IDEA” and “I’m the coolest” on the mod itself is just lame and not well thought out, but some of the colors look cool and unique. If you don’t like unique, there is always the basic black model. There are a few cons with this mod too. The power output suffers as the battery is depleted, so using this with atomizers that are sub-ohm and require 50+ watts to perform won’t vape all that great once the battery gets below half. It was ok with MTL atomizers, but I could feel the lack of power on other tanks. Another con that can almost render this useless is the 510 pin. Like I said before, it is installed very deep in the top of the mod. I had some atomizers that barely had threads grabbing before they were bottomed out and had one (pixie rda) that didn’t have deep enough threads to be used on this. Even the included Lion RDA struggled to screw down, and it’s included in the box. They must have totally overlooked that and hardly screwed an atomizer on this after design. So, with the cons I came up with, along with the peculiar pairing with this rda, I cannot endorse this as something to buy. As a kit, it is just dumb, and the mod, by itself is not very good. Sure, this is a cheap kit, but it is something I can see many getting, using for a while, and becoming quickly dissatisfied and needed an upgrade sooner than later.

PROS

• Small form factor
  • Rubberized finish
  • No rattles

CONS

• No boost chip
  • Sunken in 510 pin
  • Poorly thought out to pair this mod with the rda it came with
  • Some designs have really lame stuff on them but hey, this mod tells the world “I’m the coolest!”

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Efun.top for sending this to me for review. The kit is online for about $30. I am seeing just the mod for under $20, so maybe some MTL fanboys could snag it as a backup for their low wattage stuff.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread