Pizza Dave Delivers - A Kit Review - The iJust 21700 by Eleaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape reviews. Today I will be going over the iJust 21700 by Eleaf. The iJust series of devices have been around for a long time. Their latest iteration of this series is similar to those in the past, but this time it is compatible with 21700 batteries. This non-adjustable, regulated, stick style mod has a max wattage of 80w, is a simple one button design, and comes complete with the Ello Duro tank. The Ello Duro has been around for a while, but this time around, they introduced new mesh coils that have some different features I will discuss down at the bottom. Anyways…let’s dive right in, see what this is all about, and as always, I will give my final thoughts down at the bottom.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Eleaf for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Eleaf iJust 21700 mod
  • 1 Ello Duro tank
  • 2 .2-ohm mesh coils (net coil available, but my sample had only the HW-M2 included)
  • 1 Acrylic (funky) bubble glass (5.5ml)
  • 1 Spare straight glass (2ml)
  • Spare parts bag
  • 18650 Battery Adapter
  • 1 USB cable
  • Paperwork

- Available in black, red, silver, rainbow, and purple/blue.

STOCK SHOT
njRpKPW.jpg

PACKAGING
ClYYcDz.jpg

UNBOXED
vCiiifx.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW AND OPERATION

It won’t take long to go over this one. The iJust 21700 is a basic stick style device. Click the fire button 5 times to turn it on and off, charge it up, and vape it. This device features an LED indication behind the fire button which will flash to indication fault conditions as well as battery life. The LED indication for battery life is as follows.

Green – 60-100%

Orange - 30-59%

Blue – 210-29%

Red - <5%

I didn’t notice these LEDs all that much, as they are very dimly lit. They are hard to see on sunny day, but at least they offer a wide range of battery indication. The last thing I can cover here is the battery door. This one has a cap on the bottom that twists off and the battery pops right out. It has nice threading and holds secure. I never battled to get the threads started and it stayed put during use. This will fit 20700 and 21700 batteries without an adapter but will also work with 18650s using the included adapter. My 20700s bounced around a little inside the device, but 21700 and 18650s were much more secure.

HOW IT VAPES

This is the section that everyone really cares about. The iJust itself works just fine. It ramps up quickly, gives a solid indication of battery life throughout the day, and matches the included tank perfectly. Where the vapors happen is the real deal here. This kit comes with a revamped Ello Duro tank. It has a funky new design all thanks to an odd shaped acrylic glass that holds 5.5ml of e-liquid. If that isn’t your style, it also comes with 2ml straight glass for a more traditional look.

TANK REVIEW

The Ello Duro came out last year and was included in some of the Eleaf kits. I didn’t think a whole lot of it, and felt it was just an OK tank. This time around, Eleaf went with a different coil design and boy did it make a difference. The coils have typical mesh or net coil material, but they added an insert up the center so airflow can enter and go outward right at the surface of the coils, rather than just blowing past. It creates a huge bump in flavor over the original coils that came with the Duro and makes this a very flavorful starter kit. I don’t think it is up to snuff with the top mesh coiled tanks out there, but this is no slouch. They claim these coils are leak resistant and “recycle” liquid, thanks to small holes in the bottom of the coil which are there to suck up liquid. They can claim all they want, and stand behind it, because I never had a lick of leaking with this. I went all the way up to 55mls or so before I tossed the original coil and it never leaked. Most tanks I use tend to seep at least some by 40mls, but nothing here at all. I left this sit for 3 days, grabbed it, and it was good to go with no flooding or leaking. Kudos to them for this. The last thing I will touch on is the refill method. This comes with a sliding top cap. The site shows that you twist and then slide, but mine is slide only. I never had it happen, but this does have the possibility of sliding open in a pocket. The fill port is an OK size, but I think it could be bigger to be a bit more dropper bottle friendly. Overall, it is a solid tank that performs well on top of the device.

TANK PROS

• Good flavor
  • Good capacity
  • No leaking
  • Matches mod well

TANK CONS

• Slide fill top can slide over in a pocket (mine didn’t lock like their site shows)
  • Acrylic tank could crack with acidic e-liquids

PHOTO GALLERY

TMNummN.jpg

VcJmkfp.jpg

bdVPlUZ.jpg

THss0FD.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The iJust 21700 is a nice entry into Eleafs iJust series of devices. I was able to go all day on a single 21700 battery, and I at least knew where the level was thanks to multiple battery indications via LED. Sure, they could be brighter, but at least they are there. The overall design of this mod looks sharp in my opinion. I love the engravings in the body, and it stands out from several sticks on the market. I think one of the biggest pros to this device has to be the revised Ello Duro tank with the new coils. The flavor is one of the best that Eleaf has come up with and the coil life is great. I REALLY loved the fact that I never had leaking issues at all, which is a big pro with tanks for me. I couldn’t really come up with many cons to be honest. Sure, stick style devices can be tippy, but when it did tip, the acrylic held up. Sure, the sliding cap can pop open, but mine didn’t. (This won’t matter if the retail version does have a twist and slide function). I mean…there isn’t much bad to say here. It is a stick style device, and if that is what you desire, I can’t say this is bad by any means. It is one of the best sticks I have used to date if not the best one all thanks to the removable 21700 aspect. I loved being able to toss my own battery in, rather than charge it up via USB like many sticks out there. This one surprised me a bit, and while I am not a huge stick style device fan, they did a nice job here.

PROS

• Removable batteries
  • Compatible with 18650, 20700, and 21700 batteries
  • Solidly built
  • Comes with a good performing tank
  • Nice color options
  • Multiple stage battery indication
  • Low price point

CONS

• Tips over easily
  • LED could be brighter

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Eleaf for sending this my way for review. If you are interested in picking one up, I am seeing them online for about $35-40.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread