Pizza Dave Delivers - A Kit Review - The Kroma-R by Innokin

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. This is Pizza Dave and today I will be going over the Kroma-R kit by Innokin. The kit I have comes with the Zlide D24, which is a 24mm tank that is designed for MTL operations, and similar to the 22mm version of the tank which I have used a handful of times before. The device however, is something a bit new. The Kroma-R is a single 18650 device, ditching the internal battery of previous Kroma kits. It is compact, curvy, and really great looking. Heard some good things about this device, so let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me Innokin for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• Kroma-R 80w device
  • Zlide D24 (24mm Zlide tanks)
  • 1 1.2-ohm coil
  • 1 .8-ohm coil
  • Spare glass
  • Spare 510 drip tip
  • Spare O-rings
  • Micro-USB Cable
  • Paperwork

Available in black, stainless steel, gunmetal, and bronze

STOCK SHOT
fSJjgx8.jpg

PACKAGING
P3FefSN.jpg

UNBOXED
Jkb5tzb.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 131mm x 26mm x 40mm

Battery: Single 18650

Power Range: 6-80w

Other features: Fire button is a fire bar built into the screen portion.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Typical of Innokin, their packaging is top notch. As you slide the inner box from a sleeve you are greeted with a box with two halves. Left side is for accessories, the right side is for mod. I open up the mod side and am presented with one of the prettiest devices I have seen in a while. In a glimmering brushed bronze paint scheme with polished gunmetal surfaces, this looks amazing. I instantly felt excited to try this thing out just from that first glance. At the base, there is a spring-loaded battery door which is secured shut by a latch. On the back, right where your palm sits is a patch of a textured material that breaks up the styling and adds grip. The first button is built into the screen side of the mod and feels like a fire bar. The tank, a Zlide 24mm version, is nothing new for me. Sure, it’s wider, but other than that it is the same old Zlide tank. No cons to report on initial inspection.

OPERATION

The Kroma-R, for a compact device, comes packed with a lot of features. I am going to try and keep this as abbreviated, yet complete as possible. Ready….GO!

• 3 clicks of the fire button turns the device on and off
  • Adjusting power or voltage is done by pressing and holding the buttons down to unlock. once adjusting, they move in .5-watt increments or .05v increments
  • Pressing fire/up together shows the puff counter, atomizer resistances, and a more detailed battery level. Puff can also be cleared here.
  • Pressing fire/down together locks out the adjustment buttons
  • Pressing the up/down button together gets you into the menu
    • Wattage
    • Watt Mode
      • Soft, normal, hard
    • Voltage
    • Volt Mode
      • Soft, normal, hard
    • Curve
    • Bypass
    • Cutoff
    • Screen
    • Back

That is really it. Not a device that is tough to just pick up and start using.

PHOTO GALLERY

CHYnZIh.jpg

gT2aYTy.jpg

q3ULk5I.jpg

7VhfQFO.jpg

ILsaYk5.jpg

1kTaet5.jpg

ShehsWm.jpg

Uj6wBEi.jpg

USEAGE / FINAL THOUGHTS

To be clear, the majority of my testing was completed as a kit, with the Zlide D24. As a kit, these two go together beautifully. The battery life is incredible, the vape is satisfying, and they look great. I have reviewed the Zlide before, and it’s just a decent MTL tank. It works, and is an excellent starter tank for a beginner transitioning from smoking. The device, on the other hand, is something that both new and old vapors could appreciate. It is simple enough to work for a beginner, but has enough features to keep someone interested. It also adds some nice touches like the unique coil recognition screen and a clear display that shows everything you need to in vibrant fashion. Does it have temp control? No. Is it a powerhouse? I tossed an RDA on top and ran it at 80w and it works, but it won’t sustain that for a long time being a single 18650 device. The place in the market where I see this fitting is for the MTL fans out there. It will provide adequate power, while looking great in that market. Either that, or for those who can vape at 60w or less. The Intake single RTA works well on here, and is satisfying at 50W, so there’s that. There are very few cons on this device. It has some glossy surfaces that are finger print magnets, but other than that there isn’t anything really “bad” with this device. I love the look, feel, and functionality of the device and think that if you fit in those couple of categories I just mentioned, you will love it too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? As much as I I this device, it doesn't dethrone some other favorites so I wouldn't rush out to buy a new one.

PROS

• Looks great
  • Feels comfortable in hand
  • Battery door is well done
  • Fast ramp up time
  • 25mm without overhang

CONS

• Glossy surfaces on top, bottom, and screen show fingerprints and marking
  • Adjustment buttons have slight rattle (very slight)
  • Does not fully shut down, only goes to sleep mode.

Thank you everyone for reading and thank you to Innokin for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these listed online for about $50-60 as a kit.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread